Thread: Flip Watch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Unregistered

Flip Watch

My "FlipWatch" post about two weeks ago focusing 2 current attempted-flips on eBay (& a 3rd flipped by same Fla "investor") has vanished.

Incredibly, MOHABIR SINGH admits he has not seen the two houses he has on eBay in the 14 & 17 months of his ownership. He does not even have keys for one house. He purchased all three of his Bflo "investments" from notorious flippers.

Both houses are directly connected to infamous flippers James Clark, finally gone from Bflo (thanks to efforts of Michele Johnson & Housing Court) & "First Lady" (Nechelle Vanias, North Carolina, 155 deeds since 2005).

On eBay:

> 224 Woltz (Mult. Res, AV $3K): owner "SORRY NO KEYS" SINGH MOHABIR, pd $5750, 9/19/06 to NOBLE VENTURES CDC, whose only Bflo buy at #224 was $10.5K, 3/14/05, from notorious flipper James Clark, who was finally driven out of Bflo.

"Noble Ventures" had been fined $9K 7/18/06 & $6K 8/206 by Housing Court. It is not known if those code violations ever been corrected on Singh's "Handyman Project", a three family house assessed at merely $3000 . . and lacking keys . . .

SEE: http://cgi.ebay.com/THREE-UNITS-BUFF...QQcmdZViewItem

> 237 Loepere (2 family, AV $3K): owner SINGH MOHABIR, pd $8701, 6/14/06 to JERAEMBE-NEW YORK LLC, whose only buy at #237 was $16190, 4/14/05 from notorious flipper First Lady. She paid $10877 for #237 the same day.

SEE: http://cgi.ebay.com/HANDYMAN-SPECIAL...QQcmdZViewItem

Singh also bought 292 Sobieski from First Lady for $27.8K on 4/18/06, his first buy in Bflo. She paid $10K for #292 the same day.

He flipped it at a loss for $12.9K to new-in-Bflo FISCHER SHANE LEO on 2/13/07.

As First Lady created losses for every buyer above she has a new website boasting of her "success story"

COPY: http://www.distanceinvesting.com/success_stories.asp

Success Stories

From Broke on Bed Rest with 3rd Child to Million Dollar Real Estate Company in less than 1 year.

It only seems fitting for my story to be the first success story here. One year I couldn’t afford a hotel room for my best friend’s wedding in Chicago and the next year I was building an 8 bedroom 6 ½ bathroom house because of my real estate investments. Now to get a full grasp on why gaining financial freedom is possible for everyone no matter how bad or good your current situation is, you need to understand fully what I was up against.

My husband had been laid off from the music industry and we had been running through our savings while I was on bed rest with yet our third child. His unemployment check and severance pay were ending and to make matters worse, we were going to be hit with a $1,200 health insurance charge monthly if we wanted to keep our health insurance. Well, with the third baby on the way and faced with the uncertainty of the further complications ahead, it was mandatory. That on top of all of our other bills (the mortgage, car note, maintenance on our NYC coop, private school tuition for our daughter and a myriad of other bills and debt from my previous Web development business) left us wondering how we would survive financially.

We had entered the Buffalo NY market over three years prior to build our own rental property portfolio because of the low cost of investment properties in the area. I had conceived of the concept of selling such properties on eBay as I had seen done but after departing ways with the original realtor with which we working in the Buffalo area, the idea took a back burner. This seemed like a perfect time to bring it back and figure out a way to make it happen in order to provide for my family.

So with no credit and no cash, I went into contract on my first property in Buffalo, listed it on eBay and sold it for what would have been about a $3,500 profit. Boy was that exciting. Well I had just started and made a crucial mistake in structuring the deal which ended up with my first client having no property to sell and my not having made any profit. This definitely did not deter me. I knew the idea would work, I had seen others doing it. I just needed to figure out the best system to implement in order to be successful at it. Meanwhile, I’m doing all of this from my living room couch on my lap top while on bed rest with my third pregnancy.

I forged along and for the next few months I bought and sold properties through the Internet in the Buffalo area. Now if you want to talk about the problems when your spouse doesn’t support you, my husband, said give it a try but didn’t see how I could make it work. When that first investor wired us ten thousand dollars he saw it worked but then he said it wasn’t going to be as consistent as I thought it would be. Then when we were able to pay our bills every month of at least ten thousand dollars each month, he then said well he still needed to find a job. Within just a few more months he announced he wasn’t going back to work. Through all of his doubts I could have just gave up and who knows where we would be now. But I kept moving forward even when he didn’t want to join the business.

