Thread: Its That Time Again..Will Frank Max Jr. Enforce the Sanitation Regulations this year

Its That Time Again..Will Frank Max Jr. Enforce the Sanitation Regulations this year

Sanitation Requirements
    All garbage must now be placed in plastic or metal garbage containers. Cans not to exceed 40lbs in weight. (NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGED CANS) Rules of the Road Yard Waste (Grass, Twigs, etc.) should be placed in open top containers or biodegradable paper bags. Yard Waste in Plastic Bags will not be accepted. Refer to Yard Waste Heading for major collection changes. Hard plastic or metal open-top containers only. Remove all nails, glass or other sharp objects from refuse prior to bundling for collection. Containers should not exceed 40 pounds in weight when full. The town's policy is to leave all open-top containers at the curb after collection. Appliances will be picked up whole except for refrigerators and air conditioners which must have the refrigerant (Freon) and doors removed. 24 hours advance notice prior to pick up by calling 686-3426. Pickup will be during the third full week of the month. All furniture - T.V.'s, mattresses and box springs will be picked up weekly as part of regular collection. NO concrete, stones, bricks or other masonry materials will be collected. Remove all nails, glass or other sharp objects from non-recyclable refuse prior to bundling for collection. Place your garbage at the curb prior to 6:00 a.m. on collection day, but not before 6:00 p.m. on the evening before collection. If your garbage or trash is out prior to 6:00 pm the day before your scheduled pickup you are in violation of town ordinances and subject to a fine. If your garbage isn't collected as scheduled, please call sanitation at 686-3426.

Sanitation Requirements / Sanitation Policy - All garbage must now be placed in plastic or metal garbage containers (you can use plastic bags inside of cans) . (NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGED CANS)

Metal (Copper, steel, cast iron, appliances, sinks, etc.) Do give Sanitation Department 24 hours advance notice prior to metal collection day by calling 686-3426 & 686-3427 to request metal pickup. Include hot water tanks, washers/dryers, refrigerators (without doors), stoves, bikes (without tires), metal doors, lawn mowers, sheds, grills, cast iron tubes/sinks, metal desks, metal garage door tracks, galvanized pipe (no longer than four feet). Don't dispose of pieces longer than four feet

Yard Waste - Grass & Leaves (Scheduled garbage day)Collected between first full week of April through the last week of October Do place in "hard" open top containers. Rake all yard waste to curb after November 1st for collection by Highway Department. Place contaminated winter accumulations of yard waste in with regular garbage. Don't containers not to exceed 40 lbs. Place in containers after November 1st

Trees Branches & Shrubs Do cut and bundle - Bundles not to exceed four feet long not to exceed 40lbs in weight. Call 686-3426 to be put on collection list. Don't put out bundles exceeding 40 lbs. in weight. No stumps will be collected

Furniture - Regularly scheduled Garbage Collection Day Do sofa Beds - Metal frame "Must Be" removed. Please call 686-3426 & 686-3427 to request metal pickup. Don't dispose of pieces longer than four feet - anything larger must be cut up

Household Hazardous Waste Do contact Erie County Hazardous Waste at 858-6800 for proper disposal of oil-based paint, car batteries, household cleaners, solvents, pesticides, oil, antifreeze, tires. Remove lids from used paint cans & dispose with regular garbage only when completely empty & dry
    Construction Debris & Non-recyclable Rubbish Do bundle or place in open top container. Don't put out bundles or containers exceeding 40 pounds in weight, 4 inches in diameter or 48 inches in length

Taken from the Town of Cheektowaga Webpage: RE-worked to fit.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Not being sarcastic - but dont' they always?
    If you don't tie up your branches, they wont' take it.
    If your garbage is too heavy, they won't take it.
    It's to their advantage to enforce - it's less work.

Ah

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarThePirate
    Not being sarcastic - but dont' they always?
    If you don't tie up your branches, they wont' take it.
    If your garbage is too heavy, they won't take it.
    It's to their advantage to enforce - it's less work.

No, I have neighbors who continue to throw out trash bags, and by Thursday morning the bags are all over the street thanks to Mr. Seagull...Many on my street don't use cans at all because many work for the town or knows others who do.

I for one, always make the garbage man's ( Ooops Sanitation Technician) job a bit easier for them by going the extra step or two but many on my street don't care one bit......
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Recycling guidelines

Does anyone have the recycling guidelines for cheektowaga? I couldn't find them anywhere on the Town website. I heard pizza boxes are not recyclable, but most are corrogated cardboard so I wonder if they are now able to be recycled?

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37
    No, I have neighbors who continue to throw out trash bags, and by Thursday morning the bags are all over the street thanks to Mr. Seagull...Many on my street don't use cans at all because many work for the town or knows others who do.

I for one, always make the garbage man's ( Ooops Sanitation Technician) job a bit easier for them by going the extra step or two but many on my street don't care one bit......
    Of course you mean Jonathan Livingston Seagull..

Ah

Quote Originally Posted by bornandraised
    Does anyone have the recycling guidelines for cheektowaga? I couldn't find them anywhere on the Town website. I heard pizza boxes are not recyclable, but most are corrugated cardboard so I wonder if they are now able to be recycled?
    No pizza boxes are placed in you regular garbage. Those that are recyclable are as follows:

All brown corrugated cardboard. Brown paper bags. Box board (shoes boxes, gift boxes, cereal boxes. Brake down all boxes to 3 feet x 3 feet sections. Small pieces in brown bags.

Not Recyclable: Waxed corrugated, cardboard lined with foam, pizza boxes, and fridge/freezer boxboard, and pop/beer boxboard...these items are made with oil by-products.
    Riven37
    _________

Thread Information