Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Land Banking

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles
    Please point out where I said that, because I never did.
    I apologize if I misunderstood you. Then, you're OK with me building my new home on Goodyear?

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    I apologize if I misunderstood you. Then, you're OK with me building my new home on Goodyear?
    No. It's not okay, and you're an idiot if you do.

Sorry, but the truth hurts.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

I don't care where you build your house. I know you like playing devil's advocate but you're really not on topic and taking 20 posts to eventually make a point is honestly a bit annoying. Although I'm sure that's your intent anyway.

Land Banking is not about telling you where you can't build. The purpose is to identify areas that are long past being marketable and are already largely abandoned. If people were somehow thinking about new builds there, then it would not be a candidate for land banking in the first place. If someone waited until a site was land-banked before decided they wanted to build a house there then frankly they're not too bright.

Build anywhere you want to without asking for subsidies/tax credits.
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles
    I don't care where you build your house. I know you like playing devil's advocate but you're really not on topic and taking 20 posts to eventually make a point is honestly a bit annoying. Although I'm sure that's your intent anyway.

Land Banking is not about telling you where you can't build. The purpose is to identify areas that are long past being marketable and are already largely abandoned. If people were somehow thinking about new builds there, then it would not be a candidate for land banking in the first place. If someone waited until a site was land-banked before decided they wanted to build a house there then frankly they're not too bright.
    Well said, Miles.
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

300 / Michelle:

Despite the overall feeling that I'm just trying to be annoying here, that's actually not the case.

Sometimes I actually phrase my posts a certain way intentionally. So, two days ago, I said :

Do you mean that you're against government-subsidized new-builds, or all new-builds?
    The responses were:

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard
    ALL new builds for now. Right now we are abandoning one house to fill another. Building entire streets could empty other entire streets
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle
    I am also against all newbuilds..right now is not the time..Bring businesses into Buffalo,get rid of the vacant houses and then we build.
    But, now, two days later, the responses are completely different:
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle
    Build anywhere you want to without asking for subsidies/tax credits.

Despite the overall feeling that I'm just trying to be annoying here, that's actually not the case.
    I think we're bright enough to realize that. But you fail to understand that individual answers should be associated only to the person that wrote it, not collectively merged into one group answer. And even then, I don't see any of my answers mentioned there.

Newbuilds are notoriously known for being heavily subsidized..We need to spend the money to demolish not to subsidize newbuilds but if anyone wants to pay out of their pocket to build a house in the city without tax credits & subsidies I say go for it.If you pick a street that is almost empty..full of vacant house/lots than you should buy up the whole street and start a new community.
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information