Thread: Texas Primary going to the courts

Texas Primary going to the courts

The female senator from NY is going to the courts to challenge the way the Democratic primaries are run in Texas. This was reported on the lead page of Time Warner Cable's home page.

When she thought she would sweep the state of Texas she had no problem with how the Democratic primaries were run.

Why did she wait so long?
    Is she laying the groundwork to steal the primary elections?
    What other nasty tricks will she pull out of her brewing cauldron for the National Democratic convention?

Watch your wallets the Democrats are coming!

Actually, Lacks...what you said isn't true. From AP, via MSNBC:

Clinton political director Guy Cecil said he asked party officials to spell out the rules in memo form and to send them to both campaigns.

"We want to see the results in writing, and we reserve the right to challenge something if we don't believe it reflects something that was discussed on the call," he said.

Cecil on Friday denied that the campaign planned to sue the party, which will manage roughly 8,700 caucuses Tuesday evening.

"There were no veiled threats of lawsuits of any kind," Cecil said of the conference call.

I haven't seen Time Warner's page, so I dont' know if you aren't reading correctly or they aren't reporting correctly. Regardless, what you said is incorrect. And making accusations of "stealing" elections a) is pretty poor form without any evidence and prior to ANY sort of fact, and b) is fairly rich, coming from someone who supports our current Republican administration.

By the way...I am watching my wallet...watching my Republican run utilities make my wallet lighter and lighter.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Florida and Michigan

The Democratic National Committee is trying to get the votes counted in the Florida and the Michigan primaries after they said these primaries wound not count due to the fact they we to early. These we the rules the DNC made at the start of the primaries. So much for rules.

I wonder which candidate will benefit the most.

Could this be another behind the back attempt from the female Senator from New York to steal the Democratic primary?

Quote Originally Posted by run4it
    Actually, Lacks...what you said isn't true. From AP, via MSNBC:

Clinton political director Guy Cecil said he asked party officials to spell out the rules in memo form and to send them to both campaigns.

"We want to see the results in writing, and we reserve the right to challenge something if we don't believe it reflects something that was discussed on the call," he said.

Cecil on Friday denied that the campaign planned to sue the party, which will manage roughly 8,700 caucuses Tuesday evening.

"There were no veiled threats of lawsuits of any kind," Cecil said of the conference call.

I haven't seen Time Warner's page, so I dont' know if you aren't reading correctly or they aren't reporting correctly. Regardless, what you said is incorrect. And making accusations of "stealing" elections a) is pretty poor form without any evidence and prior to ANY sort of fact, and b) is fairly rich, coming from someone who supports our current Republican administration.

By the way...I am watching my wallet...watching my Republican run utilities make my wallet lighter and lighter.
    Interesting you blame Republicans for this. Who is in charge of the U.S. Senate? Democrats. Who is in charge of the House of Reps? Democrats. Who is in charge of the NYS Assembly? Democrats. Which party is the Governor affiliated with? Democrat. What is the County Legislature makeup? 12-3 Democrat.

Now lets see who is in charge with respect to Republicans: President of the US, Erie County Executive and the State Senate (by 1 seat).

It seems clear to me that the Democrats arent doing much, if anything, to save your wallet from the "Republican" run utilities.....

So I would characterize it as a bipartisan attack on your wallet. To blame one party over the other is simply wrong.

Crab,

Which one of those entities that you named sets my National Fuel rates?
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it
    Crab,

Which one of those entities that you named sets my National Fuel rates?
    I have no idea. Why dont you tell me?

As far as I can tell, National Fuel sets the rates. The rates are set by the National Fuel Board of Directors. So how you figure that Republicans are to blame for this is unknown to me.

Now, you may blame the CEO, who is a registered Republican, but the Board is not an elected Republican entity.

So if you have an issue with your gas bill contact your local representatives and have them do something about it or contact National Fuel.

Otherwise, your blaming one party, when this is clearly NOT a party issue, just shows your ignorance.

Thread Information