Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get Real

Get Real

Can we get real for a minute? Let's take a quick look at polling for the Repub candidates in the first few primary states (all polls and analysis done in the past month):

(from http://politics.nytimes.com/election...tes/index.html)

Iowa: Romney 27%, Huckabee 21%, Giuliana 15%, Paul 4%

NH: Romney 34%, Giuliana 16%, McCain 16%, Paul 8%

SC: No poll numbers, but Fred Thompson polls well, with Giuliani running 1st or 2nd in most polls and Romney gaining (no mention of Paul)

FL: Giuliana 30%, McCain 14%, Thompson 14%, WOULDN'T VOTE 4%, Paul 1%

MI: Again, no numbers but Romney and Giuliani again lead, with McCain running 3rd. Again, no mention of Paul

NV: Giuliani 28%, Thompson 23%, Romney 17%, Paul 1%

I understand that you all like Rep Paul's politics and 'ethics'. I know that he's talking about things that you like to hear. I know that he's got appeal 'outside of the normal "likely voters"', but come on...the CLOSEST he is in any of the early states is 26 points? All the internet geeks in the world all the sudden registering just before the cutoff line in South Carolina still wouldn't put him over the top.

So can we please dispense with the fantasy world? If you want to talk about the issues he's bringing up, great. But watching you all proclaim how well he's doing in the actual race and his great prospects in the actual election....it's kind of like watching a 20 year old dog try and jump up when you pull out the leash for a walk, only to watch him collapse back down with age and exhaustion. That is to say, just sad!
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

The Ron Paul campaign is going to go much like the Sopranos...

After a lot of drama and some promises of a "BANG-UP" finish, there are going to be a few people sitting around a table in a pizza joint, deciding that Don't Stop Believing should be their theme song, and then one of them will just look up with an "oh, crap" look on his face.
    And then.....nothing.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Wink Got solid walls dude ??

Better put in an order for drywall now for repairs after you continuously bang your head into them after November 08.

run4thetoilet kills me !!!!!!!!

I could care less if Paul wins the primary. I find his politics preferable to most of the Republican field. And when people learn his real agenda (getting rid of the Dept of Education, etc) it'll be like rats fleeing his drowning ship. My point being, he's never going to get that far.

So no, there will be no banging heads against the wall even if Paul does win the nomination. But more likely just pity on all those who really thought they had a chance.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it
    I could care less if Paul wins the primary. I find his politics preferable to most of the Republican field. And when people learn his real agenda (getting rid of the Dept of Education, etc) it'll be like rats fleeing his drowning ship. My point being, he's never going to get that far.

So no, there will be no banging heads against the wall even if Paul does win the nomination. But more likely just pity on all those who really thought they had a chance.
    I am wondering why the media has all of a sudden decided to cover this guy.

Oh, I know why. The media has decided that since he had raised a lot of money on the internet he must be a good candidate.

Looks like a Dean media repeat.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Lets get real. The other republican candidates will not be as good for our national community. Wether they are labeled democrat or republican it's the person not the label.

Start looking into Rudy and then tell me afterwards if you think you really want him for pres. Same as hillary. Just look over her voting record versus what she speaks. Two different scripts.

I honestly don't know why anyone would want Hillary or Rudy when we have Ron Paul stepping up to the plate to be pres.

Ron Paul will be history by February 1st.

From Project Vote Smart:

Representative Ronald Ernest 'Ron' Paul REPEATEDLY REFUSED TO PROVIDE ANY RESPONSES TO CITIZENS ON ISSUES THROUGH THE 2008 POLITICAL COURAGE TEST WHEN ASKED TO DO SO BY Key national leaders of both major parties including:
    John McCain, Republican Senator
    Geraldine Ferraro, Former Democratic Congresswoman
    Michael Dukakis, Former Democratic Governor
    Bill Frenzel, Former Republican Congressman
    Richard Kimball, Project Vote Smart President

This candidate has responded in a past election. As a continued effort to provide the American public with factual information on candidates running for public office, these archived responses are made available here.

Congressional Election 1996 National Political Awareness Test

The Political Courage Test asks candidates which items they will support if elected. It does not ask them to indicate which items they will oppose. Through extensive research of public polling data, we discovered that voters are more concerned with what candidates would support when elected to office, not what they oppose. If a candidate does not select a response to any part or all of any question, it does not necessarily indicate that the candidate is opposed to that particular item.

Project Vote Smart does not permit the use of its name or programs in any negative campaign activity, including advertising, debates, and speeches.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewrona
    Ron Paul will be history by February 1st.
    And Jim Keane was climbing in the polls and the democrats were going to come home with votes. Ok.

Well, he will be, res. This happened before with Ross Perot and it's a very short time until people are saying "Ron who?"

I can't say I've gone out of my way to hear him speak but he's not very impressive in any way.

Post Oh Well !!

All I can say is that if not enough Americans care about the erosion of our way of life then so be it. I just truly believe Ron Paul could change things for the better. The question is will he get the chance and I say I hope so. Only time will tell. If not I am certain without a doubt the USA will go further down the hole no matter who else gets in other than Dr. Paul.

Since I do "care about the erosion of our way of life", I wouldn't vote for Ron Paul for dog catcher.

Quote Originally Posted by gonerail

All I can say is that if not enough Americans care about the erosion of our way of life then so be it. I just truly believe Ron Paul could change things for the better. The question is will he get the chance and I say I hope so. Only time will tell. If not I am certain without a doubt the USA will go further down the hole no matter who else gets in other than Dr. Paul.

Dr. Paul??

He is not currently working as a doctor. The title Dr. is for use in his medical practice, and not for his current job as a politician. He is currently Congressman Paul, not Dr. Paul

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    And Jim Keane was climbing in the polls and the democrats were going to come home with votes. Ok.
    I am happy to say you can't find me expressing the above point of view anywhere.

But, do keep this in mind: Ron Paul will be history by Feb. 1st.

You don't have a clue as to what he stands for and couldn't tell us his his congressional story right here right now without googling up a storm to put something together. You are simply jumping on what you think is a bandwagon.And the really sad part is you don't know where he wants the parade to go.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Mike haven't you read history from lets say 1750 onwards?

Do you even know who the founding fathers even are?

Do you even know what the Constitution/Declaration stands for and why they were created?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information