Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West Seneca's Master Plan

West Seneca's Master Plan

About two years ago, the town, through a grant of around $50,000 I believe, paid consultants to devise a "Master Plan". Does anyone know anything about it ? Did it serve any real purpose ?

Was it simply recommendations ? Was anything from it ever implemented ? Will it ever be utilized ?

Was it a $50,000 bone thrown to someone as a favor ?

Will this thread sink like a lead balloon ?

?????????

What's a Master plan?

Quote Originally Posted by erlyrizr1
    What's a Master plan?
    Exactly my point. Sounds almost sinister. With what has been exposed just through the news about the outgoing Supervisor maybe it is. I've been accused in here of being a naysayer and offering nothing of substance. Rather than boast in here about what I think I know, I thought I pose something to initiate a debate relative to the town with out too much malice. Probably too tall of an order for in here. Maybe I should stick with what's most fun.

Where's Lucky Larry ?
    Last edited by Spirit of Ebenezer; December 1st, 2007 at 11:36 AM.

From what I remember (Buffalo News), the plan was to make recommendations on setting planning requirements for Union (Seneca to Center) so that it could be more like Smalltown Main Street USA.

I can't remember when it was touted, I want to say a couple of years at most, but have heard nothing of it since.

???????

Still lost.

Thanks Yokes.

Thank you yokes. This looks like good reading.

Growth Pressure Area?

What is a growth pressure area? If you look on the map for vision 1, there is a pink area where Princeton Estates would be marked as growth pressure area.

To me that means that if we had an influx of people coming into the town looking to live here and there were no homes/lots available, the town would be "pressured" to build here?

Anybody?

wow

This thing reads like a book. I thought I was lost before but now I'm sure I am. How about leading me to the good parts. Have to go to work in a bit. Csense, I must be thick and or stupid but what are they gonna do, demolish their town hall and put up shops and such? Is that what is in this? And Mona, what the heck is a growth pressure area? Did I miss something in the beginning? I admit I've just scanned it so help me out if you can. And furthermore.....oh never mind.

Here's what to ask, what have they done with the Comprehensive Plan thus far (since 2006)? What has been omplemented, what were the concerns, if any, during the public hearing, did the public hearing take place, when and where if it did, how many attended, how was it promoted/advertised (hearing)?

In other words, was this just a way to spend $50,000 or did we get somehting out of it - also who performed the study? What are their certifications? How was it bid out?
    "paranoia runs deep, into your mind it will creep"

Quote Originally Posted by erlyrizr1
    This thing reads like a book. I thought I was lost before but now I'm sure I am. How about leading me to the good parts. Have to go to work in a bit. Csense, I must be thick and or stupid but what are they gonna do, demolish their town hall and put up shops and such? Is that what is in this? And Mona, what the heck is a growth pressure area? Did I miss something in the beginning? I admit I've just scanned it so help me out if you can. And furthermore.....oh never mind.
    I'm sorry, I thought I was somewhat intelligent, but this looks like someone spent $50,000 on a new box of crayons. Once again, we got something that looks good in print, but no instructions on how to make it happen. That's like packing the car for vacation, without having a map to Disney World.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am... than loved for who I'm not!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    I'm sorry, I thought I was somewhat intelligent, but this looks like someone spent $50,000 on a new box of crayons. Once again, we got something that looks good in print, but no instructions on how to make it happen. That's like packing the car for vacation, without having a map to Disney World.
    Isnt that the point of a master plan? It serves as a guide for where you want to be, and its used to guide your decision making for the town govt.

I don't recll ever seeing a master plan for any town that says step one do this step 2 do this. Its always a "ultimate goal" type document

Quote Originally Posted by yokes
    Isnt that the point of a master plan? It serves as a guide for where you want to be, and its used to guide your decision making for the town govt.

I don't recll ever seeing a master plan for any town that says step one do this step 2 do this. Its always a "ultimate goal" type document
    And mistakes are made. In Williamsville, on Main St. they went from two lane to four lane, and now they want to go back to two lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1
    You are correct to complain of waste if someone spent 50,000 on a document, but no one read it, or it had nothing to offer, which is more likely the case. What I don't like is in WS, there is a heritage as strong as Orchard Park's, but there all new commercial development just looks more upscale. The new Rite Aid store is another big box, in OP it would be a disguised big box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information