Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live by the sword , die by the sword , "Quote -Lancaster Town Attorney R.Sherwood"

Talking Live by the sword , die by the sword , "Quote -Lancaster Town Attorney R.Sherwood"

Was the removal of Lancaster's Town Attorney - truly what some residents think they saw ?

It’s not clear whether a vote to dismiss you (the Town Attorney) was ever taken.
    Can anyone prove the "Controlling Majority" was unaware of the move to remove Mr.Sherwood prior to Jan.03 ?

It’s not clear when the decision was made.
    Board Members pretending to be "unclear" about any issue is not unique - true ? Do you truly believe this was a decision Mr.Giza made alone - spur of the moment ?

It’s not clear who made the decision to dismiss you.
    Isn't this the way the Lancaster Town Board - including Mr.Sherwood have operated for years - things happen , but no one is clearly responsible - and some aren't happy about the situation , but it or they don't change the out come ? ! .

Later you learn that your good friend and former boss, Supervisor Robert Giza deceptively claims you retired. Then he claims he didn’t notify you at all. Finally, he makes his first statement appear to be a lie and contradicts his second statement by admitting he sent a note informing you of your dismissal.
    Did Mr.Sherwood submit a notice of intent to retire ? ? - Has anyone seen a notice of intent by Mr.Sherwood to stay on as or seek reappointment to the position of Town Attorney.

Does anyone know if Mr.Sherwood will be "Employed" as a consultant to the Town of Lancaster in the future ? Or any other "local position"?

Is giving some one the highest possible rate of Tax Payer funded "Pension and Benefits" for life , truly doing him a "injustice?"

Has he been publicly embarrassed - has the press exposed anything relating to what transpired - as is usually what they insure happens to others ?

As Mr.Sherwood said many times to others he's helped ruthlessly defame , Politically or personally -

Quote: "Live by the sword , die by the sword."

To be honest - I don't feel any compassion for the person who has helped protect so many shady deals (including the William and Aurora St. transaction- in which he financially benefited from).

He has swung the sword at many without regard for them - its only fair that he gets to feel the blade!

#Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

It seams all the focus has been on how it was done,not why,And the only place it was reported was here?
    It also was no shock that the first person to sound as if he was jumping to the defense of Dick,was his business partner ,Dan.
    So then WHY was he not re apponinted???

The whole situation is a mess but ... does anyone know, is there any policy as to whether a town employee has to give advance notice of retirement (like minimum of two weeks)? Seems Sherwoods notice only hours prior to the board appointing new council, to retain all benefits, wouldn't be legal (I'll put ethics aside for now) Can anyone advise as to the legality of this move.

santos23: The whole situation is a mess but ... does anyone know, is there any policy as to whether a town employee has to give advance notice of retirement (like minimum of two weeks)? Seems Sherwoods notice only hours prior to the board appointing new council, to retain all benefits, wouldn't be legal (I'll put ethics aside for now) Can anyone advise as to the legality of this move.
    Sherwood was not going to be reappointed. This was obvious from the Organizational agenda publically distributed by the Clerk's office on the preceeding Friday afternoon.

Dudziak was being appointed Town Attorney at a salary of $40,000. Giza said at Monday's meeting that they would outsource some of the town attorney's work.

Considering there were week's in advance rumors that Sherwood would not be reappointed, considering the previous week's agenda named his replacement, why should Sherwood have to give notice to the town.

His only responsibility was to contact the NYS Retirement Department and file for retirement and to freeze his benefits to ensure he didn't get screwed out of them.

Sherwood is gone and not too many tears will be shed. We should now be concerned as to how much the new "part time" Town Attorney will accomplish and how much the town will have to spend in outsourcing legal work. I'm sure a "cost analysis" was performed, NOT!

predictions

If the new Town Attorney is competent - I assume he is !

He will be able to handle the load.

He will seek or be given a raise soon enough because Mr.Giza will sight his "work load"

The Developers have good lawyers who will be only too glad to help !

Nothing changes except the name on the paychecks.

Time will tell ! Don't be surprised what we all see when the smoke clears !

