Thread: I"m curious

Tony Fracasso - Admin

I"m curious

I"m not knocking police..

We do hear they risk thier lives every day while at work. I supposed even the ones that are behind a desk all the time..

But in Iraq, how much does someone on the front lines make per year versus a cop in the suburbs? or county sheriff?

I dont' know, but I hear the private security people for haliburton and the other "connected companies are making upwards of $150,000 per year plus exspenses.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    But you didn't answer my question.

I asked

But in Iraq, how much does someone on the front lines make per year versus a cop in the suburbs? or county sheriff?
    I was refering to a soldier.

Need a military guy

I have no idea what a soldier makes. Why, do you think they could hire out for a private security firm cheaper ?

You missed my point. We have soldiers potroling and securing the most dangerous areas over there and being paid peanuts.
    We have private security outfits that have goverment contracts guarding oil facilities and not running patrols and policing areas and getting koilled, making getting paid ten times as much.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

Excuse my spelling and grammer errors, I hope my message was understandable.

Military pay varies from years of service to rank and professional level (IE- military doctors, etc.) A 20 year officer makes more than a 2 year cadet.

I found a chart on the internet of a military pay chart, but it's very complex if you don't know what you're looking for.

I'll just put it up here and maybe one of you can determine how much a soldier makes. The numbers are quite impressive but vague, to say the least.

I hope in what I found will not lead into a thread about how the military is a raping of government monies. Dispite our thoughts on the war, we have to remeber that our servicemen and women are risking their lives everyday to provide us with the long-time liberties that we have been born into. Yes, signing on as a soldier is a voluntary thing, but for the sake of freedom there are many means to 'paying the price'. So I ask, please don't mistaken what I found and posted as another nitch to bi^ch on the site.

Click here to view a pdf format version of a Military pay chart

Thread Information