Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: make(ing) Buffalo a better place?

Unregistered

make(ing) Buffalo a better place?

Talk about it
    Voice your opinion to make Buffalo a better place. Keep it civil or you'll be booted

This is the "TOS" on the opening page of SUWNY blog. Has the mission changed? The prevailing tone now is "partyUpWNY" . . . or "Personal-Attack WNY" . . . or "Friends&FamilyWNY"

My efforts to promote civic dialogue about important Bflo issues have repeatedly been sabotagued by a handfull of heavy posters who routinely bully those they dislike.

A dramatic example is "BigPoppaPuff", a repeatedly-announced "close friend" of Roberto Quintana, the dirtiest cop-councilman I have met, who I helped push out of office (after initially campaigning for him to be my councilman & first Hispanic elected offcial in Bflo) upon discovering how deeply corrupt he & his "crime family" is.

I had repeatedly asked "BPP" to stop trolling serious posts, urging him to stick to 'fun&games' posts, which he clearly preferred. When he refused, I googled his "anonymous name", distressed to see his public statement on a cigar smokers blog, from which he had been banned, that he had early onset alzheimers.

I then PM'ed his Harlem cop son (on SUWNY soley to "play" with his father) that something had to be done about his father's destructive posts, perhaps related to his tragic illness. I got no response from "Harlem" as destructive posts continued.

Now "Harlem" is demanding an apology for referring him to a post his father made for the entire world to see.

Am I to apologize for trying to keep an important resource to "make Buffalo a better place" from sinking into another destructive & embarassing black mark on Bflo? The Bflo News just focused how destructive local blogs, particularly focusing on SUWNY, can be.

Or has the mission of SUWNY changed?

Is there anybody left on SUWNY who wants "to make Buffalo a better place"?

I know Michele Johnson, my longtime ally in fighting an epidemic of Bflo housing scams, is one such person . . . who else?

Originally posted by kernwatch:
    From what I've read in another thread, it looks like Buffalo got a hell of alot better when YOU left.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja
    From what I've read in another thread, it looks like Buffalo got a hell of alot better when YOU left.
    Do you believe everything you read- on a forum no less? Oy Vey!

Yanno Kern, I'm all for making the area a better place. That's one of the reasons I joined the forum. However, you seem more concerned with continually dragging names through the mud at this point. You seem more concerned about name dropping who has wronged you than doing good. In fact, you've fled the area. Why are YOU still on this message board? What good are YOU doing for the area?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    A lot of people left because of economic reasons in WNY.

Why are you against someone who points out people taking advantage of the tax payers?

I am all for making Buffalo, Niagara, and the WNY region a better place!

We ARE WNY !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan
    I am all for making Buffalo, Niagara, and the WNY region a better place!
    ***** I agree SYL , anyone who who lives here , pays these ridiculous high taxes , the "hidden" taxes , etc. , IS trying & WANTS our WNY area better for our kids & future generations......That said , we must not personally attack fellow members , where does that make WNY better ? Pointing out tax abuse by our legislators , & gov't officials is important , VERY important , but what has me coming out of anonymity & "giving up" my ID have to do with making this area better , it would just shut me up , I'd have to stay quiet & go hide under my bed......!!*****
    Nothing gold can stay...............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

[QUOTE=kernwatch][B][I]

QUOTE]
    Since you asked
    lots ......but just not with you or in the way you direct.

Take a look at your methods...Can you honestly come up with any reason why anyone would want to be associated with those antics?

We all know the answer to that.

Mr. Kern - if the intent of this thread is really as the title says (making Buffalo a better place), then, why start by, immediately, dragging all the other BS into it?

therising

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    Mr. Kern - if the intent of this thread is really as the title says (making Buffalo a better place), then, why start by, immediately, dragging all the other BS into it?
    ***** therisin , again , even though you're not a New York Yankee fan , you HIT that one out of the park w/out using HGH !!! *****
    Nothing gold can stay...............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

Originally posted by WNYresident:
    A lot of people left because of economic reasons in WNY.

Why are you against someone who points out people taking advantage of the tax payers?
    I'm all for anyone who points out people who take advantage of the taxpayer. But someone who gets into anyone's private affairs, by relaying information to someone's relative that is not his concern is what I have a problem with. It has nothing to do with helping out the Buffalo area.

Kern does post some good information. It's the stalking/privacy issue that takes away from some of his valid points and credibility.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by winfield31
    ***** I agree SYL , anyone who who lives here , pays these ridiculous high taxes , the "hidden" taxes , etc. , IS trying & WANTS our WNY area better for our kids & future generations......That said , we must not personally attack fellow members , where does that make WNY better ? Pointing out tax abuse by our legislators , & gov't officials is important , VERY important , but what has me coming out of anonymity & "giving up" my ID have to do with making this area better , it would just shut me up , I'd have to stay quiet & go hide under my bed......!!*****
    Doesnt have anything to do with anonymity, the problem is there is too much estrogen in the culture. If you want to know why there is a problem, what caused the problem, and how to solve the problem, I suggest that people take this radio interview seriously AND LISTEN to it - http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/.../16.html#recap

For those who choose to ignore this opertunity for Dr. Sax to help you understand the truth, thats fine, but dont continue to complain about the way things are, and the people who [constructively] criticize you.

Kern does post some good information. It's the stalking/privacy issue that takes away from some of his valid points and credibility.
    You know, you nailed it right there. I'm more apt to skip over his posts, potentially missing something, because I'm bored of his little rants.

Quote Originally Posted by kernwatch
    Talk about it
    Voice your opinion to make Buffalo a better place. Keep it civil or you'll be booted

This is the "TOS" on the opening page of SUWNY blog. Has the mission changed? The prevailing tone now is "partyUpWNY" . . . or "Personal-Attack WNY" . . . or "Friends&FamilyWNY"

My efforts to promote civic dialogue about important Bflo issues have repeatedly been sabotagued by a handfull of heavy posters who routinely bully those they dislike.

A dramatic example is "BigPoppaPuff", a repeatedly-announced "close friend" of Roberto Quintana, the dirtiest cop-councilman I have met, who I helped push out of office (after initially campaigning for him to be my councilman & first Hispanic elected offcial in Bflo) upon discovering how deeply corrupt he & his "crime family" is.

I had repeatedly asked "BPP" to stop trolling serious posts, urging him to stick to 'fun&games' posts, which he clearly preferred. When he refused, I googled his "anonymous name", distressed to see his public statement on a cigar smokers blog, from which he had been banned, that he had early onset alzheimers.

I then PM'ed his Harlem cop son (on SUWNY soley to "play" with his father) that something had to be done about his father's destructive posts, perhaps related to his tragic illness. I got no response from "Harlem" as destructive posts continued.

Now "Harlem" is demanding an apology for referring him to a post his father made for the entire world to see.

Am I to apologize for trying to keep an important resource to "make Buffalo a better place" from sinking into another destructive & embarassing black mark on Bflo? The Bflo News just focused how destructive local blogs, particularly focusing on SUWNY, can be.

Or has the mission of SUWNY changed?

I know Michele Johnson, my longtime ally in fighting an epidemic of Bflo housing scams, is one such person . . . who else?
    Did you really have to start a new thread? There are already two active treads dedicated to your antics.

Exactly right, gorja!
    PUGS !!!

2 1/2 years later, and you're harping on the exact same subject!

http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4469

Convicted or not, this gives me a little more insight into how you operate. Disturbing, to say the least.

http://www.kernwatch.com/trialkern3.html
    Last edited by Harlem World; February 18th, 2008 at 01:56 AM.
    PUGS !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information