Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idiots Anonymous?

Unregistered

Idiots Anonymous?

As a strong advocate for First Amendment freedom of speech, ultimately driven from Bflo for that belief, I am often frustated to see serious topics on SUWNY 'taken over' by utter idiocy, always by anonymous posters.

It drives aways serious citizens wishing to particiapte in vital discussion of pressing issues on a potentially powerful civic problem-solving tool in a deeply troubled city & region.

I propose that personal criticism of another only occur by honestly named posters in order to promote greater responsiblity for the rights & feelings of others . . and more responsible "freedom of speech".

And, there no doubt needs to be an "IDIOTS ANONYMOUS" category for anybody stuck in adolescence to mock out everything in sight which gives them pleasure . . all in complete anonymity . . (to protect the guilty?).

it certainly was a big loss for buffalo and a big gain for minny.....seriously...

Seriously...it's more like people who move south for the better weather...you chose what you want to live with.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by kernwatch
    As a strong advocate for First Amendment freedom of speech, ultimately driven from Bflo for that belief, I am often frustated to see serious topics on SUWNY 'taken over' by utter idiocy, always by anonymous posters.

It drives aways serious citizens wishing to particiapte in vital discussion of pressing issues on a potentially powerful civic problem-solving tool in a deeply troubled city & region.

I propose that personal criticism of another only occur by honestly named posters in order to promote greater responsiblity for the rights & feelings of others . . and more responsible "freedom of speech".

And, there no doubt needs to be an "IDIOTS ANONYMOUS" category for anybody stuck in adolescence to mock out everything in sight which gives them pleasure . . all in complete anonymity . . (to protect the guilty?).

Give me a clue how to stop it?

I was thinking about making a few forums that were by request only.

Lets say we start a forum called waterfront developement. Only those that have shown some intelligence on the matter could post by invite only. Anyone could read the posts but you could not post unless you were invited in to participate. This way if a dozen people really wanted to focus on an issue they could.

How could you logistically make every one post under their real name?

Say I post as John Smith? How does anyone prove that I'm really John Smith?

That's great....

So, who do you think should start - Losman or Edwards?
    Data is not the plural of Anecdote.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon
    That's great....

So, who do you think should start - Losman or Edwards?

LMAO!!!!
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Give me a clue how to stop it?

I was thinking about making a few forums that were by request only.

Lets say we start a forum called waterfront developement. Only those that have shown some intelligence on the matter could post by invite only. Anyone could read the posts but you could not post unless you were invited in to participate. This way if a dozen people really wanted to focus on an issue they could.

To me, that's a good idea, in theory, but sort of defeats the purpose of a forum like Speak Up. For better, worse, indifferent, or idiotic, this is a place for more or less the uncensored voices of Western New York. I don't like the idea of starting to mess with censoring them-- no matter how ridiculous discussions can often get on here.
    The beauty and curse of the Internet is-- for the most part-- participants get to remain as anonymous as possible.
    Also, it's hard to prove who would be who-- and we could easily have an attack of the clones. There could be 5 or 6 Byron Browns and Chris Collins a day.
    "You show what you are willing to fight for when you fight friends." - Hillary Rodham Clinton

So, what's everyone doing for Thanksgiving?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by therising
    So, what's everyone doing for Thanksgiving?
    Watching concernedwnyer chase his turkey

Watching concernedwnyer chase his turkey

Nope, that bird will be well done by then. No running off the plate.

Concerned - you have the opportunity to enable 20 turkeys to be delivered to a food bank.
    Are you not up to the challenge?

The choice if your's. I suppose the poor people could always wait till next year.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    How much would 20 turkey's be anyways? You said .29 cents a pound? How many pounds are they?

I dunno, say 15 lbs average - about 5 bucks each.

How much would 20 turkey's be anyways? You said .29 cents a pound? How many pounds are they?
    .29 a lb. they weigh about 15-22 lbs. must spend $25. Limit one per purchase.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information