Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser

Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser

The Lutheran Church Home is hosting a spaghetti dinner on Friday, November 19th, 5:00-7:30PM at the home, 217 East Delavan Avenue, just two blocks east of Main Street. The traditional dinner will include: spaghetti, meatballs, salad, bread, assorted homemade desserts, and beverages. The cost: Adult:$7.00, Children 12 years and under: $4.00, children 3 years and under are free. All proceeds will be used toward new resident dining room furniture. Please join us for a fun-filled evening! For more information, call: 882-1231

Seriously folks, if you are looking for a nice, inexpensive dinner, please join us. The Lutheran Church Home is located at 217 East Delavan, just two blocks east of Main Street, on the right hand side of the street, in a delightful old building. Promise, the dinner will be great! Hope to see you there.

Can you imagine the ridiculous dinner conversation if all the people on these boards showed up?

LOL- be nice therising, the events board is not like the other one to analyse the posts.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    THerising.. would that be cool though? One big food fight!

I say let's do it! I can't see a riot breaking out in a Nursing Home, but then again...

I thibk it would be a last. Especially if everyone showed up, but no one identified themselves.
    How long would it take to figure out who's who?

Re: Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser

Let's not show any disrepect for the original post on the events board.

Originally posted by wheresthesun

The Lutheran Church Home is hosting a spaghetti dinner on Friday, November 19th, 5:00-7:30PM at the home, 217 East Delavan Avenue, just two blocks east of Main Street. The traditional dinner will include: spaghetti, meatballs, salad, bread, assorted homemade desserts, and beverages. The cost: Adult:$7.00, Children 12 years and under: $4.00, children 3 years and under are free. All proceeds will be used toward new resident dining room furniture. Please join us for a fun-filled evening! For more information, call: 882-1231

Typo - meant to say "think it would be a blast"

This is an interesting concept. The speak up people show up, meet each other, eat a lot, and discuss topics. Sounds like the beginning of a true grass roots organization. If we gain enough membership, we could actually become a power broker organization in the city. I will be there supporting the cause (new furniture for the facility) and I look forward to meeting all of you. I will wear a burgundy shirt.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    All proceeds will be used toward new resident dining room furniture
    Exactly what type of furniture are we thinking about and what do you believe the final purchase price is? I'm curious what the fund goal is.

Hi. I am the original poster of this message and I have to say that I am not the least bit offended by the thread. I am glad that it gained this much attention and I really appreciate the opportunity to "get the word out."

The furniture, good question; it is very expensive, thousands actually, and likely our proceeds from this event will make only a small dent. The Home's foundation will cover the majority. However, I am going to try to convince the administrator to allocate a percentage of the proceeds (or perhaps any matched funds) for resident activities, as the activity budget is small and effects residents directly. How does that sound?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Get a number. Gotta set a goal of how much you need

OK, here's the deal: I spoke to our administrator and she is not in favor of changing beneficiaries midstream, so the proceeds will go toward dining room furniture. Each chair, I believe, is upwards of $1,000; we need 72. Shipping, alone, is 11K. Ridiculous you say? Tell me about it. Someone cornered the market by making institutional chairs for adult care facilities. Gold plated, you ask? Nope, just "special" upholstery and wheels on all chairs. In any case, the monies raised will go toward a good cause and we will continue to take good care of our residents.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What is the link to the company who makes these chairs.. I know if i'm giving money to something I like to know what the product is.

I see what good office chairs go for so I can easily see some type of "medical" chair being completely over priced

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information