Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill's Stadium Downtown - NO WAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Trolls_r_us
    here's my crazy idea!
    Use the existing central terminal tower and build the stadium on the grounds of the old rail terminal! Fans would walk through the existing terminal atrium into the actual field!
    Imagine how amazing it would be to walk up the Central Terminal steps and into a huge, open area filled with Bills merchandise, small food court type shops, etc on your way into the new stadium?
    The tower itself could be built into one corner of the bowl shaped stadium, and it could also house VERY expensive condos where people who lived there could boast the ability to view an NFL game by looking out the massive sliding glass doors in their living room, or walking out onto their private balcony!
    It's not as crazy as it sounds. You could make some SERIOUS MONEY for the team and help pay for the construction costs by selling leases for those condos.
    People are talking about the proposed condos near Gates Circle selling for almost a million bucks.
    What would a upscale condo in the Central Terminal that would have a view of home Bills games go for?
    I wouldn't be surprised if they went for almost 2 million a piece.
    While this is a great idea to bring back the CT, to do it right it would cost almost double the cost of the project if not more to the 1.2B - 1.5B range.

There would needs to be a ton of investment into this area outside of a new stadium to make it work. Even with this, I doubt you would get 2M for a condo.

Essentially you would need to build an entire new "mid town" around the CT for it to work and actually get people to go there. This reminds me of the Atlantic Yards project in Brooklyn. Building a new arena for the Nets in Brooklyn over rail yards. Price Tag: $4 Billion.

leftwny,

I sort of figured the costs would be prohibitive.

Sadly, the cost of restoring an existing structure is almost always more than just building new.

It's a cool fantasy though!
    The truth from a troll is still the truth.

leftwny,

I sort of figured the costs would be prohibitive.

Sadly, the cost of restoring an existing structure is almost always more than just building new.

It's a cool fantasy though!

For sure!!! After you posted I spent 30 minutes on Google Earth "working it out" in my head.

I have always thought that Everything North of William and Bailey should be cleared and make that a "mid town" of sorts. VERY COOL!

here's my crazy idea!

Use the existing central terminal tower and build the stadium on the grounds of the old rail terminal! Fans would walk through the existing terminal atrium into the actual field!

Imagine how amazing it would be to walk up the Central Terminal steps and into a huge, open area filled with Bills merchandise, small food court type shops, etc on your way into the new stadium?

The tower itself could be built into one corner of the bowl shaped stadium, and it could also house VERY expensive condos where people who lived there could boast the ability to view an NFL game by looking out the massive sliding glass doors in their living room, or walking out onto their private balcony!

It's not as crazy as it sounds. You could make some SERIOUS MONEY for the team and help pay for the construction costs by selling leases for those condos.

People are talking about the proposed condos near Gates Circle selling for almost a million bucks.

What would a upscale condo in the Central Terminal that would have a view of home Bills games go for?

I wouldn't be surprised if they went for almost 2 million a piece.

Naw, it would be cheaper just to buy them a one way airline ticket out a here. First class on me!

Utilising the CT again is a great idea even if a dome isnt directly connected to it.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedwnyer

Naw, it would be cheaper just to buy them a one way airline ticket out a here. First class on me!
    Hopefully you'll be joining them! Bye, Bye

Central Terminal Stadium ? ?

I say that it would be better to turn it into a train station than a football stadium.

I do like the idea of expensive condos in the tower. Maybe the drug lords on the East Side could snap them up !
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. (Sir Winston Churchill)

Quote Originally Posted by bflonum1fan
    I say that it would be better to turn it into a train station than a football stadium.

I do like the idea of expensive condos in the tower. Maybe the drug lords on the East Side could snap them up !
    LOL!!! Football does have a hypnotic effect... Brown ball going through air hhhmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by sylvan_fettle
    Utilising the CT again is a great idea even if a dome isnt directly connected to it.

I think something has to be done with the CT. If they were to connect it to the Metro, a lot would happen.

Just imagine something like Atlantic Yards without the BB arena.

Yes a domed stadium just like the big top.After 56-10 loss Sunday night we sure got the clowns to play there.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Walters
    Yes a domed stadium just like the big top.After 56-10 loss Sunday night we sure got the clowns to play there.
    Apples & Oranges.

Im sure Ralph is all for "anything it takes to win", but when he is gone I think the bills will have a better chance in a "new era". I also think that a football team is only a small fraction of what is needed to make the area better.

Good clown names apples and oranges. AKA Loserman and Edwards.Thanks for chimeing in velvet.

Good clown names apples and oranges. AKA Loserman and Edwards.Thanks for chimeing in velvet.
    I'mnot sure if anyone can play with New England right now---I would like to steal patriots-lace from them though--that would make a huge difference in this city---even if there wasn't a new staiduim in play. It has everything downtown needs--stores, restaurants and hotels.

If you think the value of the Bills boils down to score against what some say is the best team in league history v. a young and injured team then this conversation is a little over your head.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information