Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruth Breidenstein's Penny Save Ad

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    On one hand, we have Wally on tape admitting he offered Meegan a bribe, and on the other we have a claim from a career politician that another politician asked for a favor...You seem to be fine with one, while pretending the other is side stepping the law. Strange, right?
    What part of "If you do the crime, you do the time" escapes you, Copernicus? If her accusation is true (a big if considering ruth's career was cut short when her job was axed, and that's she a long time politico), then Meegan was wrong.
    Unlike you, I'm capable of thinking for myself.
    You say bribe, I say making a deal. There is a fine line there for sure, but if every public official was thrown out of office for doing what Piotrowski did, we wouldn't have any left. This example is getting tired. Other than constantly calling him the Lorigo puppet, what else do you have on the guy? Nothing versus the multitude of shady dealings from the other two.

As far as her career getting cut short, uhh, she was retiring anyway. And her job was not axed, her department was combined with the town clerk's office. And Copernicus was the guy that first asserted the earth revolved around the sun, I think you were going for Nostradamus or Einstein. Those would have been more logical comparisons.

As far as this tape, do you have a link to it? I would like to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendKiller View Post
    You say bribe, I say making a deal. There is a fine line there for sure, but if every public official was thrown out of office for doing what Piotrowski did, we wouldn't have any left. This example is getting tired. Other than constantly calling him the Lorigo puppet, what else do you have on the guy? Nothing versus the multitude of shady dealings from the other two.

As far as her career getting cut short, uhh, she was retiring anyway. And her job was not axed, her department was combined with the town clerk's office. And Copernicus was the guy that first asserted the earth revolved around the sun, I think you were going for Nostradamus or Einstein. Those would have been more logical comparisons.

First you are correct that deals are made everyday, however what distinguishes what Piotrowski's offer to Meegan in this case was that Meegan was precluded from voting on her husband's promotion. That provides the beneficial element of the bribe allegation. Had it been anyone elses appointment where she was not so precluded from voting on you would be correct.

The recording is available at: http://www.buffalonews.com/city/comm...icle335995.ece

On the left hand side of the article.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by truth seeker View Post
    Do you really want Ruth to tell the whole story? Are you up to having her drag someone's name through the mud and be exposed , so that you will believe her claim? I don't think she should. I know Ruth and she has integrity and is honest. Her job was cut by no fault of hers. Are you blaming her for the consolidation too?
    She started it I believe she should finish it.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    She started it I believe she should finish it.
    I agree. There is still one Penny Saver to go til the election, maybe she will.

If Sheila was on tape admitting to asking the Tax Receiver to forgive someone's tax penalties, would you have brought a suit to remove her as well?

If Sheila was on tape admitting to asking the Tax Receiver to forgive someone's tax penalties, would you have brought a suit to remove her as well?
    If she was offering money or anything of value to the tax receiver in exchange for the tax receiver to forgive someone's tax penalties, yes. It also would have been the duty of the tax receiver to report such an offer to the appropriate authorities at, or near, the time that such an offer was made.

You see, TLK, the reason people think you are a Wally puppet is because you pretend to be all concerned about friends of Sheila getting jobs with the town but then you looked at a situation where Wally offered her husband a promotion that he didn't deserve in order to score a job for his family friend and you called it a "win-win."

Now you are up in arms about Sheila supposedly requesting a favor from Ruth. Here's why you have a credibility problem. When Wally's illegal deal was turned down by Sheila, you said, "see, no harm no foul." Wouldn't that same no harm no foul reasoning apply here? Surely, you're not saying that Ruth actually did forgive the tax debt, right? So according to your logic, Sheila should get a pass too, right?

(By the way, I don't agree with using the no harm no foul logic with either of these issues, but I do believe in waiting to hear Sheila's side of the story)

Are you serious? Ruth, alongside Pat Depasquale, is one of the most honorable and respected public officials we have had in West Seneca in recent memory. To dismiss her claim as she said she said is pretty low. If this was against Wally you all would be jumping all over it. But because it is Queen Meegan, we can just dismiss it. Nice.
    If i understand this correctly, you're saying that anything these two have to say about this race should be accepted without question, right?

