Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Numbers Don't Add UP

The Numbers Don't Add UP

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    Why would a guy give up a law career to chase garbage trucks???????
    That is the 100,000 dollar question. The pressure must have gotten to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4UWS
    I hear he told the police chief to count his copies, that may save $200,000......................... or like the 100 grand for 2 pt rec aids at $8 per hours, like that??
    Quote Originally Posted by West Seneca Bee=April 17, 2008
    In another matter, the board voted 4-1 to table a resolution to terminate two part-time recreational attendants who work at the Burchfield Nature and Art Center.
    Council Member Christina Bove moved to table the measure saying the board needs more time to analyze the situation and meet with the center foundation. Bove said Tuesday that she wants to look carefully "before putting people on the chopping block."
    But Piotrowski, who opposed the motion, noted that the review has been under way since February. "We had plenty of time, and I think we need to move ahead." he said, adding that the town could save $100,000 a year by eliminating the attendants and still continue its programs.

The problem folks is that the twenty something recreation attendants, who had been hired only months before, were fired by Wallace Piotrowski BEFORE this vote was taken, so the vote was moot, except to demonstrate his incompetence. It was a nonsanctioned firing. For the record, these two part time employees were costing the town $100,000 according to WP. Don't believe me, check the Bee, check the minutes of the board meeting when posted. Furthermore, the firing was done without asking any input, or giving any notice to the "center foundation", in effect making them irrelevent.
    This man Wallace Piotrowski is a lier, incompetent, wants to see the BNAC fail, cruel, arrogant, and in issue after issue is making his true nature known. Yes, Wallace Piotrowskis firings leave the park with only one employee. Why was that employee chosen over the other two? Special relationship no doubt.
    Imagine being twenty something, just starting out and getting hired by a town to work in a park, one of three hired, and getting pink slipped months later. Getting pink slipped because you are too expensive. Of course you were costing the town no benefits. Nope, besides being an incompetent manager of a duplex, he has no math skills either.

What was your realtionship with the 2 fired employees?

What service did they provide?

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    What was your realtionship with the 2 fired employees?

What service did they provide?
    What difference would be my relationship to anyone. As far as what service did they provide, who knows, they never got a chance to provide any.

What is your relationship to Wallace Peotrowski? You seem to be trying to screen him from issues of cruelty, math incompetence, and incompetent management. One plus one equals two.

What difference would be my relationship to anyone. As far as what service did they provide, who knows, they never got a chance to provide any.

What is your relationship to Wallace Peotrowski? You seem to be trying to screen him from issues of cruelty, math incompetence, and incompetent management. One plus one equals two.

Perhaps I read you wrong? I thought your questioning of why the one was kept over the other two was a suggestion that there was something nefarious going on. If I'm mistaken, which we both know I'm not, then I apologize.
    So, what is your relationship to the 2 fired employees?

These people were obviously hired by "somebody" (wink wink) for a reason. What did they interview for? What were their qualifications. Obviously there must have been a job description.

I don't have any relationship to Wally in any way, shape, or form other than seeing him in traffic court once. I voted for him, but that's as far as that goes.

What cruelty issue? What math incompetence? As far as management goes I think screwing with the sanitation workers is a dumb frigging idea, other than that I haven't seen any other instance that raised my hackles yet. Give it time, I'm sure he'll do something worthy of ridicule.

Why do you birchfield guys get in such a tizzy?

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    Perhaps I read you wrong? I thought your questioning of why the one was kept over the other two was a suggestion that there was something nefarious going on. If I'm mistaken, which we both know I'm not, then I apologize.
    With regard to the math, simple math of 20 hours for seven months, and 40 for five months=number of hours per year. Multiply the rate times two gives a number. I would bet it is far less than 100,000.

With regard to the three, all had the same qualifications plus or minus a college degree. All about the same age. Two female, one male. EXCEPT, the one male was a school board member's son. wink, wink, wink.

