Thread: Ron Paul Set To Raise Millions On MLK Day

Thumbs up Ron Paul Set To Raise Millions On MLK Day

The Ron Paul campaign is hoping to once again raise millions in a single day on January 21st, Martin Luther King day.

So far over 6000 visitors to the website http://www.freeatlast2008.com/ have pledged to donate to Dr Paul on the national holiday in another mass donation day organized by grass roots supporter Trevor Lyman.

Lyman was the brains behind the record breaking donation days on November 5th and December 15th last year that raised $4.3 and $6 million respectively, pushing Paul's fourth quarter earnings to around $20 million, making him the biggest GOP fundraiser closing out 2007.

In addition to raising donations, the website is encouraging supporters to take to the streets:

This is our day to blanket the streets with the message of liberty. Our goal is to make every city look like the Lincoln Memorial lawn of Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech.

March through your cities and towns, contact your meetups for more information and make this day a day for freedom. Confirm your commitment to march at RonPaulMarch.com!

Ron Paul plugged the latest donation day on CNN yesterday as he eloquently defended himself against ludicrous claims of racism rehashed by a recent article in the New Republic, which he put doewn to the "anti-Ron Paul movement".

Paul commented, “Rosa Parks is one of my heroes, Martin Luther King is a hero because they practice the Libertarian principle of civil disobedience, non violence.” He continued, "Racism is a collectivist idea you see people in groups, civil libertarians like my self see everybody as an important individual. It is not the color of the skin that is important as Martin Luther King said it is the character that is important.”

“I attack two wars that Blacks are suffering from” Paul said, referring to the Iraq war and the drug war. Paul also said, “I would pardon all blacks, all whites, everybody that was convicted of non violent drug crimes.”

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ronpaul2008a.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	1603  

Thread Information