Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The position of Deputy Town Comptroller

Back to the Topic

There are some real concerns in the Town Comptroller's Office. The department is costly, inefficient and corrupt. Piotrowski and Bielecki have already been spanked by DiNapoli.

Hopefully DiNapoli will look into this office and expose the blatant corruption that exists.

Where is Frank Sedita?

Frank Who? What party is he? What did he do to the prosecuter who went after your former supervisor for wrong doing? He fired him!

From: http://www.buffalonews.com/city/comm...icle516799.ece

The board voted unanimously to stop “out-of-title-pay” for Linda Kauderer to work as acting deputy comptroller — a role she has filled along with her official job title of “account mini computer operator” since the previous deputy comptroller retired in 2006.

Councilman Dale F. Clarke said the interim job promotion had effectively given Kauderer a $20,000 raise that was never authorized by the Town Board, but instead was put into place by Town Comptroller Robert J. Bielecki.

“You’ve got no right giving bonuses to any of your employees,” Clarke told Bielecki after calling for a vote on Kauderer’s pay.

Bielecki, however, said he was authorized as a department head to approve the “out-of-title- pay” for the additional work Kauderer has been doing outside of her union job classification.

“It’s very simple,” Bielecki told the board. “If you do the work, you get paid.”
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Great job Dan Warren!! I heard she was falsifying people payroll records for Piotowski and Bielecki friends.

There are other Civil Service Violations!! Don't Stop Dan!!!!

KUDOS, Dan. Will she have to pay back the monies that she has received without authorization of the town board?

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    So in what perspective is it permissible for a Town Supervisor to include, for at least two budgets, appropriations for a position that was abolished by a resolution of the Town Board and may not even exist under N.Y. Town Law?
    Isn't the supervisor also the budget director? Does he read the details of the budget he approves?

Georgia L Schlager

Don't believe everything you read. If you go back and read the 2011 budget meeting minutes, you will see that the WHOLE town board approved the increase to her salary. She did nothing illegal at all. It's a shame how people accuse others of crimes when they have no proof of the charges. OP is trying to get back at Piotrowski because he can't stand him. These accusations are all politically motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by truth seeker View Post
    Don't believe everything you read. If you go back and read the 2011 budget meeting minutes, you will see that the WHOLE town board approved the increase to her salary. She did nothing illegal at all. It's a shame how people accuse others of crimes when they have no proof of the charges. OP is trying to get back at Piotrowski because he can't stand him. These accusations are all politically motivated.
    Even if what you say is true how do you explain 2009 and 2010? Also exactly where in those minutes did they do this in your mind for 2011?
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Did Piotrowski vote for or against the motion at the last town board meeting removing the $20,000 increase?

Everyone is giving kudos to Dan, but if I were Linda Kauderer, I would file a defamation suit against the town. This is a personnel issue and should have been handled behind closed doors and not in the media. I don't recall any town airing their personnel issues in the newspaper, except W.S. When you eliminate town positions, someone has to set up and fill the job responsibilities for the vacated spot. No one said a word when Pinnavia took over as Code Enforcement officer and received out-of-title pay. This is the same situation. And BTW, its funny how Dale Clarke mimics the threads on this site when replying to questions thrown at him. I guess when you don't have the ability to do the job on your own, you have to resort to Speak up to help you.

Ok so according to Dale Clarke Ms. Kauderer was receiving an unauthorized $20,000 to be deputy comptroller. He then said her pay should have been around $50,000. Why then did he approve a budget authorizing her to make $68,243 in 2009, $70,252 in 2010 (which actually carried the title of Deputy Comptroller) and $76,602 for this year? You seriously expect us all to believe that this just went unnoticed for the last 3 years?

And isn’t it a coincidence that Mr. Warren just happens to bring this up on here and a special meeting is called to handle it a few weeks later? I have it on very good authority that Councilman Clarke is getting a lot of his ideas from this website (Take a look back at the GPS debacle.) Hell of a way to stay informed and run this town. This whole issue and meeting was nothing more than political BS meant to discredit Piotrowski and his supporters going into Primary Day.

Looking at this whole situation, at best Clarke is incompetent, at worst he is a liar and a hypocrite, personally I think he is both. And while I was happy to sit back and let the chips fall where they may this election cycle, after Monday night, I am really thinking of taking a more active role in exposing Mr. Clarke to the public to make sure the community knows exactly who and what they are voting for in September.

Piotrowski voted in favor of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendKiller View Post
    Ok so according to Dale Clarke Ms. Kauderer was receiving an unauthorized $20,000 to be deputy comptroller. He then said her pay should have been around $50,000. Why then did he approve a budget authorizing her to make $68,243 in 2009, $70,252 in 2010 (which actually carried the title of Deputy Comptroller) and $76,602 for this year? You seriously expect us all to believe that this just went unnoticed for the last 3 years?

And isn’t it a coincidence that Mr. Warren just happens to bring this up on here and a special meeting is called to handle it a few weeks later? I have it on very good authority that Councilman Clarke is getting a lot of his ideas from this website (Take a look back at the GPS debacle.) Hell of a way to stay informed and run this town. This whole issue and meeting was nothing more than political BS meant to discredit Piotrowski and his supporters going into Primary Day.

Looking at this whole situation, at best Clarke is incompetent, at worst he is a liar and a hypocrite, personally I think he is both. And while I was happy to sit back and let the chips fall where they may this election cycle, after Monday night, I am really thinking of taking a more active role in exposing Mr. Clarke to the public to make sure the community knows exactly who and what they are voting for in September.
    There are some facts you are overlooking. I sent an e-mail to the entire town board (including Piotrowski) back on July 8, 2011. Apparently someone else was looking into this at the same time I was becuase Mr. Martin's memo was dated July 6, 2011 stating that this pay should stop. There was a regularly scheduled town board meeting on July 18, 2011, a special town board meeting on August 4, 2011 and then the meeting that took place on August 8, 2011. From the agenda for the August 8, 2011 meeting it was apparently called primarily to vote on the new PBA contract and a couple other personnel actions. So I don not see the cause and effect of my post on this site with this meeting.

Also just because the budget appropriates an amount for a position does not automatically transform into an authorization for a raise. They could be appropriating more money to that title to account for anticipated overtime or possibly a part-time hire. What controls the pay for an individual is what group and step they are in, not how much is budgeted.

So what if Mr. Clarke is getting his ideas from this website, it is not like he would have a monopoly on that. Other elected officials get some ideas from this site as well because this site is where their constituents discuss issues of concern. Perhaps Mr. Piotrowski should do the same.

I believe you scare the Hell out of Clarke if you take an active roll in the Primary. The only problem is which one Democrat or Republican. You give yourself way to much credit.I am glad Wally agreed she should not have been paid $80,000

Let's talk about the July 18 meeting. Mr. Clarke used the Comptroller's office as an example of an efficiently run department to justify hiring the daughter of the Senior Center Director. It's ok to speak about it in a positive light when it benefits getting something you want.

And again, you bring it up on here within a day of Martin issuing a letter about it? Coincidence? C'mon get real.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information