Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How does this happen?

How does this happen?

I worked with this man. I know he loved his girls. What provoked him to become this angry? I'm at a loss for words.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=54259
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Women will do that to ya.
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

Quote Originally Posted by NoCtUrNaL
    May Lorena Bobbitt be your next wife!
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michele J
    (Gets a chill)

Do you think it was anger or could it have been desolation, depression, hopelessness? At this point though, I guess figuring that out isn't much help. I feel bad for the girls. I hope they have some family to help them get through this.

Quote Originally Posted by Michele J
    Another shining example of an emotionally mature and psychologically balanced woe-man.
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

combination of things

He probably was insanely jealous, probably saw most of what he worked for going down the tubes, talked to a Lawyer, and it was too much for him to handle. Now the moron orphaned his children, devastated the wife's family and friends, not to mention his own. He worked in prison, knew he didn't want to end his life inside, so he snapped. Terrible tragedy. Maybe Judges will start hammering guys who break the piece of paper called an order of protection.

Quote Originally Posted by NoCtUrNaL
    and this is another shining example too!
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by mesue
    I worked with this man. I know he loved his girls. What provoked him to become this angry? I'm at a loss for words.

You knew this person? OMG. Any hint, even the tiniest one, that he might do this?

I ask because people are always shocked with something like this happens, and they always say something like.....he was such a nice person, a family man, loved his kids etc. And I can't figure out how people don't see tragedy coming at all.....

How is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Deerhunter
    He probably was insanely jealous, probably saw most of what he worked for going down the tubes, talked to a Lawyer, and it was too much for him to handle. Now the moron orphaned his children, devastated the wife's family and friends, not to mention his own. He worked in prison, knew he didn't want to end his life inside, so he snapped. Terrible tragedy. Maybe Judges will start hammering guys who break the piece of paper called an order of protection.
    You can't hammer a dead man. Of course he knew what it was like in jail. I always said that if I ended up in jail, I would sock a CO, get the snot knocked out of me because I would "need" subduing for the one punch and serve my sentence in SHU. Hopefully on the quiet gallery
    Last edited by mesue; January 9th, 2008 at 01:55 PM. Reason: it was a you/i thing in the same sentence :O
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    You knew this person? OMG. Any hint, even the tiniest one, that he might do this?

I ask because people are always shocked with something like this happens, and they always say something like.....he was such a nice person, a family man, loved his kids etc. And I can't figure out how people don't see tragedy coming at all.....

How is that possible?
    He would complain about things and people, but don't we all? He was a nurse. As a nurse we're supposed to see that kind of anger and recognize that it needs help. It's one thing to be fighting angry and quite another to be killing angry.
    I told my daughter there's only one anger a man will kill his wife over, and that's another man. The article said she went back to college. Maybe she met some one. Please know that I do not know this as fact, I'm just guessing.
    It all breaks my heart.

hum

This is called the Jekyll and Hyde syndrome from a domestic violence view point. I am sure there was much more going on inside his brain that only a therapist could identify however, this type of out comes are not rare. They are more common than you may think. (My view, and opinion are my formal professional experiences.)
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

ahh

He would complain about things and people, but don't we all? He was a nurse. As a nurse we're supposed to see that kind of anger and recognize that it needs help. It's one thing to be fighting angry and quite another to be killing angry.
    I told my daughter there's only one anger a man will kill his wife over, and that's another man. The article said she went back to college. Maybe she met some one. Please know that I do not know this as fact, I'm just guessing.
    It all breaks my heart.

CONTROL...It was all about CONTROL NOT ANGER. He knew actually what he was going to do to her. Yes, He planed out her killing in his own head CONTROL. He felt so out of control inside himself by killing her he re-gains his own control inside his own mind. This is jackal and Hyde Syndrome.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37
    CONTROL...It was all about CONTROL NOT ANGER. He knew actually what he was going to do to her. Yes, He planed out her killing in his own head CONTROL. He felt so out of control inside himself by killing her he re-gains his own control inside his own mind. This is jackal and Hyde Syndrome.
    You sure it wasn't a little of both? We all have control some where in our lives, that's why some people drive like knuckle heads. It's a control issue. They have no control else where so they try to control others on the road way. I.e. not letting you pass, cutting you off and so on ...

Anger, frustration, depression etc are all very real when a long term relationship ends and only someone that has experienced that can really understand what this guy was feeling.
    Its a kin to death without the comfort of any kind of closure.

I was a basket case going thru my divorce (the two of us where together 20 yrs) and I have to admit there are moments when she calls or picks up the kids for her weekly visit that its almost like its starting all over again. The rage, The anger, The wondering just what the hell went went wrong and who's fault was it.

Not making excuses for the guy he obviously went cuckoo, just trying to answer the original question
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information