I also agree - Its funny the only Town Board Member expressing outrage is Mr.Sherwoods partner Mr.Amatura -

-

Lets see , the meeting agenda is prepared in Town Hall - usually by the Town Clerks office and legal staff - at least four days before the actual meeting - the Town Board Members get a copy delivered to their door on Friday at least three days time to look at it - So isn't it a little hard to swallow , no one knew until just before the start of the work session - how did the Democratic Committeeman get there so fast , to make his speech ?

Smoke!

The cost of doing legal business in Lancaster will go up and fast. Just heard that one of the Attorney's doing business for the Town will be Jeff Switek, and his cost is around $ 160.00 per hour. and that's not cheap for going rate. The fact that they ( the Town board used him in the past goes to show that they had thoughts of a change) The time he rep. the town in the Latello deal and sided with the Union stating that the town was wrong in promoting Latello and Sherwood stated it was only the opinion of the arbertrator. wrong agian and the cost to the twon will increase again to cover Sherwoods butt and dirty deals.

4248 predictions
    If the new Town Attorney is competent - I assume he is !
    But, is he? I hear he specializes in crimminal law

He will be able to handle the load.
    Not according to Giza. That is why they will be outsourcing some of the legal work.

He will seek or be given a raise soon enough because Mr.Giza will sight his "work load"
    You think? There goes the cost analysis and the board's plan.

The Developers have good lawyers who will be only too glad to help !
    Or, will developers be quick to threaten to file law suits against the town knowing the town will buckle because of legal outsourcing costs?

Nothing changes except the name on the paychecks.
    Agree!

Time will tell ! Don't be surprised what we all see when the smoke clears !
    Too true!

I also agree - Its funny the only Town Board Member expressing outrage is Mr.Sherwoods partner Mr.Amatura -
    Perhaps Amatura was outraged because be was strongarmed into giving up on his idea to primary Giza, agreed to do so based on the Dems reappointing Sherwood (who would have supported Amatura) and then got boned.

Lets see , the meeting agenda is prepared in Town Hall - usually by the Town Clerks office and legal staff - at least four days before the actual meeting - the Town Board Members get a copy delivered to their door on Friday at least three days time to look at it - So isn't it a little hard to swallow , no one knew until just before the start of the work session - how did the Democratic Committeeman get there so fast , to make his speech ?
    Come on 4248, you can do better than that. Sherwood's dismissal was rumored for weeks. The agenda naming Dudziak Town Attorney came out on Friday. The Dem committeman had at least dour days prior notice before he attended the Town Board meeting.

Amatura, Sherwood and others waited to see how long it would take for the town to have the decency to call Sherwood and tell him he was gone.

Giza said he sent him a memo. Right, at 4:45 p.m. on Monday. But how did the committeeman know the approximate time the memo was issued? Hmmm!

Not too many people will shed a tear for Sherwood, but he was owed the decency of a phone call from a Supervisor and/or board members whose asses he saved on many occasions.

Sherwood's gone; on to new adventures and more community boning.

Why would Lancasters Town Board hire a "Criminal - Lawyer"

Quote Originally Posted by pudge
    But, is he? I hear he specializes in crimminal law!
    Gee ! Why would Mr.Giza and friends hire a "Criminal Lawyer" as Lancaster's Town Attorney ?

Sherwood's gone; on to new adventures and more community boning.
    Lets give him a going away party , for him and all his friends - I'll reserve a booth at Mac Donald's ! Boo Hoo Ha Ha !!!!!

Welcome to Lancaster NY

Loyalty goes both ways, folks.
    What appears to be a heartless act of disloyalty could actually be a response to one. And, I'm certain some of you already know this.

Rising: Loyalty goes both ways, folks.
    What appears to be a heartless act of disloyalty could actually be a response to one. And, I'm certain some of you already know this.
    Loyalty and politics is oxymoronic. In the Lancaster Democratic Party loyalty is recognized as blind aherence to what the Party Chair and his minions dictate. Stray one iota away by challenging their thought process or self-serving interests and you are no longer a player.

Amatura was going to challenge Giza in the primary for Supervisor. The Conservative Party was considering backing Amatura. The DEMS cut a deal with the conservative party chair. John Abraham, his boy, would be appointed councilman.

To quiet Neil Connelly, who was nominated by Sherwood, they offerd him a post on the planning board. Mark Aquino, Conservative Party, was appointed to fill Abraham's vacated position on the zoning board.

