Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick McCusker For Mayor

I see Mr. Pat McCusker recieved the endorsement of the state IP party for mayor. Finally some one somewhere is against Status Quo. Congrats!

Here's your candidates for city offices:

CITY OF LACKAWANNA PARTY DATE RECEIVED
    Mayor
    Charles Jaworski D 7/11
    Patrick A. McCusker D 7/14
    Dion J. Watkins D 7/14
    Geoffrey M. Szymanski D 7/14
    Patrick A. McCusker R 7/14
    John J. Nowak R 7/13
    Geoffrey M. Szymanski C 7/12
    Charles Jaworski W 7/14
    Walter Seres W 7/14
    Dion J. Watkins W 7/14 (Mail)
    Patrick A. McCusker I 7/14
    Walter Seres G 7/14
    Council President
    Sue Staniszewski D 7/13
    Idreas A. Ahmed D 7/14
    Henry R. Pirowski D 7/14
    Idreas A. Ahmed R 7/14
    Henry R. Pirowski C 7/12
    Henry R. Pirowski I 7/14
    Councilman 4th Ward
    Dennis Chudzik D 7/11
    Keith E. Lewis D 7/13
    Keith E. Lewis C 7/12
    Dennis Chudzik W 7/14
    Keith E. Lewis I 7/14

On July 11, 2011, The Erie County Republican Committee endorsed a candidate to run in special election for Sam Hoyt's position for the 144th Assembly District. The candidate, Sean Kipp, was quoted as saying:

"If we keep electing the same old candidates to the state legislature, things are never going to change in Albany."

I believe that statement holds true in this upcoming Lackawanna mayoral and city council campaign...IF WE KEEP ELECTING THE SAME OLD CANDIDATES...THINGS ARE NEVER GOING TO CHANGE..."

If Mckusker doesn't win and Szymanski does,They should appoint Pat.I think he would make a great councilman. What do guys think?

If someone is running for Mayor why would they settle for a councilman position? IMO- McCusker is better suited for Mayor. Look at his bio- only candidate that has managerial credentals. Who is better suited to run the city?None of the candidates I have read about

vote for McCusker, just like you voted for the school budget, works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mnb811 View Post
    CITY OF LACKAWANNA PARTY DATE RECEIVED
    Mayor
    Charles Jaworski D 7/11
    Patrick A. McCusker D 7/14
    Dion J. Watkins D 7/14
    Geoffrey M. Szymanski D 7/14
    Patrick A. McCusker R 7/14
    John J. Nowak R 7/13
    Geoffrey M. Szymanski C 7/12
    Charles Jaworski W 7/14
    Walter Seres W 7/14
    Dion J. Watkins W 7/14 (Mail)
    Patrick A. McCusker I 7/14
    Walter Seres G 7/14
    Council President
    Sue Staniszewski D 7/13
    Idreas A. Ahmed D 7/14
    Henry R. Pirowski D 7/14
    Idreas A. Ahmed R 7/14
    Henry R. Pirowski C 7/12
    Henry R. Pirowski I 7/14
    Councilman 4th Ward
    Dennis Chudzik D 7/11
    Keith E. Lewis D 7/13
    Keith E. Lewis C 7/12
    Dennis Chudzik W 7/14
    Keith E. Lewis I 7/14
    So is this a list of everyone who is running? I thought Andrea was in the race?

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    I don't get to vote in Lackawanna any longer - but my family does. They will definately vote for McCusker - he is the only viable candidate that has not been tainted throughout the years. What have the others accomplished within their rein? Heh- I can probably change my address (just like most) and cast my vote too! How many live outside of LA and do that? I heard that Warthling has tenants in Lancaster that vote here, Love lives in Hamburg and the list goes on.....

Quote Originally Posted by gibbsgal View Post
    I don't get to vote in Lackawanna any longer - but my family does. They will definately vote for McCusker - he is the only viable candidate that has not been tainted throughout the years. What have the others accomplished within their rein? Heh- I can probably change my address (just like most) and cast my vote too! How many live outside of LA and do that? I heard that Warthling has tenants in Lancaster that vote here, Love lives in Hamburg and the list goes on.....
    You are absolutely right. I could name atleast 10 people that I know. I wonder how election results would be in this area if people only voted once. Wonder if other local elections would be effected. It seems that the people I know vote twice for the same county representatives also.

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    What does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by gibbsgal View Post
    What does this mean?
    We need to go in a different direction. Voting the same group back into office will result in the same old bull. The other candidates may not be the best but they are different than what we have now. Could not beat the machine on the vote for the school board but defeating the budget stopped some of the political junk that was going to come down in the school district. I realize it just baby steps but that is the way it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by dickypotpie View Post
    If Mckusker doesn't win and Szymanski does,They should appoint Pat.I think he would make a great councilman. What do guys think?
    Yeah Appoint Pat City Manager and make Szymanski Mayor of Ceremonies! LOL He hasn't done a thing as my former councilman so why would he start as mayor?

Quote Originally Posted by lackbrokejoke View Post
    So is this a list of everyone who is running? I thought Andrea was in the race?
    She can still enter by doing an independent nominating petition. BTW nice articles by both Pat and The Rev. Watkins in this weeks Front Page! Keep up the good work!

Well so much for Pat Mccusker not the politician, his article in the front page speaks volumes.Hes a political hack just like the boys and girls he runs with. He is excluding the African American land deal from his article. He is being coaxed by Mingarelli and the boys to go with the Arabic land sale because they can bring the most to the table for him politically. He can care less who gets this land. Why all of a sudden is he worried what deal the council has struck. Where were you months ago Pat? Speaking of dividing the first ward, you have just done that! What African American could ever vote for you when you wont even give them a fair chance to bid on city owned property.

Thumbs down Can't Debate ISSUES in Lackawanna without name calling:

Here we go again! You obviously can't call anybody out on issues in Lackawanna. Why does Jaworski who voted for the land sale to begin with change his vote? Answer : Because he saw an opening in the African American Community for votes that's why. Political Hackiness at Lackawanna's Finest!

By the way I thought you and your group were with Geoff? Apparently your playing sides also since your with Jaworski on this one.

Here's 3 words for all you Political Experts and WANNA BE'S in Lackawanna "INTEGRITY", "MORALS" and "HONESTY"! Since none of you involved in politics seem to know what they are I'll put the definition up:

in·teg·ri·ty   /ɪnˈtɛgrɪti/ Show Spelled
    [in-teg-ri-tee] Show IPA

–noun
    1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.

Here's another one for you:

mor·al   /ˈmɔrəl, ˈmɒr-/ Show Spelled
    [mawr-uhl, mor-] Show IPA

–adjective
    1.of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: moral attitudes.
    2.expressing or conveying truths or counsel as to right conduct, as a speaker or a literary work; moralizing: a moral novel.
    3.founded on the fundamental principles of right conduct rather than on legalities, enactment, or custom: moral obligations.

Here's another one:

hon·es·ty   /ˈɒnəsti/ Show Spelled
    [on-uh-stee] Show IPA

–noun, plural -ties.
    1. the quality or fact of being honest; uprightness and fairness.
    2. truthfulness, sincerity, or frankness.
    3. freedom from deceit or fraud.

When any of the 2 incumbents or anyone else involved in politics in the City of Lackawanna show any of these it'll be a cold day in hell. That is just my opinon and expierence over the last 20 years and I really don't care what you think about it! The truth hurts now doesn't it?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information