Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Board Meeting of 1/14/08

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren
    I believe that overall Americorps is good for the area and Town however, this apparent cozy relationship between ML with the WS Schools, Town and Americorps is overshadowing the good. Mrs. Meegan put it best at the TB meeting (paraphrasing) you can only serve one master.
    Funny coming from her whose husband has a cozy job watching the ice freeze. The ice rink is a money loser, as opposed to an organization which is subsidizing a town asset, the Burchfield Park. And how is being on the school board, which I think is voluntary, a cozy relationship. The one master thing is surprising. Almost disheartening.

Quote Originally Posted by Niagara
    Funny coming from her whose husband has a cozy job watching the ice freeze. The ice rink is a money loser, as opposed to an organization which is subsidizing a town asset, the Burchfield Park. And how is being on the school board, which I think is voluntary, a cozy relationship. The one master thing is surprising. Almost disheartening.
    How do you know the ice rink is a money loser? Did the Town Board finally come up with a income/expense budget for the Rink so we could know exactly what it costs (or doesn't)?

I got the impression she liked Americorps, liked the Youth Bureau, and liked Lazarra's work, but was concerned about where his priorities would be if push came to shove.
    Perhaps I'm wrong, but that's how I saw it.

*Edit-How in the hell can the rink lose money? That place is booked solid.

Also, Lazarra's daughter hired by her father for americorp isn't a problem for you, yet Meegan just got elected and obviously didn't hire her husband yet you seem sore about it...How/Why?

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    I got the impression she liked Americorps, liked the Youth Bureau, and liked Lazarra's work, but was concerned about where his priorities would be if push came to shove.
    That is my impression as well.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Casting stones and naming names

Let's see. Piotrowskis cronie for a job. Grabers wife. Idiots who populate the TB. (Would that be the new 3 or the holdover 2 or all 5?) Meegans husband. Wow, must have been a rough night. Niagara, sure you didn't leave anyone off your list? I don't think you're as informed as you want us all to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    And you are probably right. My mistake. I took the two masters comment to mean she was antiAmericorp.

Edit-How in the hell can the rink lose money? That place is booked solid.
    Sure it can lose money. Just because it is busy does not mean it makes money. Just look at the ice rink thread, it is open at times inconvenient for anyone to use it, and not used, yet staffed by multiple well paid staff. Many of the teams using it are not populated by town residents, etc. Subject it to a cost benefit analysis. Doubt it would pass, yet many towns have programs because they improve the quality of life.

Also, Lazarra's daughter hired by her father for americorp isn't a problem for you,
    So much hated for Lazarra's daughter. Does she do a bad job? No one else in the town has relatives working for the town. How about the police department. I would love to scan that for relatives, fathers, sons.

Bottom line is there are about a half dozen malcontents who got the ears of Bove, WP, and Clarke, but with only their story. They go to the TB meetings, and probably post here. The problem is they do not talk about the amount of work done for the town by Americorp, how many hats ML wears for his 80000/yr, how much money he brings into the town, and who would fill the void if he and his program were to leave. Like who will mantain the park, who will pay rent (subsidize) the cost of the building which still has money due. Too much misinformation and speculation of maleficence

Biding my time

Hello. Niagara, you still there? Waiting for answers. Anything forthcoming? Any new info to pass along or just your own opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by erlyrizr1
    Hello. Niagara, you still there? Waiting for answers. Anything forthcoming? Any new info to pass along or just your own opinion?
    Personally, I would prefer to remain anonymous. All I know is some have had their say, and now others will get a chance to have a their say. The welcome mat is out to move Americorp if it comes to that. Meetings have been arranged, what comes of them is yet to be decided.

Only half the story

And you are probably right. My mistake. I took the two masters comment to mean she was antiAmericorp.

Sure it can lose money. Just because it is busy does not mean it makes money. Just look at the ice rink thread, it is open at times inconvenient for anyone to use it, and not used, yet staffed by multiple well paid staff. Many of the teams using it are not populated by town residents, etc. Subject it to a cost benefit analysis. Doubt it would pass, yet many towns have programs because they improve the quality of life.

So much hated for Lazarra's daughter. Does she do a bad job? No one else in the town has relatives working for the town. How about the police department. I would love to scan that for relatives, fathers, sons.

