Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be the new Council President?

Who will be the new Council President?

Makeyenko is already riding around town with political posters attached to the well known jeep of his supporting SBS. Voters unite this is not a good option. STOP THE CORRUPTION. It its enough that they have influence in the school district without them playing politics in the city government. IMAGINE FAMILY AND FRIENDS IN THE CITY. LOOK WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO THE SCHOOL DISTRICT.
    Last edited by getalife123; August 3rd, 2011 at 09:36 PM.

Imagine MORE family and friends in the city! Is boy toy still the City Marshal? Imagine Miss Prissy Pants running to the stripper to see how she should vote. Can you imagine that? Everyone should be thinking about how fast the city will further decline!! Oh boy, this has GOT to stop before it even begins!

Someone told me JM is still the City Marshal, not sure though. SBS can sing, John will dance & SBS's husband can blow his horn, an off Broadway Production. LACKAWANNA CITIZENS IS THIS THE BEST YOU COULD COME UP WITH? The friends & family club are also backing Jaworski, voters beware.

26024_102534316451907_100000860164589_45091_7394257_n.jpg Is this the guy that wants to be council president?
    Last edited by lackawanna #1; August 3rd, 2011 at 10:57 PM.

Came across an article written in 2008 entitled "UNEDUCATED VOTERS HAVE DISTURBING EFFECTS ON ELECTIONS."
    The author wrote that it isn't easy to become discouraged when you speak to neighbors and co-workers about their choices and commitments in the elections. "In essence, ignorance and superficiality have taken a stronghold. People are voting without knowing what they are voting for," the author concluded.

Individuality is crucial in situations like elections. Consider this: if every 4th person you know votes the same as one of his friends or bases their vote on one mindset ("I ALWAYS vote Democrate..." or "My grandfather had a fight with his grandfather in 1948...") and that is a constant throughout the city, then a 4th of the city is essentially VOTING BLIND.

That's quite frightening if only a third of the registered voters bother to go to the polls!!! Please invite everyone you know to the mayoral debate being held on Thursday, August 4th @ Lucarelli's 7-9:30 p.m.

By the way has any candidate other than sbs come up with a plan /platform for reforming our city, when a candidate has nothing to offer, its always try to tear someone else apart to bring them down to thier level.save the bs and put up or shut up.

I grab the Front Page when visiting my family and I have read two articles the Susie had printed. The first one had to do with the first ward and all she talked about was the history of what once wasI didn’t read a plan/platform.
    Next we move to the second ward she is going to work closely with code enforcement to rid the blight? I don’t think she understands – she doesn’t direct the workforce. Heh Lackawanna#1, tell JM to “school” her on her duties. does she have any idea ? Nope, I didn’t read a plan/platform.
    I look forward to visiting the family Thursday to read what she has in store for the third ward, the ward she lives in.

Quote Originally Posted by gibbsgal View Post
    I grab the Front Page when visiting my family and I have read two articles the Susie had printed. The first one had to do with the first ward and all she talked about was the history of what once wasI didn’t read a plan/platform.
    Next we move to the second ward she is going to work closely with code enforcement to rid the blight? I don’t think she understands – she doesn’t direct the workforce. Heh Lackawanna#1, tell JM to “school” her on her duties. does she have any idea ? Nope, I didn’t read a plan/platform.
    I look forward to visiting the family Thursday to read what she has in store for the third ward, the ward she lives in.
    Like I said

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said before, has any candidate other than sbs come up with a plan /platform for reforming our city, when a candidate has nothing to offer, its always try to tear someone else apart to bring them down to thier level.save the bs and put up or shut up.

Has someone new entered the race? It appears to me from what I am reading that gibbsgal simply said that he/she didn't get a plan out of Sue's articles. I do know as Council President you are part of the legislative branch of city government not the administration aspect. She can not tell any of the departments what to do - that's the mayor's job. Council President only has control over the Council Clerk and City Clerk - that is it!

You are missing the point Lackawanna #1, no one brought down SBS to any low level, it was done the moment she decided to run with the backing of JM family & friends club. You are the company you keep, that says it all. The desire, want, & need of that group to control all strangles the city of Lackawanna, there will be no reform for this city, same oh, same oh, just like the school district. Voters you need to look at the big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    Like I said

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said before, has any candidate other than sbs come up with a plan /platform for reforming our city, when a candidate has nothing to offer, its always try to tear someone else apart to bring them down to thier level.save the bs and put up or shut up.

Platform---Splatform! Boy do you all need a reality check! Nice writing, but......Did you ever attend Council Meetings-State of the City-or any Work Sessions to see how off base any 5-Point plan is to reality?
    All this rhetoric tells us is that anyone directly or indirectly connected in any way to the Lackawanna "family and friends club" should not even be considered as a viable candidate in any current or upcoming elections! Because it is the same old same old pre-election articles and when they get "in"---NOTHING EVER CHANGES!

