Thread: Carl Paladino has a new tin hat..

Carl Paladino has a new tin hat..

I know I said leave Carl alone.. but this made me laugh with the title..

Paladino files complaint alleging conspiracy in Buffalo schoolsCarl P. Paladino alleges in a complaint to the U.S. Attorney's Office that several Buffalo Public Schools officials, the teachers union president and a School Board member are involved in a conspiracy to benefit from school district business.

"The black and union cabal controls purchasing, contracting, teachers and administrative assignments, appointments, etc., smothering and hindering the district's ability to teach but nevertheless spending $25,400 per student," Paladino wrote to U.S. Attorney William J. Hochul Jr.

Č A "pay to play" scheme paved the way for exclusive contracts for vendors who gave money to the district's nonprofit foundation, whose income and expenditures are not subject to public-disclosure laws.

Č The board provided "an illegal gift of public funds" to Deputy Superintendent Folasade Oladele, who received a $215,000 buyout in June as part of a separation agreement, which is about four times more than her contract stipulated.

Č Rumore heavily influences board elections and deliberations over key issues, compromising the board's objectivity regarding negotiations with the union.

Paladino alleges that school district officials have violated the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, or RICO, a federal law crafted four decades ago to prosecute organized crime. The applications of that law have expanded over the years, such as to prosecute companies for price-fixing, experts say, but Paladino's attempted use of it is rather unusual.
    full article..

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article486561.ece

This is Carl's way of getting some attention and this won't fix the district. Nothing will come of it and it will just cost money for no reason.

I actually agree that there is a lot to be fixed in the district. There are other lawsuits he could file and actually win, but this isn't one of it. For example he could sue the state of NY based on the law of Free appropriate education and how their mandates are preventing it. He could also probably sue the district for that, just talk to the unconnected parents who have children with autism and couldn't get their kids in the program.

It's good he brought the "pay to play" to the attention of the new school board president though.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Why wouldn't government education be restricted by RICO laws? The entire point of government education is to provide jobs at the expense of the local citizenship, at gunpoint if you choose not to pay. Similar to the mob. Education, if any, is a side product.

IMO, he's speaking basic facts.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

Folasade Oladele

Isn't that the name of that 60's hit song by those 2 nuns?
    Last edited by ILOVEDNY; July 12th, 2011 at 08:35 PM. Reason: backing off the spelling police
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    THe community is being told what they will be charged and it never goes down. Ever. Then if you can't pay you have to move if you can't afford your home. All while quite a few government employees technically play the system to maximize return at our expense.
    If you really want to do something for the kids.. I'd say we do everything we can do to lower are cost of living in NYS.

It still doesn't matter.. This lawsuit won't get very far.

Like I said if he did a little more research into education law, he could easily sue not just the school district but also the board of regents.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Quote Originally Posted by ILOVEDNY View Post
    Folasade Oladele

Isn't that the name of that 60's hit song by those 2 nuns?
    I think you mean this one, don't you????

http://youtu.be/-_S699qfY0A
    I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about.

it is not a lawsuit - it is a complaint to the us attorney's office

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    it is not a lawsuit - it is a complaint to the us attorney's office
    lmao..

I am an idiot sometimes..

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers77 View Post
    I think you mean this one, don't you????
    Yepper.
    Tragic life for the nun who wrote this tune
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

I just think the news headline itself is hilarious. They make Carl Paladino seem like Charlie Sheen.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedFeminist View Post
    I just think the news headline itself is hilarious. They make Carl Paladino seem like Charlie Sheen.
    They are doing that on purpose.

Carl does have faults but over the years he has helped more people that most elected officials ever claimed they have. It would be nice if we could stick a "carl filter" between Carls brain and lips before he speaks..BUT..that won't happen

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

Carl does have faults but over the years he has helped more people that most elected officials ever claimed they have. It would be nice if we could stick a "carl filter" between Carls brain and lips before he speaks..BUT..that won't happen
    I read the letter Carl wrote and he has some excellent points but the way he words it makes his case less valid.

He should know better and leave anything having to do with race out of his complaints. Mary P.'s piece today wasn't too hard on Carl and focused on the points of the letter rather than it being written by Carl Paladino.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

ROTFLMAO. I suppose you still believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, too.

Paladino has never "helped" anyone but Carl Paladino unless there was something in it for him.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D View Post
    ROTFLMAO. I suppose you still believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, too.

Paladino has never "helped" anyone but Carl Paladino unless there was something in it for him.

I didn't say Carl never helped himself. I said Carl behind the scenes has helped quite a few people throughout the years... I know he has personally helped more people with his own money versus most elected officials who usually only help people with other people's money not their own.

Thread Information