Thread: Non-declared registered voters

Non-declared registered voters

I don't know if there is anyone out there that is a registered voter, but has not registered as either a dem or repub. I suspect there are a fair number of us. I've thought about declaring, but I never know from election to election which party I will vote for. To me it depends on what is going on in the nation and the rest of the world and if I think there is a Dem Candidate that has the better grasp on the situation, it would be rather meaningless to vote if I was registered as a Rep. and vice versa.

If you fall into that category too, who would you vote for on Tuesday?
    I didn't set this up as a poll, just an informal who and why type of question to get a feel for how those of us not able to participate view the candidates.

Ok

Quote Originally Posted by cookie
    I don't know if there is anyone out there that is a registered voter, but has not registered as either a dem or repub. I suspect there are a fair number of us. I've thought about declaring, but I never know from election to election which party I will vote for. To me it depends on what is going on in the nation and the rest of the world and if I think there is a Dem Candidate that has the better grasp on the situation, it would be rather meaningless to vote if I was registered as a Rep. and vice versa.

I didn't set this up as a poll, just an informal who and why type of question to get a feel for how those of us not able to participate view the candidates.

OK I'll bite, I am a un-declared Independent voter. However, my vote is private I am old school. Today it seems everyone doesn't care who knows who they voted for. In the old days it was a private matter between you and your thoughts so I wont tell who. I am more like you cookie I choose based on who can get the job done however, that only means if I can read each party on what they are saying. One thing my Dad taught me is this

"No one man can ever change Washington because Congress has the last say on a vote."

To me personally, I don't think any of those who are running are worth my time.

Romney - scares the hell out of me. I see him as a devil in suit clothes.

McCain - He's asking for his due you as me.

Hillary - She is nothing more than a Bitch in a pant suit, and wants to show Bill up.

Obam bam - Well I kinda like him and I think he means well but I also think he want to be the first Black/White man in the White House which is OK to want. Heck if he didn't want that I would not think of him as a honest person.

So Cookie, there you have it you now know my political views for this years elections.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Thanks for participating Riven I understand the old school thing. I am a kinda old school person on some issues. I may talk about candidates and who my favorite might be, but that's not always who I vote for and I usually don't divulge either. (That only goes for the Nov. Elections, because I have never voted in a primary.)

i am registered as an independent. if i could vote on tuesday i think it would be mccain.

I'm an independent. I've voted republican in 3 out of the past 4 presidential elections. I have a feeling I'll be voting Democrat this year as none of the republican candidates impress me that much. If I could have voted yesterday it would have probably been for Hillary.
    1 Corinthians 13:1 "If I speak in the languages of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

Before October I was unaffiliated with any party I did register as a Republican so I could vote for Dr. Ron Paul in the primary. I will be changing my affiliation back to unaffiliated.
    If you walk around in a forest with your eyes closed you will eventually walk in to a tree.

2 + 2 = 5

Jesus died for your sins I do it for your mere entertainment dollar (Doug Stanhope)

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm an IP. I would have voted for Ron Paul.

I used to be un-declared also. But then realized that by doing so, I excluded myself from the whole primary process. I basically had no voice until the main election. By selecting Democrat or Republican, it at least gives you a voice in one party. And it doesn't mean you can't vote for whatever party you want on election day.

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles
    I used to be un-declared also. But then realized that by doing so, I excluded myself from the whole primary process. I basically had no voice until the main election. By selecting Democrat or Republican, it at least gives you a voice in one party. And it doesn't mean you can't vote for whatever party you want on election day.
    I didn't think of it that way. Thanks!

btw, sorry to go off topic here cookie... wait that's ME
    One thing that I happened to notice recently, even though I am a registered voter I have never been called for jury duty. My husband on the other hand is registered and has declared a party. He gets summons regularly. Twice he has had to show that he has already served and was exempt from serving again.
    Doesn't mean anything really, I just thought it was interesting.

I didn't think of it that way. Thanks!

btw, sorry to go off topic here cookie... wait that's ME
    One thing that I happened to notice recently, even though I am a registered voter I have never been called for jury duty. My husband on the other hand is registered and has declared a party. He gets summons regularly. Twice he has had to show that he has already served and was exempt from serving again.
    Doesn't mean anything really, I just thought it was interesting.
    I am a registerd IP as well but I am in your husbands shoes. I have been called for jury duty probably 6 times in the last 10 years. Just had one a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dags
    I am a registerd IP as well but I am in your husbands shoes. I have been called for jury duty probably 6 times in the last 10 years. Just had one a month ago.
    Whew. I have a small list of possible conspiracy type theories. I'll check that one off the list!!!
    I suppose I'll finally get called now that I've mentioned it.
    Anyone reading this that is in charge of calling people up, you can send my summons to me at:
    Cookie Crumbs
    666 Thatta Way
    Ditzville, NY

IMHO If you live in the City of Buffalo it is best to register as a Dem. That way you get a say in the election that picks the winner. Besides in November you can vote for anyone you like!

Dems in Bflo

Quote Originally Posted by B-lo
    IMHO If you live in the City of Buffalo it is best to register as a Dem. That way you get a say in the election that picks the winner. Besides in November you can vote for anyone you like!
    I agree with B-lo................ but only if you live in the city proper as there is never anyway to participate in a primary unless a guy like Helfer runs..........
    Nothing gold can stay...............

www.onlinebuffalo.com

I'm un-declared but registered voter. My wife and friends say that I should join a party. But honestly, I hate both the parties. I don't want to show support for either.

Thread Information