Thread: This thread is for Food Pyramid discussion. Started by Admin by moving posts

This thread is for Food Pyramid discussion. Started by Admin by moving posts

It's a nice lookin' pyramid, but I would put the fruits and vegetables on the bottom and also flip flop the oils and sweets and put the dairy on top.
    If I could have anything in that pyramid right now I'd take the strawberries. What about you MJ? Which one would you eat right now.?
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenco

It's a nice lookin' pyramid, but I would put the fruits and vegetables on the bottom and also flip flop the oils and sweets and put the dairy on top.
    If I could have anything in that pyramid right now I'd take the strawberries. What about you MJ? Which one would you eat right now.?
    I think I would also have some strawberries & maybe the banana too
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenco

Dear Stevenco,

"have a nice day"

Sincerely,

Effigy

Do you know that's not actually what the food pyramid looks like anymore? This is the new one:

1 Corinthians 13:1 "If I speak in the languages of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

Are twinkies part of a low-carb diet and where do they fall on the pyramid? How about lemonheads?

Quote Originally Posted by wheresthesun
    Are twinkies part of a low-carb diet and where do they fall on the pyramid? How about lemonheads?
    You can eat anything you want, baby. I like you Chunky especially for the wintertime.

I dont see any corned beef on rye in there. UmmKay...

All I see is fish and pumpernickel.

I don't see anything on either pyramid that I ate today. There's no perogi's, golumpki's, or kielbasa. (Guess where I ate today.)

What we need is for someone to translate it into the Buffalo food pyramid, so we can see where pizza and wings fit in.

I mean, come on, there's no Frank's hot sauce, Webber's mustard, Sahlen hot dogs, or Vernor's on either of them.

a Buffalo food pyramid. Now you're all thinkin'.
    Who's job is it to make it? I don't know all that powerpoint stuff and that. .

[QUOTE=gshowell]I don't see anything on either pyramid that I ate today. There's no perogi's, golumpki's, or kielbasa. (Guess where I ate today.)

Hey you shoulda called me Im always looking for a good pierogi!
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

Yesterday I had a "Just Pizza" sesame crust pizza w/onions & spinach. I think it took up the entire bottom and next-to-bottom rows on the food pryamid.

MY FOOD PYRAMID:

1) Vegetables
    2) Fruits (low on the Glycemic Index)
    3) Protein, low fat only (dairy products should be either organic or from Goat's milk, because of the hormones and antibiotics in cow's milk)
    4) Grains: ONLY whole grain breads.
    5) Fats, very little (Omega 3's, like in salmon)

And water, lots of water.
    No pop, beer, milk, just water, black tea and black coffee.

The BUFFALO FOOD PYRAMID?

1) Vegetables:
    ONLY fried, especially french fries, salsa-NO fresh "healthy" vegetables: They are POISON

2) Fruits:
    Fried fruits, chocolate covered oranges,
    chocolate covered cherrys. Fresh fruit is NOT "healthy" like "fresh vegetables," fresh fruit is POISON

3) Protein:
    Chicken wings, beef on weck, subs, pizza, more chicken wings, hamburger, beef jerky, more chicken wings, hoagys, 2 lbs of fatty steak per day,

4) Dairy:
    Ice cream, high-fat milk, gallons of Bleu cheese for the chicken wings, milk shakes, chedder cheese dip, egg McMuffins,

5) Grains:
    3 - 5 large loaves of bread per day,
    potato chips, cake, Hostess Ho Ho's, cheese puffs, pretzels, donuts, pancakes, waffles (with a quart of maple syrup), more donuts, nasty @ss "breakfast" bread drenched in sugar and goo, lasagna, spaghetti, fried dough,
    All grains must have LOW or NO fibre content to promote good constipation

6) Fats:
    5 sticks of butter per day

And salt.
    1 lb of salt per day.
    Salt is good for blood pressure and that healthy, glowing bloat we Buffalonians proudly wear!

Beer, pop, and hard liquor: 1 - 2 gallons per day. Coffee and tea ONLY with lots of cream and sugar!

Water is ONLY to be used for bathing, cleaning and cooking.

NO vitamins, but 5 lbs of candy per day is highly recommended for good health!

THAT'S how we eat in Buffalo, darn it!!

"Talking proud!!!"

Jesus...I got sick writing that...
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

This reminded me of my sister who used to refuse to eat the tomatoes my mother grew outside. She said they were raw and grew in the dirt. She only liked tomatoes in spaghetti sauce. She also would not drink the milk from the local dairy farm...she said it came right from the yucky cow and would only drink it when bought from the store.

It was all about the packaging for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfounded
    The BUFFALO FOOD PYRAMID?

1) Vegetables:
    ONLY fried, especially french fries, salsa-NO fresh "healthy" vegetables: They are POISON

2) Fruits:
    Fried fruits, chocolate covered oranges,
    chocolate covered cherrys. Fresh fruit is NOT "healthy" like "fresh vegetables," fresh fruit is POISON

3) Protein:
    Chicken wings, beef on weck, subs, pizza, more chicken wings, hamburger, beef jerky, more chicken wings, hoagys, 2 lbs of fatty steak per day,

4) Dairy:
    Ice cream, high-fat milk, gallons of Bleu cheese for the chicken wings, milk shakes, chedder cheese dip, egg McMuffins,

5) Grains:
    3 - 5 large loaves of bread per day,
    potato chips, cake, Hostess Ho Ho's, cheese puffs, pretzels, donuts, pancakes, waffles (with a quart of maple syrup), more donuts, nasty @ss "breakfast" bread drenched in sugar and goo, lasagna, spaghetti, fried dough,
    All grains must have LOW or NO fibre content to promote good constipation

6) Fats:
    5 sticks of butter per day

And salt.
    1 lb of salt per day.
    Salt is good for blood pressure and that healthy, glowing bloat we Buffalonians proudly wear!

Beer, pop, and hard liquor: 1 - 2 gallons per day. Coffee and tea ONLY with lots of cream and sugar!

Water is ONLY to be used for bathing, cleaning and cooking.

NO vitamins, but 5 lbs of candy per day is highly recommended for good health!

THAT'S how we eat in Buffalo, darn it!!

"Talking proud"
    This Buffalo food pyramid is pretty good, but...I'd like to make one change.

Under grains I suggest we change the 3 to 5 loaves of bread to... 3 to 5 loaves of Placek, loaded with butter, a day.

I loves me some Placek.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy
    This reminded me of my sister who used to refuse to eat the tomatoes my mother grew outside. She said they were raw and grew in the dirt. She only liked tomatoes in spaghetti sauce. She also would not drink the milk from the local dairy farm...she said it came right from the yucky cow and would only drink it when bought from the store.

It was all about the packaging for her.
    Fresh milk that takes me back. I remember helping my father milk the cows and bringing fresh milk to the house for breakfast.
    If you walk around in a forest with your eyes closed you will eventually walk in to a tree.

2 + 2 = 5

Jesus died for your sins I do it for your mere entertainment dollar (Doug Stanhope)

Thread Information