Thread: Cheektowaga needs Garbage Totes......

Angry Cheektowaga needs Garbage Totes......

I have alot of rat problems in the winter time. They get in my garbage, my garage, and even made their way into my new car. I keep all my garbage covered and nothing lying around but I can only do so much. When there's garbage from other places and neighbors not covered, the rats just take up residence. They dig holes around my house and I have had these baited by the town and traps set as well.

We need totes like Buffalo, where do you think the rats are coming from - BUFFALO!!!

Amherst mandated use of town issued totes several years ago. The town paid for the standard sized tote. Residents could purchase a second tote or a larger one for around $65. All food garbage, other than recycle items, has to be placed in the totes.

The private companies under contract loved the ide because the totes were designed to be lifted by the truck rather than a human, so they could substantially reduce labor costs.

Now you know why Cheektowaga doesn't have mandated totes.

The law does require that all food garbage be in plastic of metal cans, but way too many vioalte that rule, or have cans not good enough to deter rats

Having totes wont solve the rat problem because it’s the peoples behavior that has caused the rat issue. Time for you to move !

Quote Originally Posted by jhngh41 View Post
    I have alot of rat problems in the winter time. They get in my garbage, my garage, and even made their way into my new car. I keep all my garbage covered and nothing lying around but I can only do so much. When there's garbage from other places and neighbors not covered, the rats just take up residence. They dig holes around my house and I have had these baited by the town and traps set as well.

We need totes like Buffalo, where do you think the rats are coming from - BUFFALO!!!
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

I would like to see the town change to bins. If Buffalo can do it Really.

Cost, cost, cost...as you may not have notice but town taxes went up, and newt year your school taxes will go up another 5 % I can't afford anymore increases. You can't keep your garbage in your canns with tight leds its your own fault.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Buffalo has a rat problem also. Even with the totes. The rats chew their way through the bottom of the cans. Buffalo has a full time crew that does nothing but repair these things. I bait and set traps all year round. Get about 8 of them buggars a year.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    Cost, cost, cost...as you may not have notice but town taxes went up, and newt year your school taxes will go up another 5 % I can't afford anymore increases. You can't keep your garbage in your canns with tight leds its your own fault.
    Ditto.

We bought ours at Home Depot.

Thread Information