Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Worker

Is the CSEA the only union representing town employees, if not what are the other ones?

Also is there a residency requirement for being a town employee?
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Hey Brian the 4th, which ironically is where you finished. I know you're youg and all but care to explain the last minute desperation literature drop, where you used Dale Clarke's name in a desperate attempt to falsely imply you and he were together without checking with him first ? Was it your idea or your "mentor" Mrs. Smokenstein. It was bush league all the way.

That was real upfront of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer
    you're youg
    It's a chinese expression.

They say Comedy ain't pretty.......

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of Ebenezer
    Mrs. Smokenstein.
    .......and Scrooge is the perfect example.

There's a position the town should do away with, Receiver of Taxes.

It's a glorified clerical/record keeping position.

Some towns have done so.

It should be overseen by the assessors office with the hiring of people to be there to handle tax payments for the twelve or so weeks a year when taxes are due.
    The Truth Shall Set You Free........Aunt Esther

erlyrizr1 maybe......

you should take a ride to the Carriage House on Fisher Road and see the town truck that is parked behind the building about 1 or 2 pm. Than go inside and have a drink with the town employees at the bar. Gee, I wonder if I should be upset that long term employees of WS can drink on my tax dollar.
    Am I pissed, YES. ON January 1, 2008 you can be assured that the last drink
    will be served to town employees on my tax dollar during work hours.

Come on Larry, I gotta believe you're trying to stir the pot. No one would be that foolish. That would have to be the stupidest mistake anyone would make. If they were caught, they would probably be fired on the spot. You mention that you've seen a vehicle parked behind the building. Red, green, orange? Dump, pickup? You're blowin smoke. stick with the truth. That way you don't have to keep up the charade. And whats the first have to do with anything? You going to wait to make calls then and tell your new crone Piotrowski, Meegan or Clarke what's going on? Like the forum we share, SPEAK UP Lucky Larry or shut up because something tells me you're not on the up and up.

take the ride

If you are so trusting of the wonderful honest town employees, take a ride
    on Tuesday and see if a town truck (p.s. the one that picks up used appliances, mattresses etc.) between 1 and 2 pm and let me know what
    you see. Finnagan runs the department the same way he runs the high school hockey team. NO DISIPLINE. So why would I expect him to do anything about his lazy employees. Wake up and smell the coffee.
    Alot of other crap will hit the fan after the clowns on the Town Board are
    picked up by the circus that left them here 16 years ago.

I gotta ask, are you are a town employee? Finnagans hockey team? Mattress truck? an axe to grind? Come clean. If you have info, share it with the current board. You can't hate all five, or do you?

not a ........

No I'm not a town employee, I'm a concerned citizen who pays taxes that are
    way out of line.
    Do you accept the fact that town employees drink on the job??
    All I'm saying is that these guys that go to the bar have been doing it for numerous years and nobody cares that they are wasting your tax dollar.
    Maybe it is time that the tv cameras are there on a tuesday to view these
    guys spending the last two hours of the day drinking. Or maybe you think its
    alright that you think it's alright for them to waste YOUR tax dollar??
    Just asking!!!
    P.S. Yes I'm glad to see the do nothings gone - Clark, Osmanski, Hicks are clowns and the circus
    leaves WS December 31st. -Can't wait.

Nobody should accept drinking on the job. But how do you know they are? Have you been in there with them? You have a camera? Why wait for a tv crew? Go get em. It's your tax dollar. If you have the info, and if I'm reading between the lines correctly, it's every Tuesday, then you have a responsibility to your town. The onus falls on you.

I've waited ..........

this long, I can wait till the new board comes on board and have them go
    with me so there is no question about time or place. Right now these clowns
    would handle it the same way they handle everything else, THEY IGNORE
    THE PROBLEM AND THEY SAY NOTHING.

erly- not to sure who are what or who you were referencing to, I was just relaying some info that I was aware of as a seasonal in 1996. And btw I have already stated that my name is Brian Wirth.

EB- As far as your pointing out the results on election night, Ive already seen them, thanks for the stab. But I can say I am happy with the results of the election because i feel all of the newly elected reps. in town will do there best at representing the taxpayers interests not just personal interests. Also when I did the lit drop you are refering to it was meant to also boost my numbers as I would not be involved in a smear campaign and we both represented change in town EXACTLY AS THE FLYER STATED. It was also only dropped in Clarke's district so that I would not hurt Meegan's numbers either. I did not run on party lines, I ran on representing the people and lets face it, elections are a competition.
    Brian D. Wirth[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

sorry bout the grammar errors! Didn't proof read.
    Brian D. Wirth[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Wink I got this one

Quote Originally Posted by erlyrizr1
    I gotta ask, are you are a town employee? Finnagans hockey team? Mattress truck? an axe to grind? Come clean. If you have info, share it with the current board. You can't hate all five, or do you?
    We talking about the present board ?

If so, hate all five ? No.

Loathe and despise ? Yes.

Hey Larry, Erly's right. The new board deserves to know.

Wait ? What about the town trucks behind Dale Clarke's house ?

Hey Larry what about that ?

Where's Scrooge ? He ain't gonna like this. Looks like a double standard Eb !

Finnegan coaches a high school hockey team ? ..... What school ?

Do they stop at Tim Horton's before they play ?
    The Truth Shall Set You Free........Aunt Esther

So let me get this straight. You're going to wait until Jan 1st. Then you'll tell one of the three newly elected board members of the goings on at the bar. Or maybe you have already. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have to know at least one and possibly all three). In the meantime, the employee(s) of the town continues on and you get stuck paying, in the end because you won't open your mouth, for his drinks. Just doesn't seem fair to you or the rest of the taxpayers. And just for arguments sake, and hypothetically, what if this truck were involved ia an accident where there were fatalities? Wouldn't that bother you that you could have avoided the incident just by speaking up? I know I would never want something like that on my conscience.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information