Thread: A Closer Look at Judge Fahey

A Closer Look at Judge Fahey

After reading the request for a gag order from the courts and the institution of one by Judge Eugene Fahey it is no wonder that more people are losing their faith in American justice and American government.

Mr. Powers is worried that the referee's decision will cause harm to Mr. Piotrowski's primary election. But the question is: Will it? If it was a favorable ruling then there would be no need for a gag order.

Mr Power's continues to attack Dan Warren and accuses him all kinds of sinister behavior in his gag order request. I do believe Dan Warren started his lawsuit well before anybody declared for Supervisor and long before the petition process. It seems that Mr. Powers and the courts had more to do with the timing of the referee's report than Dan Warren. I guess that is Citizen Dan's fault.

Mr. Power's and Judge Fahey seem to ignore the fact that Mr. Powers and Mr. Michalek are bieng paid by the taxpayers of West Seneca and not Mr. Piotrowski and Mr. Bielecki. Shouldn't the citizens of the West Seneca be privy to a ruling they paid for? Incredible. I have heard that the lawyers have been paid over $50,000 to protect Piotrowski, Bilecki and Lorigo.

Now let us look at Judge Fahey. According to NYS Board of Elections Disclosure Reports, Mr. Powers' law firm (Phillips Lytle) contributed well over $5,000.00 to Judge Fahey in the last election go round. Over the years it probably amounts to a sizable amount of money.

I bet Dan Warren contributed $0.00.

Also, Mr. Powers is a high roller in the Republican Party, a big money man. Don't you think that may have played a part in Piotrowski's choice of hiring this high-priced criminal lawyer on the taxpayer dime? Ralph Lorigo is a high roller in the Conservative Party. Judge Fahey is a Democrat. When judges run they are always looking for cross endorsements. For a judge, it is like hitting a home run. Over the 14 year term, it is a multi-million dollar paycheck for the Judge and a sweet taxpayer paid retirement pension.

To say it is all about justice, well that may not be the case. It sure looks a lot different from a citizen's perspective. I guess I'm calling you out Judge. When you start sealing court rulings, it just doesn't seem right. Is the justice system based on the election calendar?

I have a real problem with that. The Constitution of the United States specifically states that the courts should be open to the people. Judge Fahey seems to be above the Constitution and closed them.

Does corruption and incompetence follow that same calendar. Piotrowski is a lawyer and Bielecki is a CPA. Shouldn't they have known what their jobs were? Maybe Mr. Warren should also be blamed for Piotrowski's poor job. Oh yes one more thing. Wasn't Piotrowski a former judge. Oh let's not get into that. That might be sacrilegious.

The taxpayers in West Seneca deserve to be told what is going on with their investment in this court case and not kept in the dark.

This sure seems like an example of the Dark Side of American Justice. Money and power versus the everyday citizen. Keep up the fight Mr. Warren. Somebody pulled that blindfold off the Lady holding the scales. Please lift the gag order.

Quote Originally Posted by count alucard View Post
    Mr. Powers is worried that the referee's decision will cause harm to Mr. Piotrowski's primary election.
    I think Powers even said that letting the public see this report would cause "irreparable harm" to Wally's campaign. Isn't it interesting that Wally waited til the report came out before asking for it to be sealed? If he didn't want the report to affect the election, shouldn't he have wanted it to be sealed either way? No. Not him. I'm sure he planned to use a favorable report to help him. Something along the lines of "the courts have decided that as your supervisor I have performed my duties appropriately." I bet he had the ad already written.

Does anyone know if Chris Fahey is related to Judge Fahey? Strange that he is running for Schoeder's old seat the 145th Assembly which includes West Seneca. Could he be seeking the Conservative (LORIGO) endorsement.

To say it is all about justice, well that may not be the case. It sure looks a lot different from a citizen's perspective. I guess I'm calling you out Judge. When you start sealing court rulings, it just doesn't seem right. Is the justice system based on the election calendar?
    Well, I've heard nothing but good things about this appeals judge but it is interesting that this is a lawsuit alleging that favors are traded in order to get the conservative endorsement from the county Chairman. It goes before an out of town judge (ie someone who doesn't have to worry about a local chairman). This unbiased, out-of-towner makes a report that apparently is so bad for the person aligned with the Chairman that he asks an appeals judge (who by the way carried the same conservative endorsement when he ran in Erie County last year) to put a gag order on the report.

Shouldn't the appeals judge excuse himself so that no one accuses him of repaying a favor?

Quote Originally Posted by notsg View Post
    Well, I've heard nothing but good things about this appeals judge but it is interesting that this is a lawsuit alleging that favors are traded in order to get the conservative endorsement from the county Chairman. It goes before an out of town judge (ie someone who doesn't have to worry about a local chairman). This unbiased, out-of-towner makes a report that apparently is so bad for the person aligned with the Chairman that he asks an appeals judge (who by the way carried the same conservative endorsement when he ran in Erie County last year) to put a gag order on the report.

Shouldn't the appeals judge excuse himself so that no one accuses him of repaying a favor?
    A very sensible post. No wonder it was roundly ignored.

After reading the request for a gag order from the courts and the institution of one by Judge Eugene Fahey it is no wonder that more people are losing their faith in American justice and American government.
    Now let us look at Judge Fahey. According to NYS Board of Elections Disclosure Reports, Mr. Powers' law firm (Phillips Lytle) contributed well over $5,000.00 to Judge Fahey in the last election go round. Over the years it probably amounts to a sizable amount of money.
    I bet Dan Warren contributed $0.00.
    >>>>>......
    This sure seems like an example of the Dark Side of American Justice. Money and power versus the everyday citizen. Keep up the fight Mr. Warren. Somebody pulled that blindfold off the Lady holding the scales. Please lift the gag order.
    Why didn't Wooten report this???????

Thread Information