Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Rights of Citizens

I believe they should look into something like that or they can look into doing the same thing as State agencies are required to do now by webcasting their meetings. See http://www.ny.gov/governor/executive...eorders/3.html
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Reorg. meeting

I don't think there will be any changes at the re-org meeting. Wally can't do anything until he takes office. Then it will take some time for him to meet with the new town board members and make changes that they all feel fit to make. But I think in a reasonable amount of time, the town will see fit to change for the better. It's too bad that Paul Clark wasn't interested in taking his job seriously and improving the different department through the town over the last few years. If you look back on his tenure, not much was done. Its been the same old, same old for a long time. So lets give Wally a chance to work out his plan before we throw up our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by wantabe
    It's too bad that Paul Clark wasn't interested in taking his job seriously and improving the different department through the town over the last few years.
    Wally might be a nice guy, but nothing will change under Wally P. (name too difficult to spell). Sure the time of meetings might be more convenient, but nothing of vision will be accomplished. No Americorp project, no WMCA project, no soccarpark project, no Burchfield project. Nothing which will be pointed to over time as a major ring the bell improvement to the town of WS. Nothing. Maybe a boat launch along Buffalo Creek (already proposed), but no bike paths, nothing of visiion. Well, maybe an addition to the Senior Citizens Center....HaHa.

Furthermore, he is a lawyer who will be a part time supervisor, looking to feather his own nest through money (salary), and judgeship (easy work long term salary). What happened to Bove's run for supervisor. Fell through I guess. She would have made the best supervisor but it takes guts to run.
    Last edited by Niagara; December 24th, 2007 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren
    Another point, the town board may by resolution determine when during the month of January it shall hold its organization meeting since the Town Law does not prescribe any specific time. At the organization meeting the supervisor may make those appointments which are provided for by the board's rules of procedure and any other appointments provided for by the Town Law. Therefore to say nothin of importance will happen is disengenuous because it will be at this meeting that the appointments of town officers will take place. Also according to the town code it is at this, or as reasonable thereafter, that the town's procurement policy is to be reviewed.
    Who do you suggest should, could, or will not be reappointed? I do not see any changes.
    Procurement policy change, if they think of it by reading this forum. Americorp procurement may be outside the perview of the TB.
    But Ring the Bell improvements to the town to be held up for generations under WP, not a chance.

I really do not have anyone in mind, but it should be more than the town board rubber-stamping them. One person that I do not believe should be re-appointed is Notaro for reasons I have posted elsewhere in this forum.

Logic dictates that if we continue to do what we have always done we will continue to get what we always got. Change is not easy, but I believe necessary and something that we should strive for.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Niagara
    What happened to Bove's run for supervisor. Fell through I guess. She would have made the best supervisor but it takes guts to run.
    Where were you earlier this year, Niagara? Tina Bove made an all-out run for Supervisor in the September Democratic Primary. Plenty of mailings, signs, literature drops, even a big last-week-before-primary endorsement by Keane & Higgins. But, Wally Piotrowski defeated her by a comfortable margin in the Primary.

I wouldn't say "fell through", just short. It did take plenty of "guts" for Tina to run such a race, and now she needs to put all of that past aside and work together with Wally to act for the best interests of the Town.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night!

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy
    Where were you earlier this year, Niagara? Tina Bove made an all-out run for Supervisor in the September Democratic Primary. Plenty of mailings, signs, literature drops, even a big last-week-before-primary endorsement by Keane & Higgins. But, Wally Piotrowski defeated her by a comfortable margin in the Primary.

I wouldn't say "fell through", just short. It did take plenty of "guts" for Tina to run such a race, and now she needs to put all of that past aside and work together with Wally to act for the best interests of the Town.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night!
    As I said elsewhere, I am not a Democrat (geeesh), so I didn't hear of her loss in the primary. Maybe name recognition, or money got Wally P. the job. Bad choice IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren
    I really do not have anyone in mind, but it should be more than the town board rubber-stamping them. One person that I do not believe should be re-appointed is Notaro for reasons I have posted elsewhere in this forum.
    They can and probably should change all of them, except ML because I think he is a visionary, and done a good job.
    I understand that Tim Greenan is a decent fellow, but perhaps he should go also.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information