Bottom line is there are about a half dozen malcontents who got the ears of Bove, WP, and Clarke, but with only their story. They go to the TB meetings, and probably post here. The problem is they do not talk about the amount of work done for the town by Americorp, how many hats ML wears for his 80000/yr, how much money he brings into the town, and who would fill the void if he and his program were to leave. Like who will mantain the park, who will pay rent (subsidize) the cost of the building which still has money due. Too much misinformation and speculation of maleficence
    His daughter did not do a good job with the YES program. She was late most of the time or sick and couldn't come to work. She called off more than she would be able to come to work.
    You are only telling half the story. Americorp does not contribute much to WS. When they need money to cover the expenses for their grants, they borrow from the town. Sometimes it takes years to pay that money back. Look at the interest the town is losing. The park is maintained by buildings and grounds, not Americorp. You are only listening to ML. So don't complain that we don't know the whole story, because we do. It won't make a dent in the progress of the town of WS when Americorp is gone. In fact, the town will be in better financial shape then it is now. Maybe that's the problem with ML, he wears toooooo many hats and doesn't do any of them justice.

Come again?

Personally, I would prefer to remain anonymous. All I know is some have had their say, and now others will get a chance to have a their say. The welcome mat is out to move Americorp if it comes to that. Meetings have been arranged, what comes of them is yet to be decided.
    Never asked your name, rank, or serial number. Just wanted my questions answered. Why the Texas two-step? And meetings have been arranged? Between who? ML, WP, TB, SM. Again, I think you want people to believe you know info but I believe its all smoke.

Niagara is no doubt either a friend of ML, or a patron of the Burchfield. Has your wife purchased any good works lately doc?

If the BC is turned into a new police station, it will save the town a great deal of ca$h. The current facilities are a disgrace, and have exceeded their usefullness. When suspects are questioned in a closet, that is a joke.

As for Americorps, I see their vehicles only in the city. Someone please tell me where in WS they are working, so I can see it for myself. Then maybe I'll rethink my position.

BTW, ML's salary is for Youth Bureau Director! Not, for anything having to do with Americorps. If he is leaving in October, I hope they conduct an audit of evrything in the building starting Monday. Or perhaps... tonight. Anyone want to take a ride over there with me?
    Last edited by Psycho1; January 25th, 2008 at 11:46 PM.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

If Wally was smart, he would collect all the credit cards and take an inventoryof the equipment in the building tonight! I'm sure ML will spend all the money left in the grants and take anything that's not tied down. I'd be glad to ride along with you, we might find a u-haul at the burchfield!

Yeah, you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    Niagara is no doubt either a friend of ML, or a patron of the Burchfield. Has your wife purchased any good works lately doc?

If the BC is turned into a new police station, it will save the town a great deal of ca$h. The current facilities are a disgrace, and have exceeded their usefullness. When suspects are questioned in a closet, that is a joke.

As for Americorps, I see their vehicles only in the city. Someone please tell me where in WS they are working, so I can see it for myself. Then maybe I'll rethink my position.

BTW, ML's salary is for Youth Bureau Director! Not, for anything having to do with Americorps. If he is leaving in October, I hope they conduct an audit of evrything in the building starting Monday. Or perhaps... tonight. Anyone want to take a ride over there with me?
    It's probably too late- Mark and his "bitch" Josh were there late yesterday evening- after being booted out by WP! Between the commiserating and covering up that will go on now until October, the three bozo'z who run the place should be shackled and led out of town!
    "You show what you are willing to fight for when you fight friends." - Hillary Rodham Clinton

Things are picking up

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1

Psycho, you know something we don't? I gotta feeling you know who niagara is. I am going to pm you with 3 initials. You don't have to reply to me. Can't see police moving out of the TH. Its central to the town. As for wanting an audit, something going on that you would like to share?

Quote Originally Posted by erlyrizr1
    Can't see police moving out of the TH. Its central to the town. As for wanting an audit, something going on that you would like to share?
    As for a central location for the PD, that was really important back in the day before good radio systems. Now it's not as critical. I personally think they should be closer to the city line.

The audit is necessary if, in fact, WP has given ML a deadline. (As reported in this blog) Not conducting a complete inventory of the center is like letting Michal Jackson babysit your young son.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information