Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pluta & Eagan Trying To Control Everything

Pluta & Eagan Trying To Control Everything

Councilman Pluta noted that voucher #109 on the abstract has an overage of $.17. He asked Supervisor Eagan if there was a purchase request for voucher #107.

Supervisor Eagan stated that there was not a purchase order request submitted for voucher #107. He stated that Highway Superintendent Telaak came into his office the day before he rented this equipment stating that we needed to buy a bucket truck. Supervisor Eagan stated that he could not justify spending thousands of dollars on a used bucket truck for one or two days a year. He asked Highway Superintendent Telaak how much it would cost to rent a bucket truck until they could determine reasons to purchase one. He then directed Highway Superintendent Telaak to look into the cost of renting and get back to him. In the meantime, Supervisor Eagan spoke with the Hamburg and Concord Highway Superintendents that same day. Both offered their bucket trucks and asked to have Highway Superintendent Telaak call them. He noted that he does not know why Highway Superintendent Telaak did not call them. He stated that he feels the expense of over $500 was uncalled for and it violated the purchase policy.
    Councilman Pluta reiterated that there should have been a purchase request submitted for this purchase.

Supervisor Eagan stated that Highway Superintendent Telaak did not have authorization to rent the bucket truck.

A motion was made by Councilman Pluta and seconded by Supervisor Eagan, upon review by the Town Board, that fund bills on the Abstract dated January 31, 2008 in the amount of $132,138.92 be paid which excludes voucher #107 in the amount of $564.50 and voucher #109 in the amount of $.17.

I though Telaak was an elected official with his own budget? Why does Eagan and Pluta have to stick there big noses in everything? I assume the bucket truck was used to hang the half lit christmas lights. Watch out Telaak there out to get you becasue you placed you picture with the Republicans. So who is going to pay for voucher 109 and 107??? Same old crap different Board Member.

LESS THAT TWO YEARS OF EAGANISM

CODE BOOK REVISION DISCUSSION
    Mrs. Hacker said that Supervisor Eagan would like this done by the March 19, 2008 Town Board meeting.
    Secretary Faulring: Are we still supposed to send all revisions to Sherrie Pluta?
    Mr. Downey: Send them directly to Supervisor Eagan.

interesting..

IKNOW,
    You pretend to know what you're talking about when you really don't know whats going on. I was elected to represent us and watch for wastefull spending.
    The town of Boston has a procurment policy in place that affects all departments. This was passed after the Town Highway went through a rough time a few years ago. We only need to look at whats going on in Marrilla today, to understand that we all need to be on gaurd for allleged abuses in our Towns. This policy WAS not intended to hinder goverment or punish anyone, but was passed to protect everyone.
    Mr. Telaak does have a highway budget but still needs to approval on certain items and amounts as outlined in the policy. But I would like to remined everyone that Mr. Telaak wears two hats, one as Highway supervisor and the other as Parks Supervisor. There lies the problem with the bucket truck rental, Mr. Telaak acted as the Parks Supervisor( and remember these are his own words) and in this capacity he needed prior approval for the rental.Deosn't anyone else find it funny that Mr. Telaak was able to get a truck from Town of Concord to put them up, but had problems getting them down? Mr. Telaak also stated that the Town of Hamburg came trough too late, does anyone know when they were called? Also everyone should know that he called the parks workers the week before to arrange for them to come in. Why did he ask the Supervisor the day before taking them down what to do about a truck?
    As to bill #109 that was paid minus the .17 cents.Please read the minutes better.

As to why Mr. Downey told the Planning Board to send the changes to Supervisor Eagan, I don't know. My wife is still rewritting the code book.

If you don't think that I should be looking out for the tax payers dollar, then you must have more money to burn than I do.

Jim Pluta
    A REPUBLICAN after the TRUTH
    Last edited by james pluta; March 19th, 2008 at 03:58 PM.

I read the minutes actually I read right throught the minutes and I see exactly what you and Eagan are trying to do. You and "Little Hilter" are out to get him and make him look bad, its classic Eaganism. Lets take a look at what you have done over at Patchin Fire Company during your reign.