That didn’t last long, when three failed attempts to forge a working relationship with a property management company in Buffalo ended, I knew we needed to hire our own full time employees to handle property management. You see without someone to watch the investments, it didn’t make sense for our clients, now as far away as Australia, the UK and all over the United States, to buy from us. My husband recognized that I wouldn’t be able to handle the sales and marketing as well as the property management. So he decided to put his music on hold and run both the property management division and our books.

In that first year we did over a million dollars in sales just helping other investors build their real estate portfolios. Today we not only are in the Buffalo market but we’ve expanded to Detroit, Michigan and Charlotte, NC but we’re always looking for a new market. Additionally, we don’t only work with our investors in rental properties, but in rehab projects, townhouse development and mortgage notes. We’ve launched this site to serve as a hub for real estate investors looking not just in their own backyards but where the deals are, hence the name DistanceInvesting.Com. We’re also debuting Real Estate Investor Magazine and have plans for a TV and radio show.

I volunteer every Friday at my daughter’s school. I took off four months last year and worked casually all but two months when we were very busy. I choose to work because I love building businesses. We have the tools now to make as much money as we want. I choose to live well but not to sacrifice being available to my children. I can still do whatever, whenever or I can do nothing at all….now that’s financial freedom, thank you real estate a million times over!

Nechelle Vanias, First Lady Holdings, LLC

If you have a success story you would like to share, let us know, no matter how big or small. Whether you finally did your first deal or whether you made your first million, your story could be the thing that takes the person reading it to the next level. Send your stories to success@distanceinvesting.com.

NOTE: Of interest, all the links on her website are dead, as she is perhaps the most notorious recent flipper in Bflo . . . whose name has never been publicly mentioned.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Yokes? Did you merge Kerns flip thread into another? I didn't delete a thread.

Unregistered

Both eBay flips are in Housing Court

I just learned that both 237 Loepere & 224 Woltz are in Housing Court, making it illegal for Mohabir Singh to flip them. They are next in court December 5 & January 5.

Incredibly, Singh apparently lost 224 Woltz at the tax auction so that the case is not in his name . . as he is attempting to sell it!

Here is documentation on 237 Loepere:

(237 Loepere) Case Name: Robert Barrali Bldg.inspector vs. Singh, Mohabir (new Bldg. inspector: Dave Gilson)

http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/hous...y=14&year=2007

County: Erie
    Index Number: 124/2007 (237 Loepere)
    Case Name: Robert Barrali Bldg.inspector vs. Singh, Mohabir

Appearance Information

Appearance, Date/Time Calendar, Category Judge/, Part Calendar, Marking

Dec 5, 2007, 9:30 a.m.
    Inquest
    City Of Buffalo Housing Violations

Nov 1, 2007, 2:00 p.m.
    Inquest Henry Nowak
    City Of Buffalo Housing Violations Trial

Oct 18, 2007, 2:00 p.m.
    Inquest Henry Nowak

Sep 5, 2007, 2:00 p.m.
    Inquest Henry Nowak

Aug 22, 2007, 2:00 p.m.
    Inquest Henry Nowak
    City Of Buffalo Housing Violations Court Letter Adjourned To Future Date

Aug 16, 2007, 2:00 p.m.
    Adjourned Housing Part Henry Nowak
    City Of Buffalo Housing Violations Pre-Trial Conference

Jul 19, 2007, 2:00 p.m.

May 30, 2007, 9:30 a.m.

May 16, 2007, 2:00 p.m.

Apr 11, 2007, 2:00 p.m.
    City Of Buffalo Housing Violations Adjourned For Plea

Mar 1, 2007, 9:30 a.m.

Feb 2, 2007, 9:30 a.m.
    Housing Part Henry Nowak

Unregistered

Flipping in the name of Jesus

Local realtors Daniel Glushefski & James Graham have long flipped & scammed "in the name of Jesus".

Here is an Australian article quoting ES housing activist Michele Johnson on their scams.

Tragically, in Bflo the Mayor's Anti-Flipping Task-Force (AFTF) never mentions the names of the bad guys. There is lucrative profit for Bflo's too-many lawyers & too-many realtors, who diominate AFTF, in flipping & scamming, so AFTF "withholds names to protect the guilty".

COPY: http://www.jenman.com.au/news_item.php?id=397

AN AMERICAN TRAGEDY
    How Aussies are ripped off in America

WESTAN JOHNSON. Recommended New York state; investors bought in New York state and then he stopped recommending New York state.
    by Neil Jenman.

