Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Richard Tobe asked to resign

Richard Tobe asked to resign

Maybe Richard knows where the rumors of Brown's demise started....

http://www.buffalonews.com/101/story/376659.html

Quote Originally Posted by PaulJonson
    Maybe Richard knows where the rumors of Brown's demise started....

http://www.buffalonews.com/101/story/376659.html
    After reading that article and the obvious Hoyt/Brown faction in the Democratic Committee, I wouldnt be surprised to see more people removed by Brown. Gotta kiss the ring to keep the job, right?

In a year where Democrats should "steamroll" the competition across the State, I wonder if Erie County's Democratic infighting will affect their successfulness this fall. Aside from incumbents, I haven't seen or heard any real contenders from the Democratic side. And none of the Dem candidates in the Rath Senate seat seem destined to win, same with the Reynolds Congressional seat. Unlike the Presidential Primary, these types of primaries (in September) will undoubtedly hurt the "winners" candidacy in November.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    In general what does the community think of Mr. Tobe?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    In general what does the community think of Mr. Tobe?
    Tobe was/is largely respected as he took a disorganized department & because he had NO political connections with anyone in the department plus is a no-nonsense type guy , he vastly improved the department.....Very intelligent , he came into the department with a skewed attitude from what I'm told , that it was a hack department , but he soon learned what the department's function was all about , that there is no answers in "black & white" , that everything is a grey area..............But soon respected the staff & realized manpower/womanpower/clerical is the answer to part of this city's economic developement......Casey is the "tryant" type , "my way or the highway" guy , who is little more then a political hack , can't shine Tobe's shoes.............Many feel Tobe's resignation will be the cities & department's loss , that he was/is a very good assest for the City of Buffalo...........Some friend's of mine said they did not like him when he was with the county but learned to respect him then & eventually like him , the same story seems to have happened with the city..............Typical administration BS , like "that's Manny being Manny" , well this is "Brown being Brown" , only thing missing is the dreadlocks & Manny is MUCH smarter !
    Nothing gold can stay...............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

And now let's hear from the citizen perspective

Mr. Tobe is an attorney who places the threat of a possible lawsuit from an errant home or business owner over the need of code enforcement and neighborhood stability.

Quote Originally Posted by MERL J
    Mr. Tobe is an attorney who places the threat of a possible lawsuit from an errant home or business owner over the need of code enforcement and neighborhood stability.
    huh ?????

www.onlinebuffalo.com

And now let's hear from the citizen perspective

Mr. Tobe is an attorney who places the threat of a possible lawsuit from an errant home or business owner over the need of code enforcement and neighborhood stability.<---------------also "citizen's perspective" ? When you have "insider" info , or are privy to "insider info" , your perspective is PURE speculation merl , sorry to disagree with you as I can't imagine you really putting the administartion above Tobe ?

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Quote Originally Posted by winfield31
    huh ?????
    Let's not get into semantics. You know where I stand in the community, I know where you stand "in the community." When you are fighting the good fight for neighborhoods as I have for the past decade, and have gone up against the brick walls as I have, then you can say "huh?".

Rich Tobe is one of the true professionals at City Hall. I am so disappointed with Byron and all the antics allowed by him. I know for a fact he appointed a Judge that was forced to leave the DA's office due to fraudulent information passed. Also, he has a disbarred lawyer on the Standards Comission, who also is Chair of the Civil Rights comission. What does that tell you of the of the integrity in City Hall.

Could it have nothing to do with Tobe? Could they just be accommodating the next guy and Tobe is part of the fall out?
    Also could the Mayor be heading off a possible scandal? Take a ride down to Chicago and Ohio streets and check out the building on the East side of the street with the fence around it. Why wasn't Tobe as quick to do something about demolishing that property as he was about demolishing Mcbrides down on the next block?
    Jim Comerford will probably do as well as Tobe, if not better.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Unregistered

Who's doing what?

Having known Rich Tobe as one of the smartest & most ethical local public officials in my rough ride in Bflo, his forced departure, as so many others were less competent & less ethical, is painful to watch.

In the context of Tobe's departure, what is Byron's new "poverty & blight czar" (Deputy Mayor) Donna Brown doing now?

And his new BMHA Executive Director Dawn Sanders?

It is way past time for a "vision statement" by city officials such as Donna Brown & Dawn Sanders to lay out how Bflo is to combat its shameful status as 2nd poorest & 2nd "most vacant" US city . . as heavily-subsidized new housing is going up everywhere.

Here is the update of Tobe's ouster, with Byron's B's comments

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/376659.html

Tobe forced out of key economic development post in City HallBy Brian Meyer - News Staff Reporter, Updated: 06/23/08 12:02 PM

. . . . . .

What led to his forced ouster?

"I think you're going to have to ask the mayor. He asked me to resign," Tobe replied.

Brown became defensive when pressed by reporters to explain Tobe's ouster. He repeatedly said Tobe did "good work," refusing to criticize any aspects of his performance. But the mayor added he wants to see "better results."

"It's not anything that he did that was wrong. It's that I want to see more things done," the mayor said.

He said he wants more aggressive efforts to land economic development deals, create new jobs and meet demolition targets. Buffalo is "coming back," Brown insisted, but he said he wants to see faster progress. . . . .

bmeyer@buffnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by Byron A-hole
    "It's not anything that he did that was wrong. It's that I want to see more things done," the mayor said.

He said he wants more aggressive efforts to land economic development deals, create new jobs and meet demolition targets. Buffalo is "coming back," Brown insisted, but he said he wants to see faster progress. . . . .

I thought Erkel had billions of $$$$ in projects going on, how much more progress do you need?

Then we have the Erkel apologist........

Quote Originally Posted by MerlJ
    Let's not get into semantics. You know where I stand in the community, I know where you stand "in the community." When you are fighting the good fight for neighborhoods as I have for the past decade, and have gone up against the brick walls as I have, then you can say "huh?".
    Quote Originally Posted by MerlJ

Quote Originally Posted by lost faith
    What does that tell you of the of the integrity in City Hall.
    They believe in giving a guy a break. If they see something in you that they perceive as a skill or talent.
    Why just today they took a public works laborer, a bottom level guy in an appointed position, and made him a deputy in the Buffalo Sewer Authority.
    And I'll bet him being Crystal Peoples' brother had nothing to do with it.
    I don't think it was mentioned in the press because the Tobe thing trumped it. But I am sure they would have mentioned it otherwise.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Quote Originally Posted by citymouse
    They believe in giving a guy a break. If they see something in you that they perceive as a skill or talent.
    You've gotta work on your sarcasm! When I read it the first time, I actually believed you were being truthful about talent and skills, I mean, whew!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CSense
    You've gotta work on your sarcasm! When I read it the first time, I actually believed you were being truthful about talent and skills, I mean, whew!!!
    You mean being related to somebody with political clout isn't a talent???
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information