Quote Originally Posted by WSBEE, BNAC, pg8
    James Rathmann..inquired where the supervisor had come up with the figure of $100,000 in saving by removing two positions from the BNAC. Rathmann said that by his calculations, eliminating the two part-time staff would save about $31,000.
    Piotrowski said the $100,000 was derived from a package submitted to him by Burchfield employees in January or February.
    This is interesting. Who were the Burchfield employees who provided the $100,000 figure. It couldn't have been Rathmann. It must have been Andrew Jarczyk. Was this one of the ways Andrew stuck it to the girls. Also, how was Wallace so dumb as to consider this a valid number.

Just wait...

This is interesting. Who were the Burchfield employees who provided the $100,000 figure. It couldn't have been Rathmann. It must have been Andrew Jarczyk. Was this one of the ways Andrew stuck it to the girls. Also, how was Wallace so dumb as to consider this a valid number.
    I'm sure there's going to more accurate information on this point and others in the days ahead. I'm certain you know how to get to the "root" of a problem! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by OldTymeRevival
    I'm sure there's going to more accurate information on this point and others in the days ahead. I'm certain you know how to get to the "root" of a problem! LOL
    No, perhaps with "your inside information to include Americorp" you can keep us informed. LOL

Americorps is out...

No, perhaps with "your inside information to include Americorp" you can keep us informed. LOL
    Who cares! I have my eye on the Burchfield itself- its continued growth and long-term success, that's what interests me the most.

Who cares! I have my eye on the Burchfield itself- its continued growth and long-term success, that's what interests me the most.
    You told us once you had inside information. Comon Revival, share the info...
    I want to know how it is going to become self sufficient. Where is the money coming from....
    The Olmsted Nature Conservancy, are they self sufficient? Who is going to pay Andrew's salary into the future? The town doesn't want to.
    Sounds like some problems ahead for the Burchfield. The Burchfield-Penny, they know how to fund raise, not the BNAC.
    Further, it sounds like Americorp has paid rent for the building and the BNAC has not. This thing about closing a door because of noise is a valid request from a paying tenant to a freeloader. Perhaps if there was no room, there should not have been a class in the first place. The BNAC is not a school.
    Last edited by Niagara; May 9th, 2008 at 03:53 PM.

I'm sure there's going to more accurate information on this point and others in the days ahead.
    Furthermore, now that we know that those two girls were going to cost the town $100,000, how much is Andrew costing the town? A taxpayer wants to know.... Is he getting $60,000???

FOIL the information!

Furthermore, now that we know that those two girls were going to cost the town $100,000, how much is Andrew costing the town? A taxpayer wants to know.... Is he getting $60,000???
    If you need to know right away, and simply cannot wait, then FOIL the information from the town. You waste too much precious time and energy nattering about silliness and unsubstantiated matters. You want answers, ask the people who know, or wait for it to come out- and it will. Ask your wife!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I would love to see the expenditures since this program started in WS.

How many employees/salaries versus the money that acutally got down to the kids they were helping.

THey said it was millions for the community over what time frame. Divid that by the years the program was here and then deduct "administration" cost......

You're speaking to Americorps!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    I would love to see the expenditures since this program started in WS.

How many employees/salaries versus the money that acutally got down to the kids they were helping.

THey said it was millions for the community over what time frame. Divid that by the years the program was here and then deduct "administration" cost......
    This is in regard to the Burchfield Nature and Art Center's staff. Now lack of- two fired, one just quit (yes, this time for good).

But you're right, and that's what the Town is looking into and will now (apparently) be more transparent about. Let's see.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The reason I say that is when someone states "And it pulled 3 million into our area".

Well if it was 3 mil over 6 years that would be $500,000 a year divided by 5 "politically" connected people. They could make $80,000 each with a truck/insurance. I mean it did pull $3 mil into the area but it was really just funneled into 5 politically connected people. See what I mean. You know who benefited the most? the 5 people not the community.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information