Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Town Board Meeting of 1/28/08

Town Board Meeting of 1/28/08

Comments, thoughts, etc.

I thought tonight's meeting went pretty well. It appears that we will finally get the noise ordinance amendments, hopefully in time for spring.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Any recap?
    "paranoia runs deep, into your mind it will creep"

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren
    Comments, thoughts, etc.

I thought tonight's meeting went pretty well. It appears that we will finally get the noise ordinance amendments, hopefully in time for spring.
    Why didn't you introduce yourself? Would have liked to meet you.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokester
    Any recap?
    Fairly uneventful as a whole. Someone admonished Graber and Clarke for their behavior at the last meeting, which did appear to sit well with Vinny.

Big surprise was WP encouraging the citizens to bring matters to the Town at any time, and not wait for the meetings. Never heard that out of PC's mouth.

Tina and Sheila seemed to go on a bit much, for my taste, on trivial matters.

Looked and sounded contrived, like you'd expect during an election.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    Big surprise was WP encouraging the citizens to bring matters to the Town at any time, and not wait for the meetings. Never heard that out of PC's mouth.
    GOOD! Then maybe we'll get rid of future hidden agendas and financial statements. Thanks!

The "character" who spoke during the issues of the public was a bit full of himself. Apparently he annointed himself as the the voice of reason to lecture the board, particularly Graber, about town board etiquette. His act was a bit over the top. In my opinion it wasn't an appropriate issue in the matters of the public forum and was nothing more than him trying to belittle Graber on behalf of the minority board members.
    Last edited by Spirit of Ebenezer; January 29th, 2008 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer
    That character who spoke during the issues of the public is a bit full of himself. Apparently he annointed himself as the the voice of reason to lecture the board, particularly Graber, about town board etiquette. His act was a bit over the top. In my opinion it wasn't an appropriate issue in the matters of the public forum and was nothing more than him trying to belittle Graber on behalf of the minority board members.
    Has this "character" been there before or is this a newbie?
    Last edited by The Jokester; January 29th, 2008 at 12:20 AM.

Wow! Some of you are quick. You quoted me before I edited the name out as per Fishers request of respecting citizens privacy. Oh well !

Wow! Some of you are quick. You quoted me before I edited the name out as per Fishers request of respecting citizens privacy. Oh well !
    Okay, I edited mine, as well, for the respect that is due.

Thank You. I appreciate that. I'm trying to turn over a new leaf in here with regards to my decorum. No promises though.

Which reminds me, DT you were there and didn't take the opportunity to further admonish the board about the towns FOIL act which you clearly stated in here you were not content with ? I'm suprised. Did something happen or did you give them a reprieve ?

Cotton Aulettes

Unhappy More Bove Bull!

Tonight, Tina Bove wanted an investigation of the termination of an elderly woman that she had forcibly removed from the Senior Center last summer when the women was helping Bove. She brought the women to tears. Great idea Tina, an investigation will expose you.

Don't worry, nothing about you.........yet

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokester
    Don't worry, nothing about you.........yet
    same goes for you sgt jokester.....someday the truth will come out.

Thank You. I appreciate that. I'm trying to turn over a new leaf in here with regards to my decorum. No promises though.

Which reminds me, DT you were there and didn't take the opportunity to further admonish the board about the towns FOIL act which you clearly stated in here you were not content with ? I'm suprised. Did something happen or did you give them a reprieve ?
    I gave them a slight reprieve on my proposals. I did put all of them in writing and sent them to each member of the board. I spoke about the proposals with Mr. Piotrowski after the meeting and he said that he received them and will review them shortly. I spoke briefly with Mrs. Meegan on them as well as the FOIL issue (I was unable to return her call to me on them before the meeting) and I look forward to discussing them with each of the other TB members over the next couple weeks.

Psycho, sorry I did not intro myself to you.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

The "character" who spoke during the issues of the public was a bit full of himself. Apparently he annointed himself as the the voice of reason to lecture the board, particularly Graber, about town board etiquette. His act was a bit over the top. In my opinion it wasn't an appropriate issue in the matters of the public forum and was nothing more than him trying to belittle Graber on behalf of the minority board members.

I thought his comments were appropriate particularly in this climate of Town Boards trying to limit/eliminate public participation for this very reason due to similar exchanges between board members and the public. Also the Board meetings are to conduct Town Business not as a forum to cast aspersions without giving the other an opportunity to respond. This gives the appearance of bias particularly when the one casting the aspersions did not fully disclose his relationship with intended appointee.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information