Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna Mayor Corruption runs deep

I don't know of anyone else, I know I am interested, but having NO prior experience at running a town, I'm not sure how many votes I'd get. I know there are a lot of people who want to fight city hall, but noone has balls enough to do it, with a few exceptions, but they won't run for office.
    Your blatant hostility will not win you helpfulness, nor has the information you have provided been adequate to gain a good response from Tech Support

Thumbs up great beginning

If you're interested in a government/political position, how many people support/stay behind you at this time/now? Why do you think they support you? Explain.

You have to start somewhere and somehow. Starting with yourself/your believes hopes is a great beginning. Otherwise, you have to do your home work first, and network a lot. You have to develop a plan.

Currently I have no one backing me, as I tend to avoid anyone who is into politics in Lackawanna. It seems that they are all corrupt. That is where I am lacking in running for office, the networking isn't there, as anyone worth networking with for this, is part of the problem, not the solution. I am not here to promote my campaign, but it is something I want to do, I want to clean up the corruption, and get Lackawanna running in the right direction. Lower taxes by getting rid of unnecessary expenses, and unnecessary people in government. Bring in more businesses by offering tax breaks for hiring locals, and reduce crime by bringing in more police to cover the high crime areas. I also want to hold the school board responsible for the low graduation rates, and bad grades the school receives, and push for more programs to enable people to learn as they need, not just however it is shoved down their throats. I want the school to enforce rules of dress, and conduct amongst the students, which in turn, will result in a better learning environment.
    Your blatant hostility will not win you helpfulness, nor has the information you have provided been adequate to gain a good response from Tech Support

Thumbs up City Charter/Code

You are touching many important issues, but some are out of the mayor's control. For example, an uniform issue in school.

Have you ever looked at the City Charter under Mayor's responsibility?

Do your homework, first. Learn what's what and who's who and why.

Learn the City Charter http://www.ci.lackawanna.ny.us/lackawanna.htm

I understand that the Mayor has no control over those things, but the mayor can still pressure the School board on important issues.

Thumbs up President and Policy

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M
    I understand that the Mayor has no control over those things, but the mayor can still pressure the School board on important issues.

In this case you have to address the School Board President. She can answer all your questions about the School District policies: how and who creates them and when and how they can be changed."

You sound like you have a bit of experience with this, you seem to know right away the answers that need to be said, do you have any experience with this? All good leaders need to surround themselves with intelligent people who will give the right answers, weather or not they are the favorable answers. Sounds like you fit that role.

Thumbs up Find me

You know where to find me.

I'll have to take that into consideration...

Thumbs up don't waist your time

Don't consider for too long and don't waste your time. Start now and don't wait before it's too late. Call direct.

Thanks for talking with me Zanna, it was an informative call, and you gave me a lot to consider.

Thumbs up See you around

Sounds good. See you around.

Thumbs up Where's SCOTT?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M View Post
    Currently I have no one backing me, as I tend to avoid anyone who is into politics in Lackawanna. It seems that they are all corrupt. That is where I am lacking in running for office, the networking isn't there, as anyone worth networking with for this, is part of the problem, not the solution. I am not here to promote my campaign, but it is something I want to do, I want to clean up the corruption, and get Lackawanna running in the right direction. Lower taxes by getting rid of unnecessary expenses, and unnecessary people in government. Bring in more businesses by offering tax breaks for hiring locals, and reduce crime by bringing in more police to cover the high crime areas. I also want to hold the school board responsible for the low graduation rates, and bad grades the school receives, and push for more programs to enable people to learn as they need, not just however it is shoved down their throats. I want the school to enforce rules of dress, and conduct amongst the students, which in turn, will result in a better learning environment.
    Where's Scott?

Is anybody watching this time?

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofbs View Post
    In case you haven't heard the latest on Mayor Polanski, take a look at this from wgrz.
    http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story...mvuc6CF/hqk%3D

Polanski does not care about the City of Lackawanna or it's citizens. His only concern is his own personal gain. In this mornings channel 2 news he compared himself to a CEO of a company. His he nuts! He is an employee of the City, a public servant. His job is to look out for the best interests of the citizens of Lackawanna, not to take their hard earned money and spend it on his hearts desires. Does he consider Lackawanna his Kingdom? Should we address him King Norman?

The man is a criminal. First he is questioned about committing a Federal offense of bribery for votes and now he’s using taxpayer's money like his own personal piggy bank. He states this was brought to the public’s attention because of petty politics. Polanski may think $17,000 is petty, but I don’t think the hard working people of Lackawanna will consider it petty. It was purchased through the Department of Public Works, therefore it is a DPW vehicle, but he states no one else can have use of it and he claims he uses it for government business only. I for one will be watching you Norm. It is understood that all City governments need government vehicles, but it would seem to me that a caring Mayor of a poor City would opt not to abuse the people’s money in this way. Like any other employee, he should use his own paycheck for his personal vehicle.

I would compare Polanski to a tyrant ruler, whose people are suffering and starving while his belly gets fatter as he feasts off the taxes he’s collected from the poor people.

He claims he's lowered the taxes, does he think the citizens are stupid? The property assessments were raised ridiculously high (for most of us), making the taxpayers pay the same if not more than before the so-called lowering of taxes.

I have personally had to contact the Mayor’s office to complain about some of the public servants of Lackawanna on at least three occasions and he has never replied. The last time, I complained, the Mayor sent his goons on me to "persuade me by whatever means necessary". I have been back and forth in court with the City for quite some time. My problems started with this City three years ago and I will never stop “fighting City Hall” when there is injustice.

I hope that Polanski and his goons are feeling the heat! I will joyously celebrate the day when the walls come tumbling down around them and they are all removed from their positions.
    I sorely miss tiredofbs, they were such a great contributor to this website. Maybe the goons did too much damage to tiredofbs to carry on? When the story about Polanski's illegal election vote buying scheme broke, I really thought all hell would break loose, but to my amazment, it just faded away! If he is backing Szymanski, he is probably filling him in on all the dirty little tricks they use to manipulate voters.

I have a serious concern that if Polanski "got away" with blatantly breaking the law, what's to stop the next guy? Of course they would learn from their mistakes, do a sweep for bugs before making deals? We need to learn from past mistakes to prevent them from happening in the future. As of now, with one vote separating the candidates, if there was any unsavory dealings going on, THAT ONE VOTE COULD CHANGE THE FATE OF THE CITY.

With a history of unethical behavior, I want to know, is anybody watching so this can't/won't happen again?

Everyone is watching but the problem is the guy is going to try to move up the ladder to the state assembly! Hopefully all this will come out again and put him in his place!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information