Thread: Lancaster,NY Cross Creek Developement -Flood Insurance info !

Lancaster,NY Cross Creek Developement -Flood Insurance info !

Here's some info for anyone with Flood Insurance Questions ! If your considering buying a new home in Lancaster - in , on , or near - wetlands , flood prone area's or flood plains - or if your not sure about that new or pre-owned home - here's some helpful info - read and understand before you sign that contract :

Click this link : http://www.fema.gov/hazard/flood/info.shtm

From this FEMA site you can get answers to "frequently asked questions about :1) Flood maps , 2) Insurance coverage , 3) how your Town's Flood Prevention Programs helps residents (#3 Does not apply to Lancaster,NY - The Town Board doesn't believe there's a problem) , contact info for FEMA and much more !

They can also send you the new "Revised version" of the National Flood Insurance Program's - "Flood Insurance Claims Handbook !"

Info in this handbook include tiles like : What to do before a flood , Check your Policy , Prepare Lists and Documentation , Secure Important Papers , Talk to your Insurance agent , Plan for an Emergency Contact .
    My personal favorites include : What to do after A Flood , Filing Your Claim and last but not least : "Four Steps to Appealing Your Claim !"
    But here's some useful guidelines : The Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2004 provided for the establishment of a pilot Grant Program for mitigation of "severe repetitive loss properties" . The act defines a "severe repetitive loss property as a property covered by a flood insurance policy that has incurred flood-related damage (1) for which four(4) OR more separate claims payments have been made , with the amount of each claim exceeding $5,000.00 or (2) for which (2)two for which 2 separate claims payments have been made , with the cumulative amount of such claims exceeding the value of the property. !!!!!!

For more helpful info or to find out if you need or should purchase flood insurance , you can : Ask your sales agent , ask your lawyer , Ask the developer , ask your finance company - or call FEMA at 1-866-395-7496.

A home is your single largest financial investment - educate your self - make sure you know the facts before you sign on the dotted line !

This information was provided by the Office of Home Land Security - not your Local Elected Officials !

Flood Insurance--flush your money down the toilet

It doesn't say anything about $5000.00 deductible or 900.00 a year for additional policy and there must be more than 1 house that has damage...

For Oct storm FEMA sent me a application for a loan nothing was covered.. Insurance company also told me nothing was covered and the only way your foundation is covered is if a car drives through it

Fema Maps many are not updated

Question Did I not present the info correctly ?

Here's what FEMA stated: it tells you there guidelines for determining if your property is a "Severe repetitive loss property"

" The Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2004 provided for the establishment of a pilot Grant Program for mitigation of "severe repetitive loss properties" .

The act defines a "severe repetitive loss property" as a property covered by a flood insurance policy that has incurred flood-related damage :

(1) for which four(4) OR more separate claims payments have been made , with the amount of each claim exceeding $5,000.00 or :

(2) for which 2 separate claims payments have been made , with the cumulative amount of such claims exceeding the value of the property. !!!!!!

Another number you can call is National Flood Insurance Program info center at 1-866-395-7496

#Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

I was not questioning what you wrote just adding facts

I did not question what you wrote only adding what I have experienced with flood Insurance.Most people don't realize the amount of the deductible and the price of the policy. I WAS NOT QUESTIONING YOUR INFORMATION

I'll just keep my mouth shut

My response also stated that you needed more than one resident with a flooding issue for a claim.
    SORRY

Lightbulb Sorry, I was just clarifing

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster wetlands
    I did not question what you wrote only adding what I have experienced with flood Insurance.Most people don't realize the amount of the deductible and the price of the policy. I WAS NOT QUESTIONING YOUR INFORMATION

I'll just keep my mouth shut

My response also stated that you needed more than one resident with a flooding issue for a claim.
    SORRY
    My mistake , I misread your post - I didn't feel "questioned" , I thought I may have not presented the info properly - I did actually make some grammatical corrections.

You have contributed many interesting , informative and valid posts - please accept my apology if I offended you.

Thread Information