Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Dion Watkins Residency and The IDIOTS COMPLAINING!!!!

Florida has the same political croonies as Lackawanna. It is PEOPLE who make corruption and wherever there are people, there will be opportunists.....in this Florida county school board members get paid $40,000. a year. Just imagine the pool of candidates if Lackawanna paid that...LOL!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by had enough yet View Post
    riddle me this. why would watkins have a fund raiser on franklin street in buffalo? lives in hamburg raises most of his money from buffalo. who will be running lackawannna...

geoff owns in bethlehem ppark and says he lives on modern in his parents house. maybe he doesnt think he can win th efirst ward as councilman.

what a screwed up election......
    I find that funny seeing how people from all over go to other candidates fundraisers - do all of the other candidates accept $ from people outside of Lackawanna? I am quite sure that they do...If so, who runs Lackawanna? Personally, it is a breath of FRESH air to get OUT of Lackawanna!

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    I find that funny seeing how people from all over go to other candidates fundraisers - do all of the other candidates accept $ from people outside of Lackawanna? I am quite sure that they do...If so, who runs Lackawanna? Personally, it is a breath of FRESH air to get OUT of Lackawanna!
    we ddefinately need some ideas to make their way into lackawanna. i just thought it seemd a little out of the ordinary that watkins would actually have a fundraiser in buffalo rather than at one of the lackawanna places. this election is anything other than ordinary though. to me that is different than going to other candidates fund raisers. as far as getting OUT of lackawanna and getting a breath of frresh air, i couldn't agree more. nobody runs lackawanna, it just takes on a life all its own.

Post You are right......

Quote Originally Posted by had enough yet View Post
    we ddefinately need some ideas to make their way into lackawanna. i just thought it seemd a little out of the ordinary that watkins would actually have a fundraiser in buffalo rather than at one of the lackawanna places. this election is anything other than ordinary though. to me that is different than going to other candidates fund raisers. as far as getting OUT of lackawanna and getting a breath of frresh air, i couldn't agree more. nobody runs lackawanna, it just takes on a life all its own.

Yes, it seems as if " nobody " runs Lackawanna because we are not maintained and sustained through the proper channels.........BUT, there is "somebody" who is behind the scenes running Lackawanna. The Somebody(s) may live in Lackawanna, and the homebody's) may not. I was told 20 years ago when I started protesting against Lackawanna turning into the garbage capital of the northeast that, "you don't know who controls Lackawanna....there could be someone in Italy pulling the strings of the politicians for all we know".
    That statement has always bothered me......CONTROL what, a broken down ole' steel-town?!? I realized then that it is about the money and power to control the people to do "somebody(s)" bidding to prosper them.......NOT the City of Lackawanna.
    Unfortunately, we have elected people who may have started out for the good of the City but caved under the pressures put on them by "somebody" to spend money meant to resolve the issues of Citizens and maintenance of the neighborhoods on their contract or their "Study".

It has become a pyramid of look the other way and you better shut-up about this or "somebody" will go after you or your family member in some wicked way.

The somebody(s) use Lackawanna and the weak up-front politicians to do their bidding.........while they ALL laugh all the way to the bank and Happy Hour!
    Lackawanna has no life of its own............thank goodness we have some theatrics in the school, but we have no cultural programs--arts--historical buildings/displays (OLV exception, and they did that-not LA)--landscaping/flowers/beautification programs-----------NO LIFE AT ALL!
    Oh, we have drug busts, dilapidated properties, a school system ranking so low it is an embarrassment to repeat it, high percentage of drop outs and teenage pregnancies, etc.; Oh yes these are some of the things that take on a life of its own! Remember the stink last year when they were going to cut the DARE Program out of the budget and the people and Officer Z. had to stage a protest to fight it back? They still cut his budget from $6000/yr to I believe $4000(Polanski even went on TV saying how much Officer Z. makes a yr).---and then there was the Crossing Guards they were ALL against them and cut out of the Budget too, till the people fought them back in!

Now I know every community has these issues and they will plague society till the end of time, but Lackawanna officials do not seek or have active campaigns to roll along side the community in the way of education, a Development Office that works with Seniors and others to help paint their home, etc. ie. "Brush-Up Buffalo for low income folks to rehab property, Community Policing, or even a Community Center where simple cooking classes and a basketball game can be played indoors in the evening or on weekend. No Public Pool/Sprinkler for the kids like at CAZ, NOTHING for OUR kids to do except get in trouble for the heck of it! Go spend some time observing a day in the LA Court on the 2nd fl of City Hall......see the kids and Seniors for code stuff before the Judges. We are reactive NOT proactive and it is "Somebodies" fault!

Apparently according to Geoff Szymanski's latest article in the Front Page all of what you mentioned will be taken care of. Unfortunately he already has had 6 years to to do it and has done nothing go figure....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information