Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polls or Machine

Polls or Machine

So were the polls wrong that had Obama so far ahead or did the machine make sure Clinton won the New Hampshire Primary yesterday?

By machine I'm referring to the people/corporations/powers that be who control the U.S.
    Peace Out Funky

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet Fog
    So were the polls wrong that had Obama so far ahead or did the machine make sure Clinton won the New Hampshire Primary yesterday?

By machine I'm referring to the people/corporations/powers that be who control the U.S.
    I think a little of both. Did you know 6,000 Hillary workers descended on NH? That's a small town! They drove elderly people to and fro polling places. Not too mention the "non tears" scenario (real or fake). It excited women to vote, cause they came out in record numbers.

At the same time, I think the polls were actually more towards being a statistical tie.

Quote Originally Posted by CSense
    I think a little of both. Did you know 6,000 Hillary workers descended on NH? That's a small town! They drove elderly people to and fro polling places. Not too mention the "non tears" scenario (real or fake). It excited women to vote, cause they came out in record numbers.

At the same time, I think the polls were actually more towards being a statistical tie.
    Unfortunately, I think the machine is going to ensure a Hiliary victory.
    Peace Out Funky

It was another pathetic turnout for the younger voters who when polled said they would vote Obama, but then never showed at the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulJonson
    It was another pathetic turnout for the younger voters who when polled said they would vote Obama, but then never showed at the polls.
    Was there an 85% turnout as CNN was claiming early on? Thats an extremely high number.
    Peace Out Funky

Was there an 85% turnout as CNN was claiming early on? Thats an extremely high number.
    From CNN:
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/...lts/index.html

"Age is also playing a big factor -- older voters are overwhelmingly outnumbering younger voters -- a proportion that is clearly benefiting Clinton," Schneider said. "Sixty-seven percent of Democratic primary voters are over the age of 40, and they are breaking heavily for Clinton over Obama."

From CNN:

"Age is also playing a big factor -- older voters are overwhelmingly outnumbering younger voters -- a proportion that is clearly benefiting Clinton," Schneider said. "Sixty-seven percent of Democratic primary voters are over the age of 40, and they are breaking heavily for Clinton over Obama."
    The youth--18-30 yr olds have no idea just how important this election is for the country.
    Peace Out Funky

The youth--18-30 yr olds have no idea just how important this election is for the country.
    Of course they don't, and when Hillary gets elected, they'll be the biggest complainers.

From CNN:

Boy, I was really stunned by the outcome. I predicted Obama, and figured Hillary was toast.

And I believed Hillary's tears were genuine. Now I'm having second thoughts. I'm sure the sweep of Hillary workers into NH helped, but it can't possibly be the whole answer......

Is it possible Hillary actually is electable?

Is MTV still Rocking the Vote? Or have they given up on the youth too?

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    Boy, I was really stunned by the outcome. I predicted Obama, and figured Hillary was toast.

And I believed Hillary's tears were genuine. Now I'm having second thoughts. I'm sure the sweep of Hillary workers into NH helped, but it can't possibly be the whole answer......

I honestly believe we have no choice--all smoke and mirrors. They let us believe we actually have a voice.
    Peace Out Funky

Is MTV still Rocking the Vote? Or have they given up on the youth too?
    MTV only rocks some bi sexual girl making out with guys and girls now. They have fuly sold out--but if I'm not mistaken their owned by one of the big 4 or 5 media outlets that control everything we see and hear.
    Peace Out Funky

MTV only rocks some bi sexual girl making out with guys and girls now. They have fuly sold out--but if I'm not mistaken their owned by one of the big 4 or 5 media outlets that control everything we see and hear.

Agreed, MTV is too busy looking for the next reality show. I hear Real World 48 is going to be with animals from the Brooklyn Zoo.

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    It just means that some people in NH think that she is slightly better than Obama.

I honestly believe we have no choice--all smoke and mirrors. They let us believe we actually have a voice.
    I disagree. You always have a choice. It's called casting your vote. You may not like how others cast their votes, but in the end, you will always have your right to cast a ballot as you see best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information