Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could someone please explain to me...

Could someone please explain to me...

Could someone please explain to me what I did wrong exactly?

Saturday I posted a thread saying I thought it was odd that the HSBC tower caught on fire a day before Bill Clinton was having a Hillary fund raiser there. I insinuated that it was sabotage and the thread was "axed". Why? I see a lot worse threads out there that people on this forum write and they are not silenced.

What did I do that was so wrong?

God only knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron O'Brian

Saturday I posted a thread saying I thought it was odd that the HSBC tower caught on fire a day before Bill Clinton was having a Hillary fund raiser there. I insinuated that it was sabotage and the thread was "axed". Why? I see a lot worse threads out there that people on this forum write and they are not silenced.

the admins probably thought it was inappropriate and dumped it....i agree with their decision....

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    the admins probably thought it was inappropriate and dumped it....i agree with their decision....
    And what is inappropriate about asking a question? Should we NOT talk about things like, United Airlines Flight 93 that was going to crash into the Capital Building? Or 9-11? Or the war in Iraq? Or maybe we shouldn't talk about religion? Or how about all the insulting posts that are written on this forum? - Let's delete those threads too.

Hypocrites.

And what is inappropriate about asking a question? Should we NOT talk about things like, United Airlines Flight 93 that was going to crash into the Capital Building? Or 9-11? Or the war in Iraq? Or maybe we shouldn't talk about religion? Or how about all the insulting posts that are written on this forum? - Let's delete those threads too.

Hypocrites.

Yeah, we need conspiracy theory BS like we need another bogus woe is me race related thread.
    Come to think of it, BTT posted non-stop about conspiracy crap until he got sick and tired of getting smacked upside the head with facts, so now he cries about racism non-stop.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    Yeah, we need conspiracy theory BS like we need another bogus woe is me race related thread.
    Come to think of it, BTT posted non-stop about conspiracy crap until he got sick and tired of getting smacked upside the head with facts, so now he cries about racism non-stop.
    That doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed. If anything an open dialog will reveal truth and fallacies.

You did nothing wrong.

Conspiracy threads, anti-authoritarian threads for the most part are frowned upon here (it seems)

Sure, there have been PLENTY of threads complaining about government incompetence, corruption from the local to federal levels,
    questions about police integrity (Gipson, alleged drug use)
    and
    a variety of threads that have guessed at the true motivation behind legislation for illegals, the neglect and downright abuse of our veterans & soldiers (active duty)
    and
    hundreds of other issues that our government and media have given NO credible answer to

But once someone enters into "conspiracy land," you enter a minefield of mockery and "mental instability" on this MB

9/11 conspiracy theorists were consigned to their own private forums months ago on this MB.

A lot of members thought (and still do) believe that ALL "conspiracy theorists" are NUTS,
    so threads that
    propose ideas contrary to the norm
    (what the mainstream media dumps on us)
    are often treated with mockery, disdain and not taken very seriously, which is a testament to how fearful or close-minded some people are

By the same token, I've "seen" some highly intelligent and rational writers on this MB who for reasons I can't fathom, simply refuse to consider the possibility that our goverment is "lying to us."

Even been some cryptozoology threads (Lake Champlaign monster)

There have been tons of posts mocking our "esteemed elected officials and neo-con media"

There have been PLENTY of posters who have questioned WHERE the funding for the war in Iraq has gone with a lot of agreement on how the war profiteers are making record profits off of torment and death

In fact, there SHOULD be an "Iraq War" thread which criticizes this "war"

But us "conspiracy nuts" (thank you for that label, mainstream media) are not taken very seriously here.

Yes.

It is patently impossible for our government to work in subversive collusion with other nations and corporations to achieve their goals regardless of the human cost,

but

its cool to talk about ghosts in other threads

Example:

There is no question that GWB stole TWO elections, but try and convince most people of this terrifying fact and you'll get the cold shoulder or laughed at.

Way of this warped world.
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfounded
    You did nothing wrong.

Conspiracy threads, anti-authoritarian threads for the most part are frowned upon here (it seems)
    It's nice to see that some people aren't afraid of asking questions.

No big deal, Aaron!

Its just a matter of giving a crap if other members on this board like, approve or agree with you.

Most people don't want to venture into territory might shatter their illusion of safety and comfort;Its always easier to side with the majority than to "think outside of the box"

Yes, I've ranted and raved about all kinds of stuff, from police persecution, government conspiracies and went insane every time Timmy would write an anti-semetic remark,
    but I now I have 5 or 6 members on "ignore" because we just "don't get along" and
    frankly,
    I can't stand some members and the reverse is true;Some can't stand me and that's OK

But even when a "conspiracy" thread is backed by facts or very compelling "coincidences," those who believe in any theories/facts contrary to the media's spin are "mentally imbalanced" or at the very least,
    crazy.

