Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rights of Citizens

Far as I know, a private business office.

The public be heard?

As far as the public having a say-forget it. Everything is decided before they walk into the room for the board meeting. They know who is going to make the motions and who is going to second them. Decisions are made well ahead of time and we should have no reason to think our opinions count. Politics involves who helped who and what palm you greased. You're either on the inside or you're on the outside. If you're on the outside then they don't want to know what your opinions are. If you question their decisions, then they look at you as a trouble maker. How dare you want answers to how the government runs and how our tax dollars are spent! they basically think its none of our business.

Quote Originally Posted by Niagara
    I am curious as to your avatar. I think it is Grover Cleveland. You no doubt chose him because you admire him, he looks knowledgable, and the WNY connection. You do of course know personal conduct was an issue during his presidential run. "...reported that Cleveland had fathered an illegitimate child while he was a lawyer in Buffalo. The derisive phrase "Ma, Ma, where's my Pa?"..." And he seemed to enjoy his job...(as) "sheriff of Erie County, New York in 1870 and (he) carried out at least two hangings of condemned criminals, refusing to delegate the unpleasant task to others."

In short, we all have short comings. National politicians live far away, but local ones live next door. When some of those criticisms get personal, then their replies should also get personal. There is a fine line between constructive and destructive, and anonymous internet gang rape should be called what it is. No it is not a dictatorship, but no answers do not flow like water. The Clintons are a good example of that, and furthermore, elections are always just around the corner.
    Then why do you feel it is fine to criticize a person's avatar? This is not the first time you have done so.
    "paranoia runs deep, into your mind it will creep"

Quote Originally Posted by farmall806
    We have the right to question our public officials,

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!

When the Town Board has it's Pre-Town Board Meeting the night before the regular meeting that is open to the public, how can anyone possibly think that the regular Town Board Meeting is anything other than the Board Members just going through the motions, so to speak. They go through what is going to be brought up at the next night's meeting and they dot their I's and cross their T's. The meeting goes SOOOOOO smoothly.

If they are going to hold a pre town board meeting, or whatever you want to call it, then that meeting should be held in the Town Hall and not in some building that is on private property.
    Absolutely right! That's the basis of this question. When do we have a say? When are we told the truth? Or - are we just considered children that have to be hid away from the important decisions of the day - that actually impact us in the pocketbooks?

Quote Originally Posted by wantabe
    As far as the public having a say-forget it. Everything is decided before they walk into the room for the board meeting. They know who is going to make the motions and who is going to second them. Decisions are made well ahead of time and we should have no reason to think our opinions count. Politics involves who helped who and what palm you greased. You're either on the inside or you're on the outside. If you're on the outside then they don't want to know what your opinions are. If you question their decisions, then they look at you as a trouble maker. How dare you want answers to how the government runs and how our tax dollars are spent! they basically think its none of our business.
    Any major decision that iompacts citizens should have a public hearing. Someone needs to direct the town board to the Public Authorities Accountability Act. If anyone wonders what this is, just google it, and then start the FOILs - and then be prepared to follow up on them with higher authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokester
    Then why do you feel it is fine to criticize a person's avatar? This is not the first time you have done so.
    I was not critical of Grover Cleveland, I only made the observation that he chose GC, made speculation as to why he chose GC, and gave reference how GC was imperfect as we all are.

Any major decision that iompacts citizens should have a public hearing. Someone needs to direct the town board to the Public Authorities Accountability Act. If anyone wonders what this is, just google it, and then start the FOILs - and then be prepared to follow up on them with higher authorities.
    Perhaps you can interest Mr. Warren in your quest for greater accountability. Perhaps first have a meeting with town board, outline what you want, and if they do not comply, call out the cavalry. To not do so would reflect cowardice on your part.

Cowards?!!!

Perhaps you can interest Mr. Warren in your quest for greater accountability. Perhaps first have a meeting with town board, outline what you want, and if they do not comply, call out the cavalry. To not do so would reflect cowardice on your part.

Why do you always critcized and think the worst of people. I don't think you know how government works. You can call out the town board members, write to them or even go to meetings but you are not going to get answers to your questions if they don't want you to know! I don't believe you have ever dealt with the town before. Because if you had, you wouldn't be calling us cowards. Know of what you speak before you speak!

Why do you always critcized and think the worst of people. I don't think you know how government works. You can call out the town board members, write to them or even go to meetings but you are not going to get answers to your questions if they don't want you to know! I don't believe you have ever dealt with the town before. Because if you had, you wouldn't be calling us cowards. Know of what you speak before you speak!
    Maybe you missed the point. Mr. Jokster said "Any major decision that iompacts citizens should have a public hearing. Someone needs to direct the town board to the Public Authorities Accountability Act." and I said lookup Mr. Warren
    http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...758#post270758
    and interest him in your concerns, ask for a meeting together or individually with the town board, and state your concerns. What more guidance do you want. If I were interested, I would do it, but you are Mr. Wantabe (Heard), so YOU do it.

Maybe you missed the point. Mr. Jokster said "Any major decision that iompacts citizens should have a public hearing. Someone needs to direct the town board to the Public Authorities Accountability Act." and I said lookup Mr. Warren
    http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...758#post270758
    and interest him in your concerns, ask for a meeting together or individually with the town board, and state your concerns. What more guidance do you want. If I were interested, I would do it, but you are Mr. Wantabe (Heard), so YOU do it.
    You are so thick-headed as you have been informed a number of times that FOILs have been made and the town board has been contacted without results. You feel you can do it better? Then do it.

You are so thick-headed as you have been informed a number of times that FOILs have been made and the town board has been contacted without results. You feel you can do it better? Then do it.
    You have a new town board (practically), and you talked about some Public Employees Accountability Act. Form an organization of concerned citizens, West Seneca Concerned Taxpayer Alliance, just pm each other and there you go, and get a lawyer (Warren) to get your information. Take a petition around the neighborhoods. As far as doing better than you fellows, I am positive I could do better, but as I said, I am not the one complaining. Furthermore, I said to Psycho, run for office, he said he might. Why don't you and become an insider. If not that befriend an insider. I suggested that before also. At some point in time, as they say in the Nike commercial, JUST DO IT.

Not interested?

Dear Niagara,
    I find it hard to believe that you are not interested. You spend more time on the site than anyone else and you seem so concerned about what the rest of us should do but you don't care enough to do anything yourself. Pleaseeeeeeeeeee! How do you spell hypocrite?

It's interesting that 4thekiddies quit posting...I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact somebody was told to knock it off?
    Nah, it's a coincidence.

Dear Niagara,
    I find it hard to believe that you are not interested... How do you spell hypocrite?
    How do you spell lazy. Mr."I find it hard to believe" it is funny how you ascribe thoughts to others. Mr. Wantabe Heard wants to be heard, but does not know how to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by farmall806
    We have the right to question our public officials,

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!

When the Town Board has it's Pre-Town Board Meeting the night before the regular meeting that is open to the public, how can anyone possibly think that the regular Town Board Meeting is anything other than the Board Members just going through the motions, so to speak. They go through what is going to be brought up at the next night's meeting and they dot their I's and cross their T's. The meeting goes SOOOOOO smoothly.

If they are going to hold a pre town board meeting, or whatever you want to call it, then that meeting should be held in the Town Hall and not in some building that is on private property.
    If this is true and they had a quorum and members of different politcal parties involved it is a violation of the Open Meetings Law.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information