Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Town of Tonawanda Police Targeting Innocent Drivers

i am 33,lived in tonawanda entire life and have had two tickets(both deserved) and i've never had a problem with the police. i've even had a tonawanda and a kenmore cop let me go for talking on the cellphone

Police cruisers

Quote Originally Posted by My2cents
    No they are not. No car driven on NYS roads are exempt from NYS inspection.
    I meant the POLICE VEHICLES...as this was the case a few years back in Buffalo, when the COB police cruisers were in such bad shape, and many were not roadworthy, but were used to patrol anyway.
    This may have been changed, but I do not recall any laws requiring that they must go thru an annual inspection.
    Please correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by joe d.
    I meant the POLICE VEHICLES...as this was the case a few years back in Buffalo, when the COB police cruisers were in such bad shape, and many were not roadworthy, but were used to patrol anyway.
    This may have been changed, but I do not recall any laws requiring that they must go thru an annual inspection.
    Police vehicles in NYS must pass NYS inspection.
    PUGS !!!

Pretty crazy that someone dug upa 3 yr old thread....
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by joe d.
    There is no exemption for police vehicles, and most PD unions insist the inspections are up to date.
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

HW, beat me to it................
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Quote Originally Posted by JustRetired
    HW, beat me to it................
    I know some of the NYPD and BPD cars can't possibly pass...
    PUGS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harlem World
    I know some of the NYPD and BPD cars can't possibly pass...
    HA!! I've seen enough ofthem to KNOW you are right.
    HipKat's Blog

While we're on the subject...

Can we get rid of the City of buffalo DMV Ticket Department? It seems silly. I had the displeasure of having a friend who got a ticket in Buffalo (first person I ever heard of that happened to, usually I see people drive like maniacs around here with no recourse) who is from an Asian country and is unfamiliar with the court system. I told him I would go to court with him a day or two before his case and we could watch some cases and I could explain things.

I found the employees who worked there to be surly, rude, unhelpful, and downright insulting. He went for his first appearance and the police officer did not show up. His case was continued again. I looked up the relevant statute and found the officer gets two chances to show up in these Traffic Violations Bureaus, despite in town/village courts if they don't show up the ticket can get canned. I was also informed there are no plea bargains, traffic school reductions, etc. It would seem to me that this would be a violation of the equal protection guarantees, but also artificially worsen the traffic safety record of the city since almost all tickets result in convictions, thus guaranteeing us all higher insurance premiums.

Why not get rid of these state employees and hand the whole deal back to the city court? I would rather have my tax dollars spend on the cases heard by a real judge who has discretionary authority and not some bureaucrat from Albany who is there for revenue enhancement.

Quote Originally Posted by My2cents
    No they are not. No car driven on NYS roads are exempt from NYS inspection.
    You are very correct. Police vehicles are not exempt from annual NYS inspection . . . thank God!

The same thing happened to my husband, he was at a stop sign and as he was pulling away from the sign he was stopped by the police man saying he was going 40, no because he hadn't even reached the 30 mpr yet and this is in the same area going towards Delaware. When we tried to tell the prosecutor he didn't want to hear it, so I think that they are all in on it. Tonawanda has crooked cops!

Quote Originally Posted by Normarosa View Post
    The same thing happened to my husband, he was at a stop sign and as he was pulling away from the sign he was stopped by the police man saying he was going 40, no because he hadn't even reached the 30 mpr yet and this is in the same area going towards Delaware. When we tried to tell the prosecutor he didn't want to hear it, so I think that they are all in on it. Tonawanda has crooked cops!
    Amen sister:
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Normarosa View Post
    Look just because the prosecutor is "Politically" sponsored and so is the justices - doesn't mean the local inter related party members who are Cops are all crooked ? - Does it ?

Just keep re-electing the same people and the same patronage families and sooner or later things will get better. This is what the "Voters" want - so this is what you get.

If you don't like what's happening in NT - don't go down the 219 - as you pass rice road your in speeding ticket twilight zone. They have quite a racket down there - some time you stand in line for an hour just to meet with the persecutor - he then lets your tell your story - then he says "I am the prosecutor - I don't think the judge is going to believe you but - we can drop it down to - and it will cost you - plus the states cut - so be grateful and write the check"

So I have been told - not that Ive ever had a speeding ticket ! OH snucks - here we go - I'll let you know when I get one !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information