Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speculations

Speculations

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    Why would a lawyer in the prime of his career what to become a town supervisor at a third to half of an income of a lawyer, unless.......

1. I am independently wealthy, and I want to make a difference.
    2. I need the money, the law has not been kind to me financially.
    3. I can do both, in fact maybe I can throw some legal business my way.
    4. I can smell the bling bling in this job. Just give me some time to find the tap.
    My guess is that it is a variation of 3 and 4. I understand that WP owns an real estate asessor's business. Might the town contract his business to set asessments?
    Could his continued overwhelming support of AJ at the Burchfield despite his being such a.....be an accident, or a potential alliance. Could school board trustee, and AJ's mother be planning a run for town council in the next election?
    Indeed, could this be a plan of familial succession?
    Look out Graber and Bove, WP wants one or both of you gone. Dale, my guess he will aim for you in the election following.

Reponse

Experience has taught me that many get into politics to fuel their ego, and often use that position as a stepping stone to their ultimate goal. Those who get involved for the good of the people, often are stymied by political machines, and a "good 'ol boy, three men in a room" system. Working in these systems are of course fed by special interest groups such as Senior Citizens, Soccer Moms or other sport groups, some labor unions, large business owners able to make large contributions to a campaign, and last but not least, apathetic residents of a community who are content with the way things are as long as it doesn't upset their world.

Before you start targeting any one person, i.e. Wally, look at the number of registered voters vs. those who actually voted in the last election. Apathy at it's finest. The facts are clear. Whether you like the job being done by our current Town Board or not, ask yourself what are YOU doing to influence their decisions. Do you attend the meetings? Have you spoken personally with any of them? Or, are you sitting at home on your computer, criticizing because you have become inconvenienced, such as your thread regarding the closing of the DMV?

There are many times I do not agree with a member of the current TB. I make a point to express my feelings to them, they hopefully listen, and we go on from there. Whether it has made a difference in their thinking, I don't know. However, it allows me the right to comment from an informed and involved point of view.

The same question you've posed here, could have been asked of the previous Supervisor. Many voters knew that he used the position for personal gain, yet continuously re-elected him. WHY? There are some in positions now, dwelling in the basement of town hall, who are using their position for personal gain. Many residents know about it, including members of the TB, but they are still there. WHY?
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What type of positions in the basement are you refering to?

See my thread in October. I was trying to figure out who he was and why he was running. I could not find any campaign information that explained what he stands for. And I still can't figure out what he stands for.

The basement is where the town engineer and building inspector reside.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    Experience has taught me that many get into politics to fuel their ego, and often use that position as a stepping stone to their ultimate goal.
    He sure has an ego, but what is his ultimate goal?
    The knock against Paul Clark was that he wasn't at Town Hall during the day, but he was at everything outside the office. He did the ribbon cuttings, graduations, meetings, etc. WP is at none of them. WP has said he "doesn't have to".
    He fires people without the approval of TB.
    He villifies people for personal gain.
    He is a slumlord to someone who sells drugs to kids.
    He is just a generally cruel, distasteful person.

Yes the action of the voters is discouraging. In the case of WP, like Pumpkinhead has said, nobody knew anything about him. Now that he is in, the real danger is they will keep voting him in out of knee jerk.

The basement is where the town engineer and building inspector reside.
    Just the inspector's.

The only problem I have with WP to date, is he has yet to understand he is no longer a judge and cannot conduct business as such. There seems to be an air of arrogance that is a bit off putting. He definitely doesn't like things brought before the TB by the citizens at open meetings. This is evidenced by his constant reminder that they are always available, and we don't have to air the dirty laundry at the meetings. He needs to realize that is what we are used to, and old habits are hard to break.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    Just the inspector's.

The only problem I have with WP to date, is he has yet to understand he is no longer a judge and cannot conduct business as such. There seems to be an air of arrogance that is a bit off putting. He definitely doesn't like things brought before the TB by the citizens at open meetings. This is evidenced by his constant reminder that they are always available, and we don't have to air the dirty laundry at the meetings. He needs to realize that is what we are used to, and old habits are hard to break.
    Oh, I forgot about lieing. I have heard that he will meet you in private, say one thing, and it later be shown to be a lier.
    I think the sins I distaste most in lawgivers, clergy, and anyone in a state of moral authority is arrogance, hypocracy, and lieing which goes together with hypocracy. I think WP is guilty of all three.

