Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Manhattan Project Still Affecting Western New York

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    What is it?
    I believe that is the former Seaway landfill. It's been closed for a while now.

Exclamation Facts

YOU WANT TO KNOW FACTS:

www.communityloowproject.com

Lots of improvements underway on the site created above.

.... and the sad thing is people still mess with that stuff and create "more" efficient nuckear weapons...... or nuclear power plants... Come on..... Someone home upstairs??

Quote Originally Posted by Mary3
    YOU WANT TO KNOW FACTS:

www.communityloowproject.com

Lots of improvements underway on the site created above.

Cannot handle the truth

There are depleted Uranium waste dump sites and toxic waste dump sites buried all over the United States.

Thousands of them.

The locations of these sites
    and
    the high-rate of diseases affecting those who live above and near these sites (plus water tables)

are ALL great news stories

that have been buried, along with these waste sites

Love Canal was just one of a FEW stories that was so big, the news "HAD" to cover it, but these days?

THIS government and media that continues to turn a blind eye to Katrina survivors could care even less of people ill and dying from Uranium and toxic waste

Yes, George, Dick, Carl and other nazis, its OK for people to waste away from Leukemia and other cancers if they're poor or middle class.

I am going to do a Google search on that "USA Today" front page story on radioactive dump sites across the U.S. that ran years ago-for one day with little or no follow-up the following day.

The waste sites we KNOW of ARE the proverbial "tip of the iceberg"

"GOD BLESS AMURICA!!!"
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Did a Google on depleted uranium and found

"DEPLETED URANIUM FOR DUMMIES" at

WWW.Globalresearch.Ca

Prepare to have your mind utterly blown away.

Emma Bull

DF, I really like many of your posts, but blaming the current administration for the burial and subsequent media blackout that occurred in the '40s, '50s and '60s is a bit over the top, n'est-ce pas?

Quote Originally Posted by Effigy
    DF, I really like many of your posts, but blaming the current administration for the burial and subsequent media blackout that occurred in the '40s, '50s and '60s is a bit over the top, n'est-ce pas?
    It was not my intention to lay all of the blame on "hidden DU and toxic waste sites" on Bush & pals;What you read was a tiny slice of raw hatred directed towards Bush and his fellow feces

We've been the guinea pigs of a murderous military industrial complex pre-dating Eisenhauer's(SP) famous statement

Emma Bull

Exclamation Nuclear Energy

There was a very interesting program on Uranium on "Modern Marvel" History channel yesterday. The highly processed Uranium for nuclear energy v.s. weapon grade information was very informative. The tatical problem with advocacy groups seems unable to connect and inform the public in real terms that can be understood in layman terms. When I hear agency people talk about uranium, they talk in terms of natural occuring uranium in nature, and when I hear from advocacy groups, they start talking science which puts most people to sleep. They have the look of "cant' compute, can't compute...overload...overload..."

Rumsfeld wanted and got lots and lots of money for the Dept of Defense to build newer bombs. In fact, there was a contest to see who can build it faster for the Dept of Defense. As far as I'm concerned, the money should have gone to the devastated areas from Katrina.

If I had a choice between weapons and nuclear energy, I choose nuclear energy. It's totally against the purest of the environmental groups but the needs of many outweigh the few. If there was a choice between nuclear energy and solar or wind, I choose solar and wind.

If there was a choice between nuclear and so called "clean coal", I choose nuclear. The main reason is the recent studies that show the so called clean coal plant emmits more radiation than nuclear plants. Now don't get your panties in a bundle, that is what I've heard. When I feel like it, I will try to get the facts.

I strongly suggest viewing the program I pointed out in Modern Marvel, History channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary3
    There was a very interesting program on Uranium on "Modern Marvel" History channel yesterday. The highly processed Uranium for nuclear energy v.s. weapon grade information was very informative. The tatical problem with advocacy groups seems unable to connect and inform the public in real terms that can be understood in layman terms. When I hear agency people talk about uranium, they talk in terms of natural occuring uranium in nature, and when I hear from advocacy groups, they start talking science which puts most people to sleep. They have the look of "cant' compute, can't compute...overload...overload..."

Rumsfeld wanted and got lots and lots of money for the Dept of Defense to build newer bombs. In fact, there was a contest to see who can build it faster for the Dept of Defense. As far as I'm concerned, the money should have gone to the devastated areas from Katrina.
    Believe it or not Mary3 I actualy agree with you! We will have no choice in the future but to use more Nuclear power. The EROEI (Energy recieved out of Energy invested) is much higher for nuclear than for any of the other alternatives. It may be the only way for our society in the long-run to maintain anywhere near our current standard of living.

