Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Words to Live By

Words to Live By

My cousin Carol is going through a painful breakup of a 30 year relationship and 28 year marriage. She sent me these beautiful words of comfort that were sent to her:

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.

Don't be afraid that your life will end,
    be afraid that it will never begin.
    “Never doubt that the work of a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” - Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Miller
    My cousin Carol is going through a painful breakup of a 30 year relationship and 28 year marriage. She sent me these beautiful words of comfort that were sent to her:

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.

Don't be afraid that your life will end,
    be afraid that it will never begin.
    I will be sharing this one today...thanks!

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will. You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken.
    Just so I have it straight - The moral of the story is to hurt others before they hurt you. Right?

I took it to mean "do a lot of drugs"!
    “Never doubt that the work of a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” - Margaret Mead

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    Just so I have it straight - The moral of the story is to hurt others before they hurt you. Right?
    Or, don't trust anybody

Thanks for sharing that, Mike. I hope Carol takes those words to heart, and starts to heal.

After my divorce, I spent an awful long time feeling hurt and then angry. And then one day I realized, I didn't have to hold on to all that crap. I just let it go. And oh, what a glorious feeling it was. I had been wasting all my energy on negative feelings. Sounds Pollyanna-ish, but you have to move on and look for the good...in yourself and others.

Thanks for sharing, LTG. Carol has always been more like a sister to me and her husband is also one of my best friends for nearly 30 years, so it's been really tough on all of us. Sometimes life just sucks but everything happens for a reason. This may be the best thing for both of them.

Sometimes life just sucks but everything happens for a reason.
    I figure it's the sucktastic times that make us really appreciate everything else.
    (yeah, there's that Pollyanna crap again)

Quote Originally Posted by Longtimegone
    I figure it's the sucktastic times that make us really appreciate everything else.
    (yeah, there's that Pollyanna crap again)
    Now THERE'S a word (sucktastic)...but that's what I got from it also..appreciate the good stuff because life dumps on everyone at one point or another.

When things get really bad, just do the Premier Lady Walk and all will be fine...

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing the glue.

When things get really bad, just do the Premier Lady Walk and all will be fine...
    I'll do the Premier walk straight into the Vodka section and THEN all will be well!

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    I think the moral of the story is to stay single.
    Pictures are not something you can take with you, anyhow.....
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Vodka... a girl after my own liver..

Vodka... a girl after my own liver..
    Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information