Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who will be the new Council President?

Quote Originally Posted by Lackcitizen View Post
    Well how does 2 failed businesses and saying they were picking on your businesses alone due to trying to do right for our city...that is Bull...Bells and Quality had to follow the same rules...every business did..you just ignored it until you could make it into a pity party for yourself....smh
    Yep let's put a concrete barrier in front of the door so no one will get in or out and make it look like it's because were rebuilding the bridge. Problem is the morons in charge moved it to the street AFTER the store closed. Do you idiots really think the people are that freaking stupid and didn't notice?

Post Vote the Person......NOT the Party! The soldiers are marching!

Just like the Wicked Witch of the West , riding by on her bicycle in the Wizard of OZ, I could see the Party Soldiers crunching their numbers.........deetadeetadee, as she screw faces us, saying----" I'll get you, my pretty! ".

It is ALL about the numbers and I bet the streets are loaded with their soldiers today ( not tomorrow--Bills play) , asking/begging voters to vote straight Democrat.............trying to reel in " their Pretties " aka the PRETTY VOTE for the PARTY.

The Party gain is more important to them than the betterment of Lackawanna....if I am not telling the truth then why are we not at least looking to the outside in good shape? Especially because $$millions$$ in development (CDBG {Community Development Block Grant} ) monies, etc. have come into Lackawanna over the Polanski----Szymanski years!
    MEGA-BUCKS and we look worse now than we ever did!

If the "family and friends club" patronage was not more important than our City .......we would have our street-scape, land-scape, Regal City Hall--Community Buildings, and state of the art Fire Stations ( * the boys had to float the $5mil BOND this year to do $1.2 mil work on them because they are condemned), fully equipped Police Task Forces, etc.! Wouldn't we.

Anyone who votes strictly DEMOCRAT or whatever Political Party you are in, and NOT the person is voting for more of the same neglect of the City of Lackawanna and the people who live in it!

I am a Democrat but my party has let me down due to their own self-serving agendas, so I again say, VOTE THE PERSON----NOT the PARTY!

Post History in the making!

Dear Fellow Forum posters,

I Andrea Haxton humbly ask you ALL for your vote tomorrow, November 8, 2011.
    History for the City/Citizen's of Lackawanna is going to be made no matter what happens....who wins their election.

I started out fighting for OUR playgrounds when I took my 2 yr old there and am still fighting City Hall for help! Now I take my soon to be 2 yr old granddaughter there and it is worse. Everyone complains, but those in power to do the improvements, refuse to change the budget because the money has to be used to feed their patronage pyramid.
    I understand completely what they are doing with YOUR money, and I know we are pretty much broke.....then there is the debt service!
    Nothing ever changes in Lackawanna except their musical job game......when they knock someone down to fill the chair with their new player.

Well I am NOT a player, I am a real worker bee....I ask you for a chance to represent YOU---The City , to effect the change that is so overdue. I am not knocking my opponents but they do not possess the political knowledge I have earned to do the job right for you. Cut-backs are here from the State, Feds, etc., I am a woman who knows how to make 3 meals out of a pkg. of hot dogs for a family of four; " I can rub & scrub this old house til it's shinin like a dime
    Feed the baby, grease the car, & powder my face at the same time
    Get all dressed up, go out and swing til 4 a.m. and then
    Lay down at 5, jump up at 6, and start all over again
    'Cause I'm a woman! W-O-M-A-N, I'll say it again! " (Peggy Lee's famous song) Just Being silly! But I do NOT take the job duties as silly or lightly, we are in some serious doo doo if "Hand-picked Party backed candidates" continue to resume their CONTROL of Lackawanna!

After the cleaning and polishing I can retire knowing Lackawanna is on its way to coming into their just due. I/We can teach OUR kids how to take over according to OUR/The People's standards of operation. In other words I am going to raise the bar to the level other communities such as Hamburg take for granted.
    No reason all neighborhoods can't shine....." Knowledge is Power " as we all know, we just have to teach folks what we expect and start at the grassroots level .

I am not against any one in City Hall or my haters on here or where ever, we are here for such a blink----let's all try to put the past away and begin with a NEW LACKAWANNA........I have ONE agenda item, to pass a clean baton to whomever the next person who wants to be Lackawanna Council President!

I am the Anti-Everything Vote, I stand for the SILENT MAJORITY, for people who have "HAD IT!", who hate politics and dirty dealings at their expense, who just want to live in a nice community! Thank You!
    Respectfully,
    Andrea Haxton
    P.S.
    If nothing else, someone to yell at when no one else seems to care........I will never hide anything from you and will give you straight up information. I hate double talk! Yes, PLEASE hold me accountable!