However learning from the lessons of the past we must pursue it in the safest manner possible. We cannot allow it to be done in the haphard way it was done in the post WW-2 era. We don't need any future LOOW sites to deal with! However, if it is done correctly and with close oversight it may be a way for us to break our country's total dependance on fossil fuels.

Wind, solar, biomass, cellulistic ethanol, tar sands, clean coal and conservation will all play a role in the nation's energy future but only nuclear generates enough power to truly be a replacement for oil.

Time is short, worldwide oil production has peaked or will shortly do so. If we want to maintain a modern economy well into the future nuclear may be our only option. It's not without its dangers and pitfalls but I think we know enough now not to repeat the same mistakes as in the post-WW2 era.

I think what we need to remember is this stuff is buried all over. Gosh, I bet WNY has a few dozen sites at least. It was how our families put food on the table and it was perfectly legal at the time.

Not one of these sites is less important that the others. What happened here in the past was people with honest questions and/or concerns were attacked. When you constantly attack those who are trying to learn more or help raise awareness you become less credible. Once that happens people start pushing back and questioning you. As it turns out, people had some very valid questions.

Personally, I had a problem with scare tactics. This information should be able to stand on it's own merit, there is no need to try and make it sound worse and instill fear in people.

Quote Originally Posted by milesfromhome
    I think what we need to remember is this stuff is buried all over. Gosh, I bet WNY has a few dozen sites at least. It was how our families put food on the table and it was perfectly legal at the time.

Not one of these sites is less important that the others. What happened here in the past was people with honest questions and/or concerns were attacked. When you constantly attack those who are trying to learn more or help raise awareness you become less credible. Once that happens people start pushing back and questioning you. As it turns out, people had some very valid questions.

Personally, I had a problem with scare tactics. This information should be able to stand on it's own merit, there is no need to try and make it sound worse and instill fear in people.
    Agree with every word,
    but if the dozens if not hundreds of corporations (and government agencies, military heads come forth and admit the truth about ALL D.U. and toxic waste dumping sites,

-there'll be lawsuits into the tens-of-billions,

-high-placed officials and corporate heads admitting that "we did something very wrong" or "bad"

-The American public (then citizens in other nations) would expect the government and industry to suddenly be honest about all of the other coverups they've committed in the name of "profit"

I say this because if the federal government and the corporations responsible for radioactive and toxic dumping confessed,
    it would set a very powerful legal precedent
    and
    lawyers would smell MONEY

Sure, scare tactics are repusive,

ESPECIALLY in our "Democracy"

and

"this information SHOULD be able to stand on its own,"

but not in this country

not anymore

However
    I was SHOCKED that a family won a lawsiut against a major pharmaceutical for their daughter's Autism from a vaccination.

I thought that the major pharmaceuticals (along with other corporate entities) were protected in the Patriot Act;That they could NOT be sued for Autism caused by vaccinations.

A very RARE glimmer of hope in this unprecedented pro-corporate/anti-middle class mileu we call "modern America"

And as a quick postscript, of sorts-
    So far-
    THIS government has gotten away with all kinds of personal attacks, silencing and smearing those who have asked for the truth
    or
    have tried to make the truth KNOWN to the American people
    and
    the world, but were "punished" for trying to do the "right thing."

Whistleblowers;People with consciences working for the government;The army (in Iraq) and corporations get silenced or "punished" in one form or another.

Don't expect any or many ex-government higher-ups and corporate execs to confess illegal dumping of D.U. to "The New York Times" or "MSNBC."
    Ain't gonna happen.

Emma Bull

You make very good points dumbfounded. I think it's safe to say there are already lawsuits. The question becomes how much disclosure is enough to bring the walls crashing down on the government? I still have to go back to one of my original points, this activity was legal at the time.

Did they know this would harm generations of people when they were doing it? That's a whole different issue. One that need exploring none the less.

I thought the autism case was a settlement, I didn't realize there had been a ruling in favor of the parents. This is a huge victory for parents. It just goes to show that sometimes the facts can stand on their own.

If our country and other countries, and corporations, and private citizens around the world have made themselves more powerful, prosperous, and safe because of the Manhattan Project and the US Federal Government can not, and will not, negociate on behaf of WNY for restitution in the form of clean up and 21st century [green?] infrastructure for the revitalisation of this region, then WNY should just declare itself sovereign, control its own natural resources, and create its own culture and country separate from the US and Canada.

The primary agrument (explanation) for the world could simply be, "We helped make your bombs and you gave nothing back so now screw you!"

I like the way you think Sylvan!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information