Like I said before, its safe, comfortable and "empowering" to side with the majority,
    kinda like a crowd of cowards ganging up on a kid at school

I'm not knocking every single member who dismisses truth-seekers (conspiracy theorists),
    just the lazy complacent clowns who sling insults
    to feel that fleeting sense of superiority-
    Just like people do in "real life"

EX: Bush ignored warnings of terrorist attacks on 9/11 in detailed daily Presidential briefings so by not taking preventative action, Bush & Cheney ALLOWED 9/11 (or some of the attacks) to occur.

Now as irrefutable as the above statement is,
    it won't penetrate most people's "logic" because our government, our fake Democracy, our patriotic leaders would NEVER allow innocent civillians to be murdered as an excuse to go to war with a soverign nation who had NOTHING to do with 9/11, thus allowing non-bidding war profiteers to leech hundreds of billions off of the Iraq war.

As much as I enjoy the challenge of dissecting a flimsy story (for a coverup), I've come to realize that demanding new investigations into 9/11 or any other injustice is a total waste of time (to me)

If polls are to be trusted, most people actually buy into the myth of the "powerful liberal media" whose influence is undermining and destroying the foundations upon which America was built, such as "family values" and "religion"

And if by some miracle the truth behind some government coverups actually became public, backed up by facts and a media with a reborn conscience,
    many people would STILL be in denial, because the truth not only "hurts,"
    but for many,
    the truth is downright "terrifying,"
    so the "crazy conspiracists" are mocked, derided and driven into relative isolation (sometimes on this MB)

Some subjects, like the JFK, RFK, MLK ect conspiracies usually do not generate much interest on this MB.

UFOs? I think there HAVE been surveys/threads on those AND parnormal experiences.
    By all means, do a keyword search on "weird" topics to see how popular some are

Try not to take the intentional or accidental deleltion of your thread personally, Aaron.
    Ain't worth it.

Let me put it this way:

There are dyed-in-the-wool "proud Republicans" on this MB who do not realize or will acknowledge that in reality there is NO MORE REPUBLICAN party
    as they've (politicians' legislation) strayed far away from their core values (Republicans)
    Barry Goldwater saw this betrayal (of conservative beliefs) decades ago

Emma Bull

Its just a matter of giving a crap if other members on this board like, approve or agree with you.
    I really don't care if the agree or disagree with me. I believe that a civil argument can bring people new perspectives and ideas. The fact that there are crazy right wings and crazy left wings out there arguing. That means that people see both sides and often people land on a moderate viewpoint.

Try not to take the intentional or accidental deleltion of your thread personally, Aaron.
    Ain't worth it.
    The deletion of my thread, worries me because it's editing free speech. I didn't break any rules or try to offend anyone. This is an open forum. Why would anyone think what I wrote wasn't worth discussing, more so than ghosts or UFOs. They didn't have to agree with me and they could even prove me wrong. But no one will even explained why they think I am wrong.

Its odd to me that an open forum - isn't truly open.

I really don't care if the agree or disagree with me. I believe that a civil argument can bring people new perspectives and ideas. The fact that there are crazy right wings and crazy left wings out there arguing. That means that people see both sides and often people land on a moderate viewpoint.

The deletion of my thread, worries me because it's editing free speech. I didn't break any rules or try to offend anyone. This is an open forum. Why would anyone think what I wrote wasn't worth discussing, more so than ghosts or UFOs. They didn't have to agree with me and they could even prove me wrong. But no one will even explained why they think I am wrong.

Its odd to me that an open forum - isn't truly open.
    Please ask the moderator "Speaker" (the dude with the Grover Cleveland painting) if the deletion of your thread was accidental or intentional and if the latter, WHY?

If the deletion was an accident, then by all means, start the thread up again.

If the deletion was intentional, let us ALL hear WHY your idea wasn't suitable to this message board"

Emma Bull

I can't stand some members and the reverse is true;Some can't stand me and that's OK

i like you...but only in a man-hug kinda way......unless i'm one of those that you have on ignore....in which case i don't like you...

Please ask the moderator "Speaker" (the dude with the Grover Cleveland painting) if the deletion of your thread was accidental or intentional and if the latter, WHY?

If the deletion was an accident, then by all means, start the thread up again.

If the deletion was intentional, let us ALL hear WHY your idea wasn't suitable to this message board"

speaker is a mod in her mind only,imho....

I posting this http://leap.cc/cms/index.php?name=Content&pid=28

and it got deleted, that's when I thought policemen on this site were the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth
    I posting this http://leap.cc/cms/index.php?name=Content&pid=28

and it got deleted, that's when I thought policemen on this site were the mods.
    Interesting video. I personally don't understand the ban of marijuana. 80% of people smoke it or has smoked it. It's such a stupid law and I truly believe I will see marijuana legalized in my lifetime.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information