[QUOTE=Lackcitizen;753214][COLOR="Red"]
PLATFORM FOR THE GREAT CITY OF LACKAWANNA, NY
Pat has the plan for the positive future of Lackawanna------
Drive business back into Lackawanna; HOW WILL THIS BE DONE? NICE THOUGHT BUT WHAT IS THE PLAN?[/COLOR COLOR]Lackawanna will be an industrial leader once again. The director of development will be an aggressive salesperson for our great city. We will reach out to small business entrepreneurs and the largest manufacturers alike! NO ONE WANTS TO PUT A BUSINESS HERE, INSURANCE & TAXES TOO HIGH EXACTLY THE POINT!!!, GOING TO TAKE LONGER THEN THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF TERMS ALLOWED TO FIX THAT.When we make Lackawanna an inviting city all residents will benefit from an increase in the property values! THE ONLY INCREASE IN PROPERTY VALUE WILL BE IF FATHER BAKER BECOMES A SAINT!Where are the people going to spend their money in Lackawanna when Baker becomes a Saint? Your corner at Ridge and South Park ain't looking to inviting....
City Services
I will work with the leaders of our fantastic fire department, police department, and public works to ensure a safe work environment, tools to complete their work load, proper manpower, and a budget that affords the infrastructure will be maintained on a yearly basis so as to avoid having to make emergency repairs after years of neglect. SO HE WILL WORK WITH THE ILLEGAL SCOUNDRELS THAT YOU ARE ALL SPEAKING OF?Thought they lived on your street??Residents
Residents of Lackawanna deserve the best possible representation. As mayor of the great city of Lackawanna I will work with and represent ALL residents regardless of the political party they have chosen of their own free will to be a member of. At no time will I ask, nor research which party you are affiliated with. My approach will always be decided upon the issues and how it will affect the city of Lackawanna. HE ALREADY HAS A LIST OF ALL DEMOCRATS IN THE CITY. IF HE DOES NOT WIN THE PRIMARY, THE OTHER LISTS WILL FOLLOW! Isn't that the purpose at this point in the election process? Maybe he already has them ALL - I think the Democratic Chair may have helped him with all of that!
Recreation
Lackawanna has limited recreation activities. We need to keep that alive; we also need to add more recreation during the days for our children. Under my leadership there will be programs that bring our children together for a variety of activities. WILL THIS BE VOLUNTEER OR CITY PAID EMPLOYEES RUNNING THESE? What do the PAID recreation workers do now? NOTHING - they should have to earn their money that you so kindly pay your taxes for!I will work closely with the senior citizens to make sure their desires are met.
Grant Money
Lackawanna will actively seek grants for every aspect of the city, from recreation to roads, from senior activities to firefighter equipment. Nothing will be neglected under my leadership. CERTAIN ROADS ARE COUNTY AS WAS THE MONIES RECEIVED TO BUILD THE SENIOR CENTER!County or State???????Leadership
Common sense will rule while Patrick A. McCusker is mayor of Lackawanna, NY
Neighborhood Beautification
Residents will be encouraged to keep their properties beautiful. The city of Lackawanna will set the standard with public land being improved with trees, flowers, benches where possible.THAT IS THE QUESTION WHERE POSSIBLE? Alot of places are visible on Ridge aloneCity hall will reach out for neighbors as to how they wish for the vacant land surrounding their homes to appear. WHO WILL DO THIS IMPROVEMENT TAXPAYER MONEY OR PRIVATE CITIZENS??You are dumber than you appear!!!
Dilapidated Property
City hall will take an aggressive approach to removing properties that have been neglected to the point where they are no longer valuable. I will take advantage of laws and court rulings to effectively develop residential and commercial land.
THIS IS ALREADY STARTED, THE OWNER HAS TO TEAR DOWN THEIR OWN PROPERTY OR PAY THE CITY TO DO IT.[/QUOTE] How many since Jaworski or Szymanski have been in office. I can travel down Center Street and see a couple since they have been sitting high on the hog and prior. I have also heard that the one code enforcement guy is a real good friend of szymanski's...where is the communication and enforcement? I like the way you have shown that your city hall and officials have failed the city residents !