Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Flip Watch

You are painting the whole East Side with the same brush..There are many parts to the East Side strong and stable neighborhoods but you probably dont venture out past Main St too much.How do you know you pay more taxes than me? And how dare you assume because I live on the ES I live in a POS house..I will give you something to think about... If we detonate the East side like you suggested we will all move to your neighborhood...Will you be hosting the welcome to the neighborhood BBQ?
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michele J
    You are painting the whole East Side with the same brush..There are many parts to the East Side strong and stable neighborhoods but you probably dont venture out past Main St too much.How do you know you pay more taxes than me? And how dare you assume because I live on the ES I live in a POS house..I will give you something to think about... If we detonate the East side like you suggested we will all move to your neighborhood...Will you be hosting the welcome to the neighborhood BBQ?
    A) Where abouts on the eastside do you live? Don't give me your actual address, the closest cross street.

B) If you want to live next to me, then you better open that silly wallet. Paying $1,000 annually in taxes is not going to cut it.

C) What you will find out is that I know more about your neighborhood than you do.

BTW, I'd appreciate you paying me back and the minority homeowners (those paying over the median tax rate) for subsidizing your "strong and stable" neighborhood.

If you have that strong a neighborhood, Call me and I'll come with the assessor to increase the assessment. Until then, it needs to be detonated.

Prop.Description: Prop.Class: Front: Depth:
    420. N Delavan ONE FAMILY DWELLING 0000035 0000115
    Land Value: Total Value: Councilmatic Dist.: Police Dist.
    4500 47000 LO E

I wish I paid 1k in taxes a yr!
    www.buffalobroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by CSense
    The only crap is coming out of your mouth, so if flies are in your face, shut your trap. But the reason this city sucks is because we are supporting the under taxed community called the East Side.

Get a brain while you're trying to figure that out. Why should I pay for you? I guarantee my taxes are at least double yours, why because your POS house is assessed at less at $20,000. Your not paying for one phone call to the police, which you use more than I do. You don't pay your fair share of the plowing, fire protection, snow plowing, etc.
    Y'know, CSense, your cyber-bullying is really getting annoying. This might come as a shock to you, but you sure as heck aren't the most impressive rooster parading atop the manure pile and crowing your own praises.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D
    Y'know, CSense, your cyber-bullying is really getting annoying. This might come as a shock to you, but you sure as heck aren't the most impressive rooster parading atop the manure pile and crowing your own praises.
    I didnt realize CSense was nominated for most annoying or I would of ignored him although.. being a Mother I always try to educate the uninformed and ignorant.
    www.buffalobroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by Linda_D
    Yes, I may be opinionated but I am not bullying. Check the thread and see the order, she mentioned feces and I just replied. However, the mere fact that you are chiming in, makes me feel better inside.

I didnt realize CSense was nominated for most annoying or I would of ignored him although.. being a Mother I always try to educate the uninformed and ignorant.
    I feel sorry for your child.

CSense,
    You are childish and apparently not too well liked on SUWNY .. I bet in real life its about the same.. I now understand why you have such a negative,miserable attitude.
    www.buffalobroad.com

Prop.Description: Prop.Class: Front: Depth:
    420. N Delavan ONE FAMILY DWELLING 0000035 0000115
    Land Value: Total Value: Councilmatic Dist.: Police Dist.
    4500 47000 LO E

I wish I paid 1k in taxes a yr!
    Ok, so lets say you don't live in Dignity Village. How about a nice home on Mohican. Oh my gosh, the home is only assessed for $3,200. They are paying their fair share.

Owner Information
    Assess Address:Zipcode:SWIS:SBL:
    24, MOHICAN 14208-1470050898300002057000
    Prop.Description:Prop.Class:Front:Depth:Census #:
    144. W Humboldt Pkwy ONE FAMILY DWELLING 000003000001103301103
    Land Value:Total Value:Councilmatic Dist.:Police Dist.:Congress:
    200032000MA E028
    Senate:NYS Leg.:

BTW; I said your $1,000 would be nice. City taxes on your $47,000 is roughly $940 a year. Your additional amount is coming from the county, nice try. How about paying taxes on $175,000? Which is $3,500 in city taxes alone.