Quote Originally Posted by notsg View Post
    If i understand this correctly, you're saying that anything these two have to say about this race should be accepted without question, right?
    My concern is not that Sheila is hiring her friends. (Does your handle mean Not Sandy Geist btw?) My concerns are that unqualified people are getting town jobs and politicians are advancing their own interests over what is best for the town. As far as the infamous “Wally-Deal” I stand by what I said. First off, the only reason I said anything was that everyone on here was acting like Harrington killed. In the general election, Harrington received 8709 votes and Lorigo received 8604. Since Harrington was Prosecutor, you make him judge and give Lorigo the Prosecutor gig, with a difference of a hundred votes between the two, I say it’s a win-win. If Joe’s last name was anything but Lorigo, none of you would have had anything to say about it. The sins of the father and all that right?

As far as Sheila “requesting a favor” from Ruth, no no, she asked Ruth to violate federal and state tax laws. Big difference and bigger deal than you would like to make it. Who’s the puppet now? At best, Meegan doing this was incredibly stupid and ignorant. At worst, incredibly corrupt and criminal. Either way, this is a huge character flaw that voters have the right to consider when going to the polls next week.

As far as the no harm no foul, you either have a huge context issue or are purposely misinterpreting my words. In the context of a legal proceeding to remove the supervisor from office, which is a lot bigger deal than anyone on here seems to appreciate, the deal was not actually made, so there is nothing to remove him for. Now, making a deal when there is a disagreement over hires , which is done all the time, versus violating tax law, apples and oranges sorry.

With regard to Ruth and Pat, to answer your question, yes. These are two of the good guys. They don’t pull political bs or lie, and when they step out in public to say something, you can take it as gospel. And I absolutely stand by that.

she asked Ruth to violate federal and state tax laws.
    If this is true where is the report to the appropriate authorities? If there is no report why isn't there one? Why come out publicly now with this (it had to have occured before 12/31/2010))? Why no details of this other than the conclusory statement in a paid advertisement?

Quote Originally Posted by truth seeker View Post
    Do you really want Ruth to tell the whole story? Are you up to having her drag someone's name through the mud and be exposed , so that you will believe her claim? I don't think she should. I know Ruth and she has integrity and is honest. Her job was cut by no fault of hers. Are you blaming her for the consolidation too?
    Yes, I really want the whole story. She opened the can of worms. The reason we don't have the whole story is most likely due to the fact it isn't as salacious as she tried to make it appear.
    She has integrity and is honest? She preyed on old people and got sued for it. Perhaps you're unaware of her reputation in that regard? They didn't call her "Ruthless" for nuttin'.
    Perhaps your reading comprehension needs a little work (I'm guilty at times too), but I never suggested her job was cut due to it being her fault.

If Joe’s last name was anything but Lorigo, none of you would have had anything to say about it. The sins of the father and all that right?
    If it were a name other than Lorigo he wouldn't have run with such a slim resume. Nor would he have had 10's of thousands of daddy's and daddy's friends dollars, as well as daddy's influence behind the scenes.

When you and the other clueless twit get your talking points, let me know what you have to say about Ruth's rep for scamming oldies...

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    If this is true where is the report to the appropriate authorities? If there is no report why isn't there one? Why come out publicly now with this (it had to have occured before 12/31/2010))? Why no details of this other than the conclusory statement in a paid advertisement?
    Couldn't Ruth be sued for Slander?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Couldn't Ruth be sued for Slander?
    A politician can basically be slandered (burden of proof is astronomical). Basically any public figure.

Besides, I'm going to assume the story is true and that the actual context behind it makes the accusation seem ridiculous on it's face, and that's why we'll never get the true story.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Yes, I really want the whole story. She opened the can of worms. The reason we don't have the whole story is most likely due to the fact it isn't as salacious as she tried to make it appear.
    She has integrity and is honest? She preyed on old people and got sued for it. Perhaps you're unaware of her reputation in that regard? They didn't call her "Ruthless" for nuttin'.
    Perhaps your reading comprehension needs a little work (I'm guilty at times too), but I never suggested her job was cut due to it being her fault.
    How in the world did Ruth prey on old people? If this is true, then I would like the facts in the matter.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information