Community Days:
    2005-
    Gross Income $9,324
    Expenses $4,302
    Net Income $5,022

2006-
    Gross Income $13,378
    Expenses $6,289
    Net Income $7,089

2007-
    Gross Income $13,068
    Expenses $6,388
    Net Income $6,680

Debtload:

New York State Low Interest Loan Truck 6
    Begin 2005 $108,820 Year End $94,402
    Evans National Bank Truck 6
    Begin 2005 $132,525 Year End $115,959
    Evans National Bank Truck 7
    Begin 2005 $19,900 Year End $16,282
    Mortgage for Hall
    Begin 2005 $139,882 Year End $125,257

Totals:
    Begin year 2005 Debt load $401,127 End $351,900

Begin 2005 $94,402 Year End $79,623
    Begin 2005 $115,959 Year End $91,111
    Begin 2005 $16,282 Year End $12,491
    Mortgage for Hall
    Begin 2005 $125,257 Year End $109,945

Totals:
    Begin year 2006 Debt load $351,900 End $293,170

Begin 2005 $79,623 Year End $64,475
    Begin 2005 $91,111 Year End $82,828
    Begin 2005 $12,491 Year End $8,520
    Mortgage for Hall
    Begin 2007 $109,945 Year End $93,913

Totals:
    Begin year 2007 Debt load $293,170 End $249,736

Building Mortgage 15 year Mortgage
    Borrowed $215,000 5-1-1997 int rate 4.810

Now Jim whats the cost of the two new trucks you ordered?? Looks like alot more debt to me.. So I am very concerned why you are so worried about 17 cents.. I am concerned my taxes went up for fire protection and now fire protection is as much as the Highway Budget. Does that make sense??

Have you talked to Telaak yourself or is all your info from Eagan?

Procurement Procedure ya Right!!

Procurement Procedure ya right..

Eagan hands our contracts all the time with only one cost to his buddies most recently to an engineering firm for waterline design. There is no finacing in place, whos gonna foot the bill? The tax payers...

IKNOW,
    I don't know of any fire company that doesn't carry a debt. No fire company could pay for apperatus or a building with cash.

The fire companies budgets are actually lower than the highway budget. You don't see the extra funds that the highway gets for additional services.

Your numbers from community days are incorrect and all of the fire companies in Town hold fund raisers.

Why is it that you only list Patchin, what about the other fire companies debts?

My information is from Mr. Telaak himself, of course thats only when he decides to show up for meeetings.

I wish that everyone on this site would only be fair and honest. Everyone continues to single out the Patchin Fire Company when in fact all of the Fire Companies in Town operate in pretty much the same manner. We all have the same needs for buildings, the same need for updated equipment, and the same personel needs. Boston and North Boston are building new buildings. Boston and North Boston just recently purchased new trucks.

As for the Telaak situation I have grown tired of it and we all need to move on.

Jim Pluta
    Last edited by james pluta; March 20th, 2008 at 07:51 AM.

Iknow,
    I would like to qualify my last post. I'm not sure where you got the Community Days numbers from ,but they maybe correct. But in the larger picture you don't tell everyone how hard we have to work for that. We spend all year preparing for the event we hold monthly committee meetings and towards the beginning of the event bi-monthly meetings. It takes us three days to set up, one day to tear down. The fireman work three days at the event. In all told we put about 500 man hours into the event. The fire company does this event to showcase the community, the money is secondary.

Jim Pluta

I single out Patchin as an example. I believe the debt is outragous. The trucks, the halls, its all outragous. Its time to get some real business leaders in the Town of Boston Government to clean house and to stop the special interest group spending. ie. engineering firms, fire companies, recreation, Police Barrack spending etc...

Answer the question: How much are the two new trucks? How much more in debt will the Patchin Fire Company be in?

I only look at the tax bill.. Fire Proptection is as much as Highway Budget. I am not sure how much more Highway gets behind the scenes but I am sure the public would like to know, can you answer that for us? Or are you tired of it?

HERES A CONCEPT REDUCE TAXES NOT INCREASE THEM FOR THE SAME OLD SERVICES.

IKNOW,
    Why aren't you outraged that the Highway Department has over $500,000 in surplus money? This was announced at last nights Board meeting by Mr. Telaak. After all isn't this your money?

I would be more than happy to answer your other questions, as soon as you ask all of the other services in Town the same questions. Why don't you use one of them as your examples?

