Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The New West Seneca Cost Savings Plans:

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokester
    Does anybody have a copy of the new budget besides Reality Check and Cotton? I would like to see the numbers for myself before making assumptions.
    It would seem that both these individuals are the ones with the inside track.

I wonder where they have gotten the figures?

Inter-office meetings, perhaps?
    Most truths are so naked that people feel sorry for them and cover them up, at least a little bit.

Interesting that Cotton signs on at 5:12 pm and 4UWS signs off at 5:11 pm.
    Coincidence? I think not

Quote Originally Posted by CSense
    Coincidence? I think not
    It's like blogging with Cybil. You're never sure who's going to show up.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    It's like blogging with Cybil. You're never sure who's going to show up.
    I know what you mean.....

Quote Originally Posted by CSense
    I know what you mean.....

Where did you find this? It's great! This Cotton/4UWS guy must be linked to the department or departments being reviewed. What a jerK!
    "paranoia runs deep, into your mind it will creep"

Cotton Aulettes
    Where did you find this? It's great! This Cotton/4UWS guy must be linked to the department or departments being reviewed. What a jerK!
    You Joke! Who's the jerk?
    Go defend your nosey comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotton Aulettes
    You Joke! Who's the jerk?
    Go defend your nosey comrade.
    More and more, you make less and less sense. Keep it up.
    "paranoia runs deep, into your mind it will creep"

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck
    Wally's "cost saving" plans are nothing more than erroneous propaganda. The truth is that when he cut the Town Attorney's salary, he then had to go out and hire assistants and secretaries for Mr. Hunter. Why? Because the prior Town Attorney didn't need a secretary...he did his own typing, etc.
    What was the salary before and after for the Town Attorney. Including benefits/insurance cost if there were any.

What is the yearly cost for the additional assistants and secretaries for Mr. Hunter. Including if there are also benefits/insurance cost for the new hires.

I would like to see the actual number to see the cost increase for the tax payer.

Second, check out the cost savings for the comptroller. Wally cut the comptroller's salary drastically, but then hired another accountant...someone who he shared office space with...as the personal accountant to the Supervisor's Office at a salary of ~$36,000.00.

Some cost savings plan...
    And what are the actual numbers in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    What was the salary before and after for the Town Attorney. Including benefits/insurance cost if there were any.

What is the yearly cost for the additional assistants and secretaries for Mr. Hunter. Including if there are also benefits/insurance cost for the new hires. I would like to see the actual number to see the cost increase for the tax payer.
    The old Town Attorney salary was something like $56,000 + full benefits...valued at approximately $18,000/year.

The new Town Attorney salary is $35,000 + full benefits ($18,000/year). I am not certain about the cost of the assistants and secretary, but I do know that the total is more than $21,000/year...thus actually increasing the cost of the Town Attorney.

And what are the actual numbers in this case?
    The previous Comptroller earned a salary of $39,576 + benefits ($18,000/year). The new comptroller makes $25,000/year + full benefits ($18,000/year). The new personal accountant to the supervisor's office makes either $36,000 or $37,000/year and I'm not sure about the benefits at this point.

The truth is...Wally is trying to make a splash publicly by "lowering salaries" to save money...which he clearly isn't doing. In fact...his salary is higher than that of the "inflated" Paul Clark. Regardless...these changes are minor in a budget of $21 million. Smoke and Mirrors...Smoke and Mirrors.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Thank you for registering!

I agree with you.

They point at one item to say look how we are saving "you" money yet fail to mention additional expenses they added.

You're welcome.

I just couldn't sit back watching some of these people crown Wally the savior for all the "right" he is doing when they have no idea what is actually going on.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This same BS has been happening for years in our local/county/state governments. But we do have to see if the new people and the "extra hires" can make change that save more than thier additional cost.

If the comptroller department's budget increased by $40,000 but over all they cut $500,000 in wasteful spending that was a wise $40,000 to spend.

Remember it's the political parties that serve these people up for the most part.

This same BS has been happening for years in our local/county/state governments. But we do have to see if the new people and the "extra hires" can make change that save more than thier additional cost.

If the comptroller department's budget increased by $40,000 but over all they cut $500,000 in wasteful spending that was a wise $40,000 to spend.

Remember it's the political parties that serve these people up for the most part.

Believe me...I know all about it. The problem is I don't know if anyone brought in by the current regime is capable of running the town successfully. I'm all for change...but not change just for the sake of change. So far, Wally's really done nothing but piss people off.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck
    Believe me...I know all about it. The problem is I don't know if anyone brought in by the current regime is capable of running the town successfully. I'm all for change...but not change just for the sake of change. So far, Wally's really done nothing but piss people off.
    I'm not ready to anoint Wally either, but often when changes are made, some people get pissed off. Experience has shown, that it is usually those who have been feeding at previous king's table too long.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    I'm not ready to anoint Wally either, but often when changes are made, some people get pissed off. Experience has shown, that it is usually those who have been feeding at previous king's table too long.
    Indeed, add this to the additional cuts to form a balanced group of services for the needs of today rather than yesterday.

It is easy to critique one department's reengineering without looking at the whole picture.

Until such time as all departments are reviewed, we should hold our collective criticisms to see how the entire package looks.

The action and questions brought by this thread are reactionary and without thorough thought and review. It is, in itself, the very same thing the poster accuses the new administration of. Therefore, the finger-pointing should be held until such time as the entire reengineering process of the Town is reviewed and finalized.

I am aghast at the short-sightedness shown here and know why it was done in the first place. That is why I ask that the citizens wait for the full review process and budget restructuring before they call for the mutants to file to the castle.

If one would review the Town Board Meetings that are available on the TWS website, they would realize this. But the poster and fellow minions would prefer to cast dispersions without the whole story.

Wait, all will become manifest. As another poster stated in the past, everyone's budget changes due to allocation and need. So has the TWS's.
    Most truths are so naked that people feel sorry for them and cover them up, at least a little bit.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information