Thread: Obama's Church

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Obama's Church

Apparently Obama belongs to a church that seems to worship Africa and blacks as much as God. It is a black separatist church. For real. This information is easily found with a simple search and yet we hear very little from the mainstream media - even though the media has admitted this is all true. And Ron Paul gets flack for an old newsletter?

I think the MSM will hang-on to this information until Obama squares off against the Republican neo-con candidate. Or, if Obama fits their agenda better they may never make it an issue. Just like they all held-back the Ron Paul newsletter story until the New Hampshire primary. Are we supposed to believe that they all missed this old story? The same kabal that has been bashing and/or ignoring Ron Paul since day one?

Video 1

Video 2

His church's website

The Pastor as well as the membership of Trinity United Church of Christ is committed to a 10-point Vision:

A congregation committed to ADORATION.
    A congregation preaching SALVATION.
    A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION.
    A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.
    A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION.
    A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION.
    A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF AFRICAN PEOPLE IN DIASPORA.
    A congregation committed to LIBERATION.
    A congregation committed to RESTORATION.
    A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY.

Looks like the top 3 are main goals of any Christian religion. Adoration, Salvation, and Reconciliation. Tough to find fault there, as a Christian. The 3 most important are the top 3. Only 2 of the goals have anything to do with Africa, and one of them is simply to understand one's history. Absolutely nothing about "worshipping" Africa. Understanding and taking pride in one's history is a big issue for you? Or is it only if one is black that it's a problem?

And we need to understand Obama's views on these. Like any other religious denomination, do most of it's members take literally ever single tenet of the faith?

So needless to say, your characterization that they "seem to worship Africa and blacks as much as God" is, by their own words to which you linked, absolutely untrue. But then again, you knew that, didn't you?

I gotta say though, it's nice that we're finally past the "he's really a muslim" crap.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Yes, they should preserve their history of being black separatists. I'm sure George Wallace would share your view.

I would accept their vision statement if they had a Book, Chapter and Verse to go along with it.
    Whose culture will one be educated in?
    Whose economical parity are they interested in?
    Are they interested in the historical education of anyone else?
    I'm just asking these things because usually a Christian Church lifts up and glorifies the name of Jesus Christ without respect to persons of any race. After all God is not a respecter of persons and says so in his Word

Romans 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Where does it say anything about being separatists?

Is it nice to be in the group that makes stuff up with absolutely no basis in order to smear your oponnent? I've never met anyone in that group before...
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it
    Where does it say anything about being separatists?

Is it nice to be in the group that makes stuff up with absolutely no basis in order to smear your oponnent? I've never met anyone in that group before...
    It's a racially exclusive theology, They are racially specific in their objectives, and they are warriors for freedom of blacks only.

It wouldn't be wrong to say they are afro-centric, meaning that the matters of blacks come before all. I’m not exactly sure what the “Black Value System” is, but I have a suspicion that whatever it is, it’s not too good for European Americans.

Here is a blog about one of the preacher's sermons titled “Black people! Grow up! Stop helping white people!”. Real WWJD type stuff, right?

A commitment to blacks, but not all people isn't racist? Get bent dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Puppet
    It's a racially exclusive theology, They are racially specific in their objectives, and they are warriors for freedom of blacks only.

It wouldn't be wrong to say they are afro-centric, meaning that the matters of blacks come before all. I’m not exactly sure what the “Black Value System” is, but I have a suspicion that whatever it is, it’s not too good for European Americans.
    Thanks for the information. When there is a thin legislative, and speech history, other information becomes even more relevent to get insight into a candidate's true beliefs. I think that just as Romney was asked to explain his Mormon Religion, Obama should be asked to explain some of the issues you have brought up.

Townsfolk
    You really ought to read this so you will know what you are getting in to…

Who is Barack Obama?

1- U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama

2- Born in Honolulu, Hawaii ,
    Father: Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black Muslim from Nyangoma-Kogel, Kenya;
    Mother: Ann Dunham, a white atheist from Wichita,Kansas .

Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii . When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced.

Father: Returned to Kenya.
    Mother: Married Lolo Soetoro, a radical Muslim from Indonesia.

3- When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocated to Indonesia.

4- Obama attended a Muslim school in Jakarta. He also spent two years in a Catholic school.

5- Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He Is quick to point out that, "He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school."

6- Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this influence was, temporary.
    In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya Soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct influence over His son's education.

7- Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam.

8- Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta. Wahabism is the radical teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world.

Since it is politically important to be a Christian when seeking Major public office in the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim background.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue
    I would accept their vision statement if they had a Book, Chapter and Verse to go along with it.
    Whose culture will one be educated in?
    Whose economical parity are they interested in?
    Are they interested in the historical education of anyone else?
    I'm just asking these things because usually a Christian Church lifts up and glorifies the name of Jesus Christ without respect to persons of any race. After all God is not a respecter of persons and says so in his Word

Romans 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
    I don't know you too well Mesue, but from the little I've read, I have a feeling we come from similiar christian backgrounds.

With that said, in this case I look at that mission statement and I think, God uses all different kinds of worship styles for His kingdom. What I see is a church that appears to be involved in social issues as well as christian issues. That is typically something you see alot of in Black churches, which have a long history of applying their faith to social issues.

It wasn't too long ago that God used the Black church to move mountains in this country when it came to segregation. I believe there are many, many born again, bible believing christians who are attending churches with mission statements similiar to this one. Although it's not my cup of tea, I don't doubt God is using them for His purpose.

As for Obama's specific church and him personally, I'd have to get into the pew to hear what they were preaching to know for sure if it was a Bible believing church. The first three mission statements, although a little vague, give me hope. And Obama...again, like you I'd have to meet him.

I think there's just too little information here to know for sure. The one thing I'm sure of is a God could use a church like this and I can't tell from the mission statement that they're unbiblical.
    Last edited by Bannister; January 18th, 2008 at 06:13 PM.
    1 Corinthians 13:1 "If I speak in the languages of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

Quote Originally Posted by Bannister
    ...With that said, in this case I look at that mission statement and I think, God uses all different kinds of worship styles for His kingdom.
    Therein lies the key phrase "His kingdom" not man's kingdom.
    A church is to further the cause of Jesus Christ not any man. We do this through ministry.
    The Mission Statement being, taken from http://www.tucc.org/about.htm

The Pastor as well as the membership of Trinity United Church of Christ is committed to a 10-point Vision:
    1. A congregation committed to ADORATION.
    2. A congregation preaching SALVATION.
    3. A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION.
    4. A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.
    5. A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION.
    6. A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION.
    7. A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF AFRICAN PEOPLE IN DIASPORA.
    8. A congregation committed to LIBERATION.
    9. A congregation committed to RESTORATION.
    10. A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY.
    I have no issue with ministering to anyone. I just have an issue with men excluding others in the name of God. I don't care what country you're from. God is not a respecter of persons. If he is no respecter of persons, then who am I or anyone else to exclude people?
    I'm so there when I read this statement, until I see statement #4. Then I have to go back to #1 and ask "Who are they adoring?" #2 "Who is salvation for?" and in light of statement #4 "Who, then, cannot be saved?" and #3 "Who's reconciliation?"
    Christianity is not about man, it's all about the LORD Jesus Christ. This vision statement makes it about man. If we may be of a similar background, then you know John 3:16-17. It is the crux of the gospel
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    "For God so loved the world ..." That's the whole world, anybody, including those in the USA and Africa. Not excluding everyone except those that favor Africa or Africa itself. Am I not allowed to worship the LORD Jesus Christ in this church if my burden isn't for the Africans but for Russia or China? That's not Biblical and yet, in this church it is "non-negotiable". This is a form of legalism that the Bible clearly preaches against. What did Jesus say?
    Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
    "Go ye therefore and teach ALL nations..." He never made a list of nations, He said all. This includes the USA and Africa and excludes no nation. That's the problem I have.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Thread Information