Quote Originally Posted by WS Bee, May 1, 2008
    How much money is the town putting up to run the Youth Bureau? How much does WNY Americor funding benefit WS?
    These are questions the Town Board hopes to answer once a review by WS comptroller and auditor is complete, according to WP who expects to have this information within several weeks.

...how much actually benefits WS on a dollar to dollar basis.

The Supervisor said he is aware Lazzara has had two free offers, but has suggested two locations under 20,000 dollars to keep Americorp in West Seneca.
    "I am trying my best to keep them in West Seneca," Piotrowski said.
    Speculation:
    1. Why would other towns offer Americorp free space if Americorp were such a bad deal financially?
    2. Why is the review taking so long, or indeed is it already done and the numbers are positive to Americorp, and hense "I am trying my best to keep them in West Seneca."
    3. The comptroller is a WP appointee. Fuff the numbers in what ever direction is best for Wallace Piotrowski.
    4. Does the BNAC building really lend itself to town office space anymore than the Kawanis building was a good fit for the DMV.
    5. If Americorp does not leave building, what is WP going to do about it, call out the National Guard?
    6. Why would WP offer space at 20,000 to Americorp, when they are paying town 75,000 for their space at Burchfield.
    7. Why doesn't the town rent the 20,000 space for their over crowded office workers and let Americorp continue to help pay for the park?

Sounds like a lot of posturing and hole digging going on.

Sounds like a lot of hole digging going on.
    I'd say you're an authority on that. Nobody's been shoveling it more than you in here.
    A remark should only hurt within it's proportion of what is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer
    I'd say you're an authority on that.
    Thanks for the compliment. Which speculations intrigue you the most. I like them all, but 6,7 are interesting. Why bother with building office space when they can rent it fairly inexpensively. Too bad Wally didn't do more to keep the DMV in town also.

with building office space when they can rent it fairly inexpensively. Too bad Wally didn't do more to keep the DMV in town also.
    Sometimes less is more.

Speculation:
    1. Why would other towns offer Americorp free space if Americorp were such a bad deal financially?
    2. Why is the review taking so long, or indeed is it already done and the numbers are positive to Americorp, and hense "I am trying my best to keep them in West Seneca."
    3. The comptroller is a WP appointee. Fuff the numbers in what ever direction is best for Wallace Piotrowski.
    4. Does the BNAC building really lend itself to town office space anymore than the Kawanis building was a good fit for the DMV.
    5. If Americorp does not leave building, what is WP going to do about it, call out the National Guard?
    6. Why would WP offer space at 20,000 to Americorp, when they are paying town 75,000 for their space at Burchfield.
    7. Why doesn't the town rent the 20,000 space for their over crowded office workers and let Americorp continue to help pay for the park?

Sounds like a lot of posturing and hole digging going on.
    Personally, I do not think that the BNAC is a good fit for any of the town offices #4.
    And why would WP say he was trying to keep Americorp if it were not a good deal for WS? #2

Quoting your own post without an interrupting post or reference ? That is desperate. Don't believe I've done that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer
    Quoting your own post without an interrupting post or reference ? That is desperate. Don't believe I've done that myself.
    I want you or someone to engage in the speculation/question of WP motivation. Perhaps tomorrow. I am going to bed.

I want you or someone to engage in the speculation/question of WP motivation. Perhaps tomorrow. I am going to bed.
    Why don't we start with "Americorp is a bad fit" at the Burchfield Bldg. Paul Clark should have never allowed it to begin with.

AmeriCorp - great program
    Burchfield - great program

NOT in the same building...not in the same parking lot.

Look at all the Americorp vehicles...takes up alot of spots that residents should be able to use.
    Why aren't the vehicles parked at the Metz House...AmeriCorp runs that building, correct?

Build a new building for AmeriCorp accross the street or somewhere else in town.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information