Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Desired changes to West Seneca's Code of Ethics

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer
    .....Is it fair to surmise that in essence it gives more control and influence to fewer ?
    I think the arguement is downsizing from 5 to 3 presents numerous technical problems. There are other legal manuvers which could accomplish Mr. Gaughan's goals (saving money) better such as government consolidations of town to town, or town to city, or town becoming city without impacting on voter representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer View Post
    What was the legal proceeding you reference in this instance ?
    Mavromatis v. West Seneca

.....Is it fair to surmise that in essence it gives more control and influence to fewer ?

That is one possibilty. Another is because there are so few on the board the board may be rendered ineffective in time of an absence or disqualification of one ore more board members.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Oh, dan...................

Its been two days since the three stooges on the TB hired a HIGH PRICED
    ATTORNEY FROM ROCHESTER to represent them in the appeal of Judge Mintz's
    ruling and no response from you yet.
    Do they have the right to meet prior to a scheduled board meeting
    and vote on spending TAXPAYER money?
    Is this a violation of the open meeting law?
    Shiela Meegan told WBEN Radio she had no idea that an attorney was hired.
    Vince Graber told channel 2 he didn't care that he was spending taxpayer
    money, he told CH 2, " sometimes you have to do what you have to do. " Maybe he should write a check to pay for the attorney.

We now have BOVE, GRABER and CLARKE meeting behind CLOSED DOORS
    and making decisions without public input. Any response????

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Larry View Post
    Its been two days since the three stooges on the TB hired a HIGH PRICED
    ATTORNEY FROM ROCHESTER to represent them in the appeal of Judge Mintz's
    ruling and no response from you yet.
    Do they have the right to meet prior to a scheduled board meeting
    and vote on spending TAXPAYER money?
    Is this a violation of the open meeting law?
    You obviously do not read before you post. They voted to retain Harris Beach PLLC at the October 6, 2008 Town Board meeting. See http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=59

The Open Meetings Law allows public bodies to meet in executive session (no public allowed except by invitation) for purposes of discussing pending litigation (POL § 105(1)(d)). So no it would not be a violation of the open meetings law to hold a meeting in executive session for purposes of discussing this litigation among themselves.
    I find it hard to believe that she did not know an attorney was hired since as noted above she voted for it at the October 6, 2008 TB meeting.
    Vince Graber told channel 2 he didn't care that he was spending taxpayer
    money, he told CH 2, " sometimes you have to do what you have to do. " Maybe he should write a check to pay for the attorney.

We now have BOVE, GRABER and CLARKE meeting behind CLOSED DOORS
    and making decisions without public input. Any response????
    As I mentioned above the retaining of outside counsel is due in part because of the conflict created by Mr. Piotrowski's support of this measure.

You should also read my post here: http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=12
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

my appology..........

I must have dozed off somewhere between Christine Bove
    praising how great the Halloween Parade is and waking up
    when Clarke asked Wally if he was a Communist

But thank you for the info.

Can you tell me which of the stooges hired the HIGH PRICED
    ATTORNEY?

I must have dozed off somewhere between Christine Bove
    praising how great the Halloween Parade is and waking up
    when Clarke asked Wally if he was a Communist

But thank you for the info.

Can you tell me which of the stooges hired the HIGH PRICED
    ATTORNEY?
    I believe Mr. Graber made the motion, I don't know who seconded it, but the vote was 4 to 1.

This type of activity would be prohibited under my proposal: http://www.westseneca.net/pbmin08/pb080214.html

Sheila Meegan, 3 Cathedral Court, stated she was present on behalf of her nephew Michael Murphy who lives at 15 Fisher Road. Her nephew expressed concerns with flooding in his back yard and the fractured sewers caused by the heavy traffic on Fisher Road. The residents who belong to that sewer district must then bear the cost of those damages caused by the heavy traffic of vehicles on the road.
    A member of the Town Board who has a vote in the membership of the planning board should not appear before the planning board representing the interest of another.

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    This type of activity would be prohibited under my proposal: http://www.westseneca.net/pbmin08/pb080214.html

A member of the Town Board who has a vote in the membership of the planning board should not appear before the planning board representing the interest of another.
    I think it was a major mistake on the part of Shiela Meegan and Michael Murphy her nephew. If you look through the minutes of the meeting, everyone spoke for themselves except Michael. It would appear that either Michael could not speak for himself, or he expected a better treatment because he was asking essentially for the town to cover his sewer repair expenses which are normally covered by homeowners. Shiela Meegan is not a lawyer, and she would not appear to be influence peddling if she had not appeared, and Michael (aka FisherRd) would still have his anonymity. His shilling for his aunt I guess would appear to be repayment of the favor.