Cutting deals with the Conservative Party didn't set well with many Democratic committeemen.

Considering Giza didn't win by much, the other town candidates didn't get much vote interest and that the "unaffiliated" rank is growing and are pissed and waiting for a viable candidate, the Republican Party is reorganizing, ridding itself of the old guard, the inner party fighting and self interest types and may build quickly to present a formidable opponent for this coming year's councilman election.

We need more than a Jim Ward who was endorsed by a fractured and inept political party. We knew the Independence party was taken over by the DEMS, the conservatives sold out and the "blanks" had nowhere to go.

Here's hoping the newly organized group presents a united front and future viable opponents.

Pudge,
    Who is heading up the reorginization?Who is in the group?
    I recall getting a flyer last fall there was some meeting the repubs held at the elks lodge?Is that the group?

Smile You never can tell !

Loyalty and politics is oxymoronic. In the Lancaster Democratic Party loyalty is recognized as blind adherence to what the Party Chair and his minions dictate. Stray one iota away by challenging their thought process or self-serving interests and you are no longer a player.

Amatura was going to challenge Giza in the primary for Supervisor. The Conservative Party was considering backing Amatura. The DEMS cut a deal with the conservative party chair. John Abraham, his boy, would be appointed councilman.

To quiet Neil Connelly, who was nominated by Sherwood, they offered him a post on the planning board. Mark Aquino, Conservative Party, was appointed to fill Abraham's vacated position on the zoning board.

Cutting deals with the Conservative Party didn't set well with many Democratic committeemen.

Considering Giza didn't win by much, the other town candidates didn't get much vote interest and that the "unaffiliated" rank is growing and are pissed and waiting for a viable candidate, the Republican Party is reorganizing, ridding itself of the old guard, the inner party fighting and self interest types and may build quickly to present a formidable opponent for this coming year's councilman election.

We need more than a Jim Ward who was endorsed by a fractured and inept political party. We knew the Independence party was taken over by the DEMS, the conservatives sold out and the "blanks" had nowhere to go.

Here's hoping the newly organized group presents a united front and future viable opponents.
    Maybe just a strong "Blank" Party - wouldn't it be a hoot if the majority of "infrequent voters" actually banned together and voted to end the two party stage show ! What a concept !

I'm in !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248
    Maybe just a strong "Blank" Party - wouldn't it be a hoot if the majority of "infrequent voters" actually banned together and voted to end the two party stage show ! What a concept !

I'm in !
    It would probably be successful.

Which is why, prior to the last election, I kept asking you folks why you don't back a viable candidate, instead of the birds. And I all got were a bunch of blank stares.

Originally Posted by 4248

I'm in !
    rising quote: It would probably be successful.

Which is why, prior to the last election, I kept asking you folks why you don't back a viable candidate, instead of the birds. And I all got were a bunch of blank stares.
    Having a candidate running on a minority party line will get you nowhere!

There was no viable candidate in the past year's election.

The write-in ballot was a trial balloon to see how many residents would actually take the time and make an effort to do one - not many.

The last election was in the bag for the DEMS especially when they cut a deal with the Conservatives. Imagine, DEMS and Conservatives in the same bed. Lorrigo should be ashamed of himself. Yet, lawyers and developers are welcome in Lancaster and do as they choose as long as they feed the campaign coffers.

The DEMS had the money to destroy any opposition, within their party and outside, and they did. Ward was just a pimple on their ass and they spent just enough money, and threw up just enough signs to make it look like there was competition.

Giza did not fair well and the rest ran unopposed. The town is pissed and this was the last election the DEMS will waltz through the election.

Even politicos in other municipalities are shaking their heads and commenting, "how low can a party go to maintain its power base?"

Having a candidate running on a minority party line will get you nowhere!

There was no viable candidate in the past year's election.
    Pudge,
    I just don't follow you. You, and others, are always maintaining that there are big issues in the Town, and that lots of people are disgusted.
    The last election showed that you may have a point.
    So, if Ward was able to score whatever he did (40 something %), without even lifting a finger, don't you think that a halfway well-known and well-respected person in the Town could do better?
    And, maybe get fifty-something percent?

I can't believe your attitude of "They're soooo powerful, we'll NEVER win." That's lame, in my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information