Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Standing Up for what's right!

standing up for whats right

before people start posting pro-haxton blogs...they should attend a council meeting and see what an idiot this woman is. she's nothing but a "pot stirrer" ----- just going from one thing to another....never solving anything..just getting publicity...and that's all she ever wants..maybe she should start doing something constructive instead of destructive. she has been arrested for stealing cable, her brother had to call the orchard park police on her a couple of months ago because she was causing trouble there. she owes sales taxes on her business, property taxes on her business and her home, hasnt paid her mortgage in more than a year ( she'll probably blame someone else on that too) plus she owes $3000 to the EC water authority....she doesnt have the brain or retention factor of a pea. She shouldnt be a elected official. she holds court in a neighborhood restaurant and holds everyone but herself accountable for her life....DO LIKE THE REST OF US DO---------GET A JOB.

Get A Life!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulJonson
    Did you see the story? She is behind 3 years in payments and her properties look like hell.

I Live in the first ward and even though my home was built in 1994 the Majority of apartments / homes here are rundown ran by slumlords. I don't think Andrea's Ridge road property is all that bad. Matter of fact after you drive into the first ward on Ridge road all you will see is either vacant properties or run down buildings. She did her best to keep her building presentable and the surroundings clean. Politics just ran her down. She is not a slumlord, she just has slum residents. Yes she is behind on her taxes but also knowing how hard it is to evict non paying residents, i can see where she may have fallen behind. Plus we don't know whatever financial situations she may be going through. Things happen, bad health, getting laid off etc.. does anyone care to hear what she may be dealing with? Thats the problem with us Americans today, we judge before we know the complete story. Andrea is representing the first ward with all she's got. I commend her for sticking up to the crocked politicians we have in our council. Which is worse crooked politics or someone owing back taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by toms
    before people start posting pro-haxton blogs...they should attend a council meeting and see what an idiot this woman is. she's nothing but a "pot stirrer" ----- just going from one thing to another....never solving anything..just getting publicity...and that's all she ever wants..maybe she should start doing something constructive instead of destructive. she has been arrested for stealing cable, her brother had to call the orchard park police on her a couple of months ago because she was causing trouble there. she owes sales taxes on her business, property taxes on her business and her home, hasnt paid her mortgage in more than a year ( she'll probably blame someone else on that too) plus she owes $3000 to the EC water authority....she doesnt have the brain or retention factor of a pea. She shouldnt be a elected official. she holds court in a neighborhood restaurant and holds everyone but herself accountable for her life....DO LIKE THE REST OF US DO---------GET A JOB.
    Which restaurant is this, i'd like to see what the hell your talking about. This is a first to me

Quote Originally Posted by Gork315 View Post
    Who can we blame for the problems in this city? The mayor, city council, and/or the voters? How can anyone be pleased with the way our city is being run? How can voters re-elect members of this corrupt party to the same positions? I am totally shocked with disbelief that this is happening....and the mayor claims we have a positive image for our city and its moving forward..

I wonder what goes through the minds of these followers in the democratic party that they wake up everyday saying. . ."Ya know, these guys are doing a great job!" Pathetic!!!! I am sick of this administration and city council!!! When will realization and change happen?? When Lackawanna is soooo far at the bottom of the barrell that there is no hope of bringing it back??? And then we'll elect some new faces that will have the fullfilling job of fixing this mangled wreckage of a city government. Shame on them all!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookinforanswers View Post
    It's worse than you think. These arrogant *&^#s actually got up and walked out of a meeting while she was talking. No adjournment, just left!!

Problem is not enough people get involved and the Dems get reelectedandreelectedandreelectedandreelected.

It is a slap in the face to everyone!

Look at my post from earlier, they raised taxes over 25% or 2 million dollars and pat themselves on the back!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gork315 View Post
    I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this news story. My hats off to a city council who has reached an all time low. What will it take for the people of this city to open their eyes to the abuse, corruption, and dirty politics that take place??? GET OUT AND VOTE!!! Keep electing your friends and buddies in return for favors and jobs in the city and elsewhere!!! I felt sick when I read the news story! Well.... be proud that we now have a city council that instead of upholding our rights now sets out to limit them!!!

What is the consequence for violation of the city charter in not allowing a councilmember to speak???? People of this city should be ashamed that our city is furthur being dragged through the mud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookinforanswers View Post
    Hit the nail on the head, tooth!!

They have been tormenting her since she started askin questions. Fired (sorry, didn't reappoint) the Council secretary because she helped this councilwoman. That is her job, to work for all the councilmen. Single mom of a disabled child. Nice work from the party "for the people."
    Thread started January '08 titled "Standing up for what's right". Here is your chance Lackawanna, to stand up for what is right! They put Haxton through the ringer while she was councilwoman, she takes a lickin', but keeps on tickin'! She'd probably ride a horse naked through the city to get the attention of the sleeping populace, if she thought it would make a difference.

Lackawanna is doomed if Szymanski gets in. The sheer arrogance of running for Mayor after 6 years of inertia is enough to piss off the pope. He should give back all of those paychecks, generated by the taxpayers, for him to do Nothing!

Who is willing to take that leap of faith and bring Pirowski on board. He has no experience in politics and if elected council president will be an apprentice on the council. Excuse me, but shouldn't the inexperienced start at the bottom? Perhaps they should offer him an Internship.

Aside from what these clowns did to Haxton while in city hall, they have taken the city down to it's lowest level...ever. Szymanski looks like a fool (I've heard on here that he did, and he didn't) if he wrote a sex offender law that isn't enforced. What happened to the thriving market/restaurant at the slaughterhouse? Why doesn't Lackawanna have a supermarket or a famer's market? Why was the new bridge built without any consideration of public safety at all? Why does code enforcement go after certain property owners while city hall crumbles? Why aren't the playgrounds safe and up to date (sheeesh, you would think people are asking for DisneyLand to be built).

You all know the facts, even those who want to deny anything is wrong. This is time to do some soul searching and set things right in this city. Watkins and Haxton are the best hope for a new Lackawanna. These old posts demonstrate outrage at city hall, let's not forget the damage done by doing nothing!

YNOTNOW, you are so right.

Cool Thank You!

A great BIG thank you to ALL our Veteran's, current Military, and their families!

Whoever said, "Freedom is NOT free" sure said it well, we might not be able to freely say whatever we want if they did not take a stand!

Bravo, Vets!

I think I will take a ride out to the Post on Rt5 at Lake in Angola for their Beef on Weck (nice menu)later........it is the biggest, tenderest, and best, probably a longggg wait for a table today. Please go and support them someday---I know not to make promises, but I promise you, you won't say, " Where's the beef? "!!!

You're right about that Beef Sandwich Andrea. It is the best! You sure will not walk away hungry!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information