Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Board Meeting of 1/14/08

Painful to admit

I have to agree with Niagara, in part, on the reuse of the Burchfield Center. Placing the PD there would not be practical, and may still pose restrictions on their effectivness. The PD really need a larger, and better fortified facility to conduct business. Benderson would be wise to offer one of their vacant structures in town, take the write off, and be done with it. Couldn't hurt in the publicity department either. The center has the potential to make money for the town, and remain family friendly.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

[tongue in cheek]
    We could take the current Canisius athletic field by eminent domain for a new police station!
    [/tongue in cheek]

The WSPD does need new quarters perhaps a public discussion on funding it along with more space for Town use (Courts, etc.) through bonds is needed?
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Good mornin'

Eb, you're my new hero. And how about telling me what tonights winning numbers are while you're at it. And why ask Tina if she's listening? What's she gonna do? Or better yet, what's she done? I know I have to tread lightly here because a lot of posters seem to like her. Two in particular. Anyways, Hey Niagara: questions still out there on the TB, new 3, holdover 2 or all 5.

A Hero ? Me ? Hardly. Piotrowski and Meegan in a sense are the new heroes, making noble efforts and changes to get the town going in a new and positive direction. I for one am feeling encouraged with the course of actions they are taking.

Quote Originally Posted by erlyrizr1
    Eb, you're my new hero. And how about telling me what tonights winning numbers are while you're at it. And why ask Tina if she's listening? What's she gonna do? Or better yet, what's she done? I know I have to tread lightly here because a lot of posters seem to like her. Two in particular. Anyways, Hey Niagara: questions still out there on the TB, new 3, holdover 2 or all 5.
    Which two posters like her?
    As far as which way the votes go, still up in the air. I wouldn't be cheering too loudly though. And you are right, I know nothing, just making noise.

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren
    The WSPD does need new quarters perhaps a public discussion on funding it along with more space for Town use (Courts, etc.) through bonds is needed?
    Just over the line into S Buffalo, there is a beautiful building that would make a nice WS Police station.

Yeah, Great Idea !

WOW !!!

Just when you think someone couldn't possibly lose anymore credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    The center has the potential to make money for the town, and remain family friendly.
    Parks don't make money unless you charge admission to them. Even then, it is not likely they will even cover expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer
    Yeah, Great Idea !

WOW !!!

Just when you think someone couldn't possibly lose anymore credibility.
    Frankly, where are your ideas, other than trashing things. I would love to see you come up with some viable good idea present or past. Name something that has a snow balls chance in hell of happening.
    Your name SOE is a misnomer. If it were up to you, you would make WS into a garbage dump. It could make millions that way. Maybe toxic waste, even better.

A Hero ? Me ? Hardly.
    You said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    The PD really need a larger, and better fortified facility to conduct business. Benderson would be wise to offer one of their vacant structures in town, take the write off, and be done with it. Couldn't hurt in the publicity department either.
    How about the old Tops store on Ridge. But the Benderson donation idea, and the extra publicity for them really is a great idea. Wonder who would like to present that to the Benderson family. How about a poster named Psycho.

Dr. Showme Nothing,

When you're posting during the weekday during normal office hours, which you do, do you bring a laptop in the patient's room to do so or do you leave them sitting in the chair with the saliva ejector hanging in thier mouth and sit in your office at your desk while you post ?

I heard that they have been thinking of moving Engineering and Building & Plumbing down to the Burchfield and then taking those offices in the town hall and expanding the police so they can use the whole downstairs for themselves. The only thing they don't know what to do, is where to put the tax office.

A Hero ? Me ? Hardly. Piotrowski and Meegan in a sense are the new heroes, making noble efforts and changes to get the town going in a new and positive direction. I for one am feeling encouraged with the course of actions they are taking.
    So I'm not getting my numbers then? Too early to say WP and SM are heroes. They still need VG to accomplish anything and so far they have stuck together. Give it awhile, say 5 or 6 months before anyone is cannonized.

Quote Originally Posted by wantabe
    I heard that they have been thinking of moving Engineering and Building & Plumbing down to the Burchfield and then taking those offices in the town hall and expanding the police so they can use the whole downstairs for themselves. The only thing they don't know what to do, is where to put the tax office.
    I guess it would probably have to stay in the town hall with the money that comes into their office.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information