On the morning of April Fool's day, back in 2005, an email was sent to hundreds of Australian investors. It was a reminder about a series of 'Investing in the USA, Information Evenings' that were about to be held in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

The email, from a spruiker called Alvin Johnson, had an urgent tone. The Melbourne event was fully booked and hopeful investors were now being placed on a waiting list. "People are travelling long distances to attend, some are coming from WA and others from SA to attend in Melbourne," said the message. One investor was flying from Darwin to attend the Brisbane event.

The four advertised presenters were two Australians, Westan Johnson and Dymphna Boholt together with two Americans, Daniel Glushefski and James Graham.

According to his self-description, Westan Johnson began investing in property in Australia in 1997. He boasted that, by 2003, he had retired at the age of 39.

Apparently the retirement didn't last long because, in 2004, Westan moved from Australia to New Zealand in search of better "cash positive properties" which he sourced for a fee on behalf of investors.

By 2005, he had turned his attention to the United States. Hence the reason for this 'Information Evening'. Westan said he was "very enthusiastic about opportunities of investing in the USA". Although tickets for the event were $150 a head, it was billed as a "not for profit exercise".

Westan Johnson (and his brother Alvin Johnson) also describe themselves as Christians who "maintain the importance of integrity and honesty in our business practices."

The other Aussie at the events was Dymphna Boholt, a get-rich-very-quick spruiker from Queensland.

Dymphna is currently promising women that they can replace their income within 90 days. In other words, if you are earning $40,000 a year, then, in less than three months, you can stop work and still get the $40,000 a year (according to Dymphna).

For several years, Dymphna has been spruiking property in America. She tells Aussie

DYMPHNA BOHOLT. Get-rich-very-quick spruiker who says NY State is a great opportunity. Sure, but for whom?
    investors that they can get "phenomenal returns" and that "returns of 20 - 30 % are not uncommon".

Buying in the USA, according to Dymphna, is a great opportunity. "You can buy properties for a lot less than you would think in America (for example, properties for just $40,000 US in New York State), and manufacture huge growth/equity by knowing what to buy and where to buy," Dymphna wrote in a press release in 2006.

Clearly, Dymphna Boholt and Westan Johnson infer to Aussie investors that they (Dymphna and Westan) have done the research and they know the right people and the right places when it comes to investing in the USA.

So, now that we have told you about Westan Johnson and Dymphna Boholt, let's look at what happens to Aussie investors who trust their American co-presenters.

What you are about to learn is information that Westan Johnson, Alvin Johnson and Dymphna Boholt either knew (and dishonestly concealed) or didn't know and so could not reveal (which makes them incompetent, to put it mildly).

James Graham is the CEO of a company called Genesis Real Estate Investments based in Rochester in New York state. Daniel Glushefski is the CEO of a company called Pilgrim Properties based in Buffalo in New York state.

Both men make a very big deal about being Christians.

However, you don't have to ask around too much in Rochester or Buffalo to discover that both men have - and this is again putting it mildly - rather dubious reputations.

They are what's known as "flippers". And no, unlike a dolphin, a property 'flipper' is someone who buys a property at a cheap price and immediately on-sells it for a much higher price.

The sharpest scammers (sorry, flippers) will buy from the local sellers at bargain prices and sell to non-local buyers (out-of-towners) for inflated prices. Of course, the further away the buyer, the more chance of the flipper getting an inflated price.

And you can't get much further away from upstate New York in the United States than the Sydney suburb of Menai in Australia.

So, for the sake of simplicity, let's take just one example of what may be hundreds of Aussies who have bought real estate in the Buffalo or Rochester regions.

Kathy is a 45-year-old single mother of three boys, the sort of woman that Dymphna Boholt claims to be able to help.

In 2005, after her divorce, Kathy owned a home in Menai (in Sydney). She had been ill with cancer and was worried about her financial future.

Enter Westan Johnson and Dymphna Boholt's co-seminar-presenter, James Graham of Genesis Real Estate Investments.

Kathy was offered three properties, two in Rochester and one in Buffalo.

Take a look at the numbers and the rental returns…

The first property was priced at US$79,500. The rent was supposedly US$18,000 a year. That's a 22 per cent return (gross).

The second property was priced at US$51,900. The rent was supposedly US$11,400 a year. Again, that's 22 per cent return. Impressive indeed.

The third property was priced at US$34,900. The rent was supposedly US$8,100 a year. That's 23 per cent. Irresistible.