Very well said Andrea. I also believe you should hold the seat of Council Priesident. You provide the citizens of Lackawanna with documented facts regarding our city's problems. I personally feel with your strong determination you would not allow, nor be persuaded by other council members to making wrong decisions for this city. As a matter of fact, you would fight your darnest to keep them in line. Citizens, what have the other 2 candidates shown us, nothing but hidden agendas. Voters don't let the bashing of Andera's personal life sway your vote, its just ploy to deflect the truth. Vote Sunshine Party, Andrea Haxton.

Keep telling it the way it is Andrea. Personal attacks are just a way for those who have accomplished nothing and are ripping off the taxpayer to destroy those who want to change things for the better's credibility. Things aren't always what they seem.

Amen

Post You are right......

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaok View Post
    Amen
    That is exactly what this is all about.......trying to bring some peace to a beat-down ole' Steel-City.
    I have defended where "I came from" my entire life, I do what I do because I do not want our children to grow up feeling the negativity about Lackawanna that many of us have had to deal with.
    We are better than Amherst, etc. because we are people of substance.........do not take anyone Citizen for granted folks, Lackawanna is a plethora of untapped knowledge and strength. The diversity of our people, our roots, have always been our diamond.....we just need some polishing!

I don't have all the answers but TOGETHER as " TEAM LACKAWANNA", I know we can pull through this turmoil and make some sense out of the nonsense that has been brewing our entire lives.

Thank You all, God Bless YOU and May God Bless the City of Lackawanna.....OUR future, whatever the outcome will be at 9pm tonight! Amen.
    Respectfully,
    Andrea Haxton
    Candidate" for Lackawanna City Council President...........I realize I am the underdog and there is a mountain to move. I need your help so we can all help Lackawanna get out of the rut or should I say potholes! BTW: Ridge Road is looking pretty good---it should, but wait till YOU get the bill!
    Woof!:

Cool One for the Kids!

My six-yr old Grandson, Ian helped me put my signs around early this morn. He is so excited.....he wants to know what time he can go vote.
    As we were running around he started rambling, like kids do, about our city and country. I mentioned I am going to try to save and you and I can fly to Florida to see Uncle Brandon and your cousins maybe next year. He said , "oh no, I am not getting on a plane with those people who bring knives". I explained how planes are safe and the police get the bad guys.
    My point is........if we ALL do not do our part to try and make things right....our kids are going to grow up with a horrible imminent fear and gloom hanging over them about safety. Guns are everywhere......I back our Police 100% to go out and get the bad guys out of Lackawanna. Drugs busts loaded in the Front Page every week.

It all starts at the local, street level with clean, safe, modern neighborhoods (Caz5 just posted a great reality check post),---with valiant Fire and Police forces equipped with state of the art everything. I was shocked to hear him tell me, oh NO....when we were young we hoped one day we could ride in an airplane as we looked up at the sky.

Please vote today. Not for us only, OUR little ones will be at the helm before we know it. I ran into a couple today, and was shocked at how much older they look, they looked great but,.......OUR time is ticking so we can't waste a second of it! So, I Gotta go win an election with YOUR help.....!

P.S. He named my campaign " Team Grandma......All Aboard! "

Andreahaxton, I believe you genuinely care about the City of Lackawanna. I believe you will do a good job as council president.

Now that we all know who our council president will be. I'd like to wish Hank Pirowski best of luck in his new position. The city has a lot of work that needs to be done. Let's hope that we can get it accomplished.

Post Appreciate your kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    Andreahaxton, I believe you genuinely care about the City of Lackawanna. I believe you will do a good job as council president.

Thank You.
    Too bad 3000 other folks didn't think so. But it is all good in retrospect.

I do too!

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder View Post
    Now that we all know who our council president will be. I'd like to wish Hank Pirowski best of luck in his new position. The city has a lot of work that needs to be done. Let's hope that we can get it accomplished.

He is really going to need community support, our City is really in dire straights.
    I have no hard-feelings and also wish him the beat!

The one who works hard and walks door to door and explains his/her platform to the voters and gets the most votes........I have been reading some people's quotes here....about corruption....if you have information about any illegal activities report that to the proper authority...and don't complain...just do it...looks like the same peeps here talking back and forth to each other because no one else will listen tpo their bologny.........

Andrea will never win an election again....quit yakin so much about nothing.........

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information