Thread: Paladino Declares War on Czuprinski

Paladino Declares War on Czuprinski

Quote Originally Posted by WS Bee, 7-24-2008
    Ellicott Development last week filed an Article 78 proceedings against the town for damages it will suffer due to delays in the [Staybridge Hotel project on Slade Avenue]. The developer [Carl Paledino] is also seeking to have [town building inspector] Bill Czuprinski removed from his post.
    "We were already doing site work; he had given us permission and then he shut the job down yesterday sending all these contractors home," Paladino said. 'He's delayed out project repeatedly for the past six months. I don't begin to try to understand what makes the man tick."
    Paladino said dealing with Czuprinski in past projects such as the Hampton Inn and Rite Aid on Seneca St at Union - has been a burden.
    "Unfortunately this thing is costing us additional time and money - all over the foolishness of an individual who should have been put out to pasture many years ago," Paladino said.
    I do not know who is to blame, but Carl Paladino is not one to back down. He single handedly got the toll booths removed going into the city. Between Piotrowski and Czuprinski, West Seneca is getting press as a backwater town.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    I do not know who is to blame, but Carl Paladino is not one to back down.
    What's the inspector's take on the matter?
    He single handedly got the toll booths removed going into the city.
    No he didn't. His name is on the lawsuit, but it was not a solo venture by any means.
    Between Piotrowski and Czuprinski, West Seneca is getting press as a backwater town.
    Really? (Note - I'm not from West Seneca, but I follow local news.)
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke
    What's the inspector's take on the matter?
    Read the West Seneca Bee article. It is a long article, I have to hand type it, but the issue is Paladino's war against WS and 'the inspector'.
    No he didn't. His name is on the lawsuit, but it was not a solo venture by any means.
    Through the years no amount of politician asking got them removed until Paladino got involved. If I remember, it was his lawyer who uncovered the ditty that the booths were supposed to have been removed by law years before.

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke
    I'm also very 'professionally aware' of Carl Paladino.

In some ways the man is Gordon Gekko on speed. He has a goal (make money) and he's really good at achieving that goal. But he's also a brilliant business man and wholeheartedly a 'numbers guy.' If you don't think that's the best way to be in a business sense, keep in mind that Paladino's Ellicott Development owns and/or controls millions of square feet of commercial real estate in downtown Buffalo alone. The guess that I remember hearing was that roughly 35% of ALL available downtown commercial space was solely owned and/or controlled by Ellicott Development. That's not including their holdings and property outside of downtown proper or their numerous partnerships and business dealings with various other developers and real estate 'barons' in the area or Paladino's other interests in various projects, deals and developments.

The point being that, by social norms, he's out there. Seriously. An amazing business man who's made more money than God could print, cordial and professional in formal business settings and somewhat funny in a 'dry humor' kinda way; but unbelievably passionate, yet incredibly analytical and logical, about his "business."

Read the West Seneca Bee article. It is a long article, I have to hand type it, but the issue is Paladino's war against WS and 'the inspector'.
    Oh, the Bee ain't online yet. Odd
    Through the years no amount of politician asking got them removed until Paladino got involved. If I remember, it was his lawyer who uncovered the ditty that the booths were supposed to have been removed by law years before.
    That the tolls were supposed to be removed was not really a secret.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Heard today that WP wants the building inspector William C. to retire, and Gullo to advance to the position. Presently, WC owns and is repairing the building accross from the town hall on Main St.
    WC and Gullo have had a history of buying properties, fixing something up, or tearing down a building over a weekend. After tear down they will subdivide into lots, and make a tidy profit. No builder wants to bid against them because when you have to work with them, no one wants to tick them off. This is a disservice to the property owner because a bid a greater amount might have been forthcoming except word being out that the town building department has a financial interest.
    The FBI was around town checking up on WC, but nobody would say anything.

Both to blame....

From what I know of both guys, they're both pig-headed and have big ego's.....I have to laugh tho, Paladino makes me think that he wants to be Golisano's "mini me" when it comes to politics. Wants to be a player but can't match Golisano;s cash and clout...

Thread Information