When converted to Aussie dollars, the total of all the purchase prices for the three properties, plus the spotter's fees and the buying costs came to around $250,000.

Kathy took a loan on her Sydney home and sent the money to America. She should now have a good steady income. Positive cash flow, as Dymphna and Westan are so fond of mentioning.

According to Kathy, for the first couple of months everything went well. Genesis was sending her the money.

But then, suddenly, there were growing gaps in the payments. By February 2007, the payments stopped completely.

When she tried to contact James Graham, the devout Christian, he was always hard to find.

In desperation, Kathy did what she should have done back in 2005. She contacted other agents in the area. And that's when she discovered what Westan and Alvin Johnson should have discovered.

The properties that Kathy had bought - all of which seemed so mouth-wateringly attractive - had all been purchased by James Graham at low prices and flipped to her at inflated prices.

Let's take another look at the numbers (with the benefit of good research)...

The first property, for which Kathy paid US$79,500 had been bought by James Graham for US$37,000.

The second property, for which Kathy paid US$51,900, had been bought by James Graham for US$11,000. Yes, that's right, eleven thousand dollars - and just two weeks before he on-sold it to Kathy for US$51,900.

The third property, for which Kathy paid US$34,900, had been bought by James Graham for US$13,000.

So, from just one Aussie investor (a single and seriously ill single mother), self-professed devout Christian James Graham made a quick gross profit of US$105,300 (which, in 2005, amounted to around $160,000 Aussie dollars).

"I am committed to running this business with Godly principles and for His glory, not mine," says James Graham on his web site.

Today, in 2007, Kathy's situation is so dire, she barely has enough money to feed her boys. She says she cannot afford her cancer medicines.

"Because of the misery Genesis have done to our lives, we now live on the bread line," said Kathy.

Kathy is not alone.

According to Michelle Johnson (no relation to Westan and Alvin), a housing clerk in Buffalo who has been trying to warn non-local investors about the flipping scammers, "Hundreds of properties around Buffalo have been bought by Aussie investors."

As for the future of the district that Westan and Alvin Johnson claimed to have "spent time on the ground" and had "investigated", here's what Michelle told us, "Buffalo is a city that had many factories which have now all closed. There used to be 570,000 people here; now we are down to about 260,000. We have 14,000 vacant properties in the city."

As for James Graham and Daniel Glushefski, Michelle has this to say, "They are Holy Roller scammers. Scam on your own. Leave God out of it."

Today, in 2007, Dymphna Boholt is promoting herself on YOUTUBE with her arm around a woman telling her that she can replace her income in 90 days. Try telling that to Kathy who invested with your American co-seminar presenters.

And Westan Johnson now runs International Property Consulting Pty Ltd with a bloke called Frank Stace. Their web site is called Global Property Deals in which Westan boasts that he "was one of the first Australians to facilitate investment interest into the Buffalo NY market".

His web site says, "If you are a property investor, and interested in considering good cash flow and capital growth investments throughout the USA, Australia, and New Zealand - you are at the right place! It doesn't get much easier than this." For whom does he mean?

Again, try telling that to Kathy and all those investors involved in their own USA investing nightmare.

They are living an American tragedy.

FOOTNOTE: We asked both Westan Johnson and Dymphna Boholt for a comment.

Westan Johnson says that he "has not recommended investing in Buffalo, Rochester, or the NY state area since Nov 05. Neither have I had transactions with James Graham since June 05 (from memory). In fact I have been publicly discouraging investors from these markets."

Yea, well, that's a bit like James Hardie saying they no longer recommend asbestos.

Dymphna Boholt said, "I attended [the seminars] purely as a guest speaker on Asset protection and Taxation Structures in the US.

Both then and now my message is clear that the US market is just like any other and due diligence should be carried out on any purchase and on any market."

Yes, and clearly investors should do extra due diligence whenever Dymphna Boholt is speaking.

FURTHER READING AND INFORMATION:

CITY OF BUFFALO - MAYOR'S WARNING. Click here
    JAMES GRAHAM'S GENESIS web site - Prayer Pages. Click here
    DANIEL GLUSHEFSKI OF PILGRIM and his religious beliefs. Click here
    WESTAN JOHNSON'S web site. Click here
    DYMPHNA BOHOLT spruiking her 'replace your income in 90 days' pitch. Click here

Define 'spruiking', kern.

Unregistered

Definition: SPRUIK

Definition: SPRUIK

Australia promote: to promote goods, services, or a cause by addressing people in a public place ( humorous )

Thread Information