The next Council President must be a very independent leader who will be able to take the hits from all directions when hard decisions/legislation are made. Regardless of their own feelings they must have the ability to take a stand alone when no one else is standing up for the right thing!
    Lackawanna needs to completely clean house and get rid of the cobwebs and self-serving good ole' boy mind-set that has held any progress back at our City-Line! Why we have been getting rid of the "blight" since 1983 and 28 years later it is worse than ever! Can you imagine the millions+ spent over the years that have been the 5-10-1000 Point Plan and here we continue to sit, beat-in down, crippled, and broken!

The only immediate/future plan we need is for people to stop talk-in and start walk-in the walk. Sincere Candidates should have dedicated in any way over the past years volunteering in the First or Second Wards, wherever, for any community activities, in other words "You Will Know Them By Their Fruits".

Good point getalife. Did u see who is supporting Pirowski and Mckusker? Tony Mingrelli. Who's Supporting Mckusker? Cathy P, Tony Mingrelli etc. Same old disgruntled city employees. It's never gonna change. City is doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    Has someone new entered the race? It appears to me from what I am reading that gibbsgal simply said that he/she didn't get a plan out of Sue's articles. I do know as Council President you are part of the legislative branch of city government not the administration aspect. She can not tell any of the departments what to do - that's the mayor's job. Council President only has control over the Council Clerk and City Clerk - that is it!
    History says that absolute power corrupts absolutely. We need checks and balance in our government. It is extremely important that no one group controls the the executive branch (mayor), legislative branch (council) and the school district (largest single tax expenditure in the city). Will one group actually say NO to each other? This is the muddy road we are about to walk down.

Bingo!

Well said, getalife123!

The "Party" signs, endorsements, cocktail parties, pay-offs, back-stabbers, job deals, promises, etc.----------- ring around the Rosie-we all fall down! Hup two -one three! I still shudder when I think of how they treated poor Mayor Kathy when she tried to get her good ideas for improving our neighborhoods/community worked out, passed, and completed! You know who you are--- user rats.
    There has been a few times when the Council balked an Administration but it always ends up the same with the Citizens losing the game.

This election year---is not the usual, "vote for him because he got my tree cut down, or I went to school with him" at all. Our City is NOT the powerhouse place to live that it could be because beer muscles have run us into the ground and hit Lackawanna way below the belt.

We, on the side of trying to make us a better Lackawanna know what the broken record issues are that plague us year after year, SO........WE must make.......
    This the year to step out of the arena--take off your gloves, and come out hard fighting for what we believe is right!

If not, we have shut-up like they want us too, and thrown in the towel to the family and friends club that gives back crumbs when we give them our loaf of bread.
    And then they have the audacity to give themselves a great big "atta boy!" and name streets after themselves as they drive by on them with City-owned vehicles. Please!

QUOTE=WNYresident;773261]I have to agree with lack...

I know a few people who go for some tax courses offered by H&R and then they do taxes at the HR office during tax season...

That doesn't make one a "tax/planning" expert. Not to be confused with real book keepers, CPA types...

I don't know who he's referring to so this comment doesn't apply directly to who he's referring to..

People fluff up on their resumes to the point of misleading...... it happens all the time and it is apart of human nature. Look into each candidates resumes and look for the fluff.. expose it because your kids futures are effected by the choices these people will make if elected..[/QUOTE]

FYI, again, and please feel free to call and look it ALL up!

andreahaxton@yahoo.com
    20 Elm Street Phone: 716-563-4349
    Lackawanna, New York 14218 Anytime
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    Career Objective: To work in a fast-paced Service, Administrative, Management setting.

• Respected leader and team builder who will: instill a shared, enthusiastic, commitment to all people---I lead by example and ensure the execution of all safety, security, quality, and business policies/procedures.
    • Dedicated Customer Service Manager/Employee with >20 years of experience
    __________________________________________________ ______________________

* Team Building and Training * Supervision
    * Complaint Handling/Resolution * Operations Management
    * Customer/Employee Satisfaction/Enhancement * Good Salesperson
    * Cost Reduction Strategies * Customer/Client Service
    Professional Experience
    Senior-Sit/Rosewood at Elderwood 09/2010-04/2011 Hamburg,NY 649-7676
    Buffalo Bills/Guest Services Ambassador 2010-Present Season T. Pitzer 312-8647
    Tops Market Cooking School West Seneca
    U.S. Department of Commerce/Census Enumerator Summer 2010
    Supportive Services February-April 2010
    Erie County Veterans Service Agency Rath Building, Buffalo New York
    Lackawanna City Council January 2006-January 2010
    Councilmember 714 Ridge Road Lackawanna, NY
    A & E’s Goods March 1998-October 2007
    Owner Mom and Pop Store 297 Ridge Road Lackawanna, NY
    Erie County Health Department May 1994-February 2002
    WIC Program, Asst. Nutritionist Rath Building, Buffalo NY
    Garden Gate Manor NCF February 1990-May 1994
    Assistant Food Service Director 2365 Union Rd.CheektowagaNY