Thats 32,000 not 3,200 but theres no disputing there are properties worth little..I CHOSE to live where I live.. Im not stuck here.. Houses sell quickly on my street its not riddled with vacant dilapidated houses.. And exactly why you cant paint the whole East Side with the same brush..
    www.buffalobroad.com

Thats 32,000 not 3,200 but theres no disputing there are properties worth little..I CHOSE to live where I live.. Im not stuck here.. Houses sell quickly on my street its not riddled with vacant dilapidated houses.. And exactly why you cant paint the whole East Side with the same brush..
    I agree, I'm a bit rambunctious and in your face. I'll admit that not every house or neighborhood in the eastside is a war zone, but that is the exception not the rule.

If it weren't, you and your cohorts wouldn't be doing the stuff you do, crusading for assistance on the eastside.

If it were as nice as you say it is, why did Kmart leave? Why do we subsidize the Broadway Market? Where do you think the majority of homes that Byron Brown wants to demolish are located?

I state this without malice or sarcasm. Your home is assessed at $47,000 while receiving services (police, fire, schools, streets, sanitation, etc) which doesn't come close to paying an equitable share. Why should I subsidize your services?

Please answer, I'd love to know your reasoning and insight.

equitable...i think not!

"I state this without malice or sarcasm. Your home is assessed at $47,000 while receiving services (police, fire, schools, streets, sanitation, etc) which doesn't come close to paying an equitable share. Why should I subsidize your services?"
    ASIDE from your barbs...you do have a valid point. A house ..say in N. Buffalo assessed at $100K receives the same services..IDENTICAL as a house on the East side that is assessed at...$10k. The system is an unfair levy, making those who are apparently able to afford more or better, pay for those who can or will not, based on their "style" of living. It is an unfair levy or "RICH" TAX!
    BUT , until the system is changed, perhaps a city income tax or some other revenue stream, it is the only system that will keep the city afloat.
    I'm sure that any changes would be as unpopular as an increased assessment of a property in Buffalo equitable...i think not

The East Side has been systematically redlined for 25+ years..I am an advocate for landbanking,I have to agree there are some areas that have no way of pulling their own weight but I wouldnt say you are subsidizing the East Side or you could say Im also subsidizing for houses worth less than mine.I pay the same garbage fees that you do,I can bet your streets get plowed before ours do,I happen to live on a street where thankfully we have a strong block club..We dont have police calls daily.. I would say in all honesty you probably get much better services than we do!
    www.buffalobroad.com

The East Side has been systematically redlined for 25+ years..I am an advocate for landbanking,I have to agree there are some areas that have no way of pulling their own weight but I wouldnt say you are subsidizing the East Side or you could say Im also subsidizing for houses worth less than mine.I pay the same garbage fees that you do,I can bet your streets get plowed before ours do,I happen to live on a street where thankfully we have a strong block club..We dont have police calls daily.. I would say in all honesty you probably get much better services than we do!
    My side street rarely gets plowed and I can't say that yours is done any faster or slower. Sanitation is equal. Most police and fire calls are reported on the eastside. Where is the highest crime rate? Where are the most vacant home fires? Water main leaks plaque the eastside along with Therefore, receiving more services. If you dispute my claims, you may call the city planning department for verification.

What gives me hope was your statement of land banking. Yes, exactly! We need to systematically tear down all the abandon homes and relocate many families to better homes and areas (including next to me). They should have a choice to where they would like to live, no forced living developments.

We need to have a moratorium on building new homes on the eastside until land values and housing become valuable again.

Oh, thanks? Joe D for the backhanded compliment.

I have been against newbuilds for years, Sycamore Village is my biggest pet peeve currently. I do still however feel your comment on detonating the East Side was out of line.
    www.buffalobroad.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information