Jim Pluta
    A REPUBLICAN after the THRUTH

typical politician AVOIDING THE QUESTION!!

it will come out sooner or later, it will be public info soon.

surplus seems like a good thing to me. Means he didnt spend spend spend till its all gone and then ask for more, oh thats right the Fire Company doesnt have to ask anymore, they have you and Hawkins on the board sliding through increases. Makes me sick... who cares about the poor retired on fixed incomes..

Quote Originally Posted by james pluta
    IKNOW,
    Why aren't you outraged that the Highway Department has over $500,000 in surplus money?

Jim Pluta
    A REPUBLICAN after the THRUTH
    Dear Jim,

Is this surplus money, or an unexpended balance from the 2007 budget that Mr. Telaak was speaking of?

yourpal
    sneakers77
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

IKNOW,
    How sad and pathetic your life must be. You spend your time spinning the typical POLITICAL RETHORIC of the politics of the past. When will your kind wake up and finally realize that the people are tired of same old recycled garbage. Instead of waking up and trying to improve the government you continue to choose to bash, spin half truths and personal attacks to try to accomplish anything.

Your garbage about attacking the emergency services in town sickens and appalls me. The emergency services are made up of a group of volunteers whose dedication is endless, and makes our town a safer place to live in. Why don’t you at least try to get your facts right, look around and you’ll find that most towns fire taxes are bigger than the Highways tax. What people see on their tax bill is only the Highways taxable income NOT the true Highway budget. The Town of Boston is set up as a fire protection district. The Fire companies are PRIVATE NOT FOR PROFIT CORPERATIONS, not Town owned agencies. The Patchin Fire Company is currently replacing a truck that is 22 years old, and the body is rotting out. How can anyone tell me that’s a waste of money? Is your car or truck 22 years old?

IKNOW you want more answers than what I can give. I cannot talk about the Fire Companies Business, they are a private corporation, and have rules and regulations that I must follow. You apparently know where to find it.

I do care about the retired on fixed incomes as I care about all the Town Residents. I have been a registered Republican all of my life, and hold strong to a lot of their values. I want LOWER TAXS, CUT WASTFUL SPENDING, and HELP OUR TOWN GROW IN A RESPONSIBLE MANNER, CUT THE RED TAPE SO BUSSINESS CAN MOVE INTO OUR VACANT BUILDINGS. I think there are more ways to reduce spending and lower our taxes but we need ALL of the departments working together to accomplish this. But I am upset that we have a surplus of more than $500,000 in one department and mostly from being overtaxed. I do believe that there should be a surplus for emergencies, but this exceeds the States limits, and some should have been given back to the tax payer.

Jim Pluta
    A REPUBLICAN AFTER THE TRUTH
    Last edited by james pluta; March 21st, 2008 at 09:25 AM.

Dear Jim,

Who approves the Highway Budget?

yourpal
    sneakers77
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

I am sick and tired of the same old political answers from you. Jim you have learned alot under Eagan's tiny wing.

What truck is getting replaced the one that sits on the hill and never responds because you make all the voluteers run to the valley to take out the ladder truck? How many trucks does this town need?? There are more trucks in Boston that in all of the town of Hamburg. Spend, spend, spend, keep on spending...

Quote Originally Posted by Iknow
    I am sick and tired of the same old political answers from you. Jim you have learned alot under Eagan's tiny wing.

What truck is getting replaced the one that sits on the hill and never responds because you make all the voluteers run to the valley to take out the ladder truck? How many trucks does this town need?? There are more trucks in Boston that in all of the town of Hamburg. Spend, spend, spend, keep on spending...
    IKNOW,
    The trouble with trying to talk to you in a sensible manner is that you have no sense. You continue to tell the same old garbage as if your half truths are the truth. You must be a delusional person who must tell lies to make themselves feel better or to make themselves feel like an important person.

Unlike you I can think on my own and make my own decisions. I don't need anyone to tell me what to do.

You make yourself sound like a real idiot with statements like the Town of Boston has more trucks than the Town of Hamburg. Why don't you try to tell the truth for once, not your lies like everyone responds to the valley. How stupid are you?

I've tried to have a reasonable exchange of opinions with you, but I can no longer try.

Someone once told me that’s it hard to argue with an IDIOT, and you fit the bill.

Jim Pluta

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information