This post is from back in October, and isn't it interesting that attorney representation for the town is still a topic of conversation. Isn't it interesting that the new town attorney lasted less than 24 hours.
    Maybe, Wally could act as both the supervisor AND the town attorney. No, scratch that.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    I think it was a major mistake on the part of Shiela Meegan and Michael Murphy her nephew. If you look through the minutes of the meeting, everyone spoke for themselves except Michael. It would appear that either Michael could not speak for himself, or he expected a better treatment because he was asking essentially for the town to cover his sewer repair expenses which are normally covered by homeowners. Shiela Meegan is not a lawyer, and she would not appear to be influence peddling if she had not appeared, and Michael (aka FisherRd) would still have his anonymity. His shilling for his aunt I guess would appear to be repayment of the favor.

Either the person doing the minutes is wrong, or Sheila had her wires crossed. The issue was having the new development's sewers being tied in to the ones on Fisher (that already have previous documented issues). Traffic is a completely seperate issue, that had nothing to do with the sewers.

Gary Schoene, what happened? You sent me multiple Private Messages crying about people using your real name, and thanked me for not doing so. It appears as though you've had a change of tune.

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post

How did I forget this...
    It's a good thing nobody takes a faux lawyer with too much time on his hands seriously.

What part don't you like Danny? The part where she identifies herself, myself, and our relationship? Yeah, that sounds like something somebody looking to pull a fast one would do...I can see how that would look shadey.

You realize that her job as a councilwoman is to represent the interests of "another", right?

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Either the person doing the minutes is wrong, or Sheila had her wires crossed. The issue was having the new development's sewers being tied in to the ones on Fisher (that already have previous documented issues). Traffic is a completely seperate issue, that had nothing to do with the sewers.
    Why is it that you did not speak for yourself, everyone else on your road did. If you had there would have been no possibility of misstatement. What is interesting is that she spoke on behalf of no one else that night even though she is everyone's councilperson. What it appears is that she is your voice before the town and you are her voice on the local board. The fact that you use the foul language you do is of concern acting as her spokesperson as you do.

Gary Schoene, what happened? You sent me multiple Private Messages crying about people using your real name, and thanked me for not doing so. It appears as though you've had a change of tune.
    Yes indeed Michael, in a number of our private messages I complained about your language...
    Quote Originally Posted by PM Exchange
    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel
    We are not on the same playing field. I would gladly sling chit with you except that people know who I am. How would it sound 'local dentist calls internet poster A-hole, dumb ass, retard, chit face?' With regard to me, how about cutting it out
    Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    I know you're stuck between a rock and a hard place in that regard, and you're correct, the playing field isn't level...

(let's face it, the persona I bring to the board is one of an ahole, and a jerk...I don't think anyone reading this forum would disagree including me).

Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Don't let the little stuff bug you.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    Why is it that you did not speak for yourself, everyone else on your road did.
    That completely gross overstatement not withstanding, I was unavailable.
    If you had there would have been no possibility of misstatement. What is interesting is that she spoke on behalf of no one else that night even though she is everyone's councilperson.
    Well you just stated "everyone else on your road did", so who else was she going to speak for, Einstein?
    And you wonder why I think you're a frigging idiot?

What it appears is that she is your voice before the town and you are her voice on the local board. The fact that you use the foul language you do is of concern acting as her spokesperson as you do.
    Cry me a river about foul language. Back before you were banned (using the Niagara handle) you had quite a few nasty things to say. Racially charged as well. In fact, they were mostly about the kind of people Americorp wants to help. Yet here you are being Lazzara's and Americorp's "voice" as well as Graber's and Bove's.
    As I mentioned, and as you can easily look up for yourself, I don't champion any of her cause because I don't know what they are.
    BTW, who got your niece that no-show job? Who was her "voice", or don't you want to talk about that?

Yes indeed Michael, in a number of our private messages I complained about your language...

Who said anything about those PM's? I specifically stated the PMs were about you crying about people using your real name. Where are the PM's crying about others using your real name? You know, the ones where you thanked me for not using it even though I new who you were? Did you save those too, Gary?

Heck Gary, just think, now that you know who I am, you can "sling chit" with me any time. Isn't that great news? I'll bet you're thrilled. What are you waiting for?

Manual/Niagara's identity has been known for a long time but Fisher Rd is news to me. So Fisher Rd is part of a WS political family dynasty; current and past Town Board members. Interesting.......

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead View Post
    Manual/Niagara's identity has been known for a long time but Fisher Rd is news to me. So Fisher Rd is part of a WS political family dynasty; current and past Town Board members. Interesting.......
    Not as interesting as you seem to think, but whatever gets you through a day I guess.

We're not exactly talking "The Kennedy's" here.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information