Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The New West Seneca Cost Savings Plans:

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck
    This is seriously laughable. First, there is no need to get rude and defensive. I am not a town employee so I don't have all the inside information.

Second, when I clarified my comments as I was asked to do, I admitted that I didn't have concrete evidence about the attorney assistants. However my info on the bookkeeper to the supervisor was spot on

Third, Greenan did do his own typing. He didn't start out that way, but ended up doing it for himself. He took a pay raise and they cut a secretary...the net result was less money spent in total, but a higher salary for Tim.

Fourth, I have no agenda here other than to occasionally respond to some of the idiocy I see in this place.

Fifth, I understand what Wally is trying to accomplish...but the way he went about things from the very beginning was ridiculous. Some of you people seem to think that Wally is installing a government of open communication and insight, but in reality, it's been a government of secrets until the last possible second.
    But, what of the "billable hours" on top of Mr. Greenan's salary? Seems this beast went to the trough double-time.
    "paranoia runs deep, into your mind it will creep"

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokester
    But, what of the "billable hours" on top of Mr. Greenan's salary? Seems this beast went to the trough double-time.
    Lay some numbers out before making a comment like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    You'd have to get exact numbers from the comptroller, but please realize that not only did he receive a salary, he also billed for hours that included phone calls, meetings, etc., just as any attorney. (Incidentally, these numbers are available as a public record, depending on how the budget was printed. However, I believe the budget and the way it was reported had been a point of contention dring the Clark Administration as it grouped numbers under collective headings.)

The Town should have either hired an attorney as a salaried position, much like the City of Buffalo with it's Law Department/Corporation Counsel or the other way - as an out of office counsel. Having to pay from both ends really dilutes the coffers, especially if communications between the attorney and others, such as department heads, besides the head office took place.

Believe me, Res, there are some intelligent citizens out here that are aware of the issues that a few are attempting to cover up. Unfortunately, we do not have the files. But, under a FOIL, one could have them produced, especially now since this is the first time the Town is noting the FOIL procedure on its website. Previously, FOILs were hard to come by or obtain. They are being ordered though and we'll let you know as soon as we do.
    "paranoia runs deep, into your mind it will creep"

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokester
    You'd have to get exact numbers from the comptroller, but please realize that not only did he receive a salary, he also billed for hours that included phone calls, meetings, etc., just as any attorney. (Incidentally, these numbers are available as a public record, depending on how the budget was printed. However, I believe the budget and the way it was reported had been a point of contention dring the Clark Administration as it grouped numbers under collective headings.)
    I am surprised that this reply passed the smell test, and there was no followup. The reply was "I have no numbers, but they are there somewhere, and when I get them, I'll let ya know".

Hey Man, two posts both critical of posters. I got one word